Notices

who is having problems or have had with hondata?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who is having problems or have had with hondata?

I've been having hondata for about 3 months..ran good only 2 months..My other few friend have boosted cars using hondata ems. Now they are starting to have problems with it too..it keeps throwing CEL for no reasons.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (b00sted_GS-R)

Which CEL's? Which Hondata setup? What engine are you using?
Old 01-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (Dee)

are you referring to an intermitent cel...comes on for a second and then goes off?
Old 01-04-2005, 03:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (Syner-G-Racing)

i have used ALOT of hondata's and have never ever had tehm throw cel's for no reason at all, there must be something wrong............Miller
Old 01-04-2005, 04:06 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you referring to an intermitent cel...comes on for a second and then goes off?</TD></TR></TABLE>

that would be the shift light that is built into the hondata CEL....
Old 01-04-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (Dee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Which CEL's? Which Hondata setup? What engine are you using?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you running a 3 bar map sensor or the stock one??
Old 01-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (TurboBumblBee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboBumblBee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that would be the shift light that is built into the hondata CEL.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

no smart *** you have to physicaly wire that in, its not built in. and thats not what im even talking about.

if you have a cold solder joint on the eprom, alot of the time it will throw a code at higher temps or vibration.

ive found it to be a common problem for the novice DIY's that solder their own chip set.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no smart *** you have to physicaly wire that in, its not built in. and thats not what im even talking about.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually your wronhg and rite.
The shift lite that uses the cel is automatically configured. the shift lite with the led needs to be wired in.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:18 AM
95GSRTT

Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (itr206)

MY CEL comes on sometimes on decel. Supposedly a pretty common thing with the s200b. Go figure
Old 01-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (95GSRTT)

i have not had any issues or cel's with my hondata, except for bucking at part throttle in 3rd. but that is the tuners fault.

platinum.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Trial User

Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (itr206)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually your wronhg and rite.
The shift lite that uses the cel is automatically configured. the shift lite with the led needs to be wired in. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you itr206... so this smartass here was right!
Old 01-04-2005, 10:34 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (platinum00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinum00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have not had any issues or cel's with my hondata, except for bucking at part throttle in 3rd. but that is the tuners fault.

platinum.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sometimes it was the tuners fault, sometimes it wasn't, only because of the fact that the resolution of the fuel map on partial throttle seems to be rather picky. It took my tuner and I HOURS to get all the bugs worked out on the partial throttle tuning of 3 hondas. Sometimes it "hiccuped" a lot, sometimes a little, and in varying gears, and rpms and throttle percentage. Much of it was because of the millisecond time delay of the injectors used. Usually RC & Precision worked fine, but if they were say, Siemen Dekas, the millisecond time delay was a problem because it couldn't be accessed.

I also noticed that during first startup and driving to warm the car up (This was on 2 fully built GS-Rs) that a random misfire solid CEL would appear. Once we turned the car off and back on again, it rarely ever reappeared, but it was rather annoying.

I had had enough, and got rid of it for my own applications. But HONDATA is still a good system IMHO..
Old 01-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (TheShodan)

most problems i would say, can be blamed on the tuner.

the decel CEL i've found is attributed to turning the o2 heater off and running in open loop, where the o2 sensor isn't used. That's the only random CEL i've got, which is just a bug within the v3.5.5 of Romeditor, it didn't happen with v3.5.4. Supposedly there is a new version of rom editor coming out soon, so we'll see what happens.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:38 PM

my itr with s100w/boost used to bog on the highway. Then I updated the software and now I throw cels for code 12 egr valve. I don't have a egr so I'm learning to live with seeing it there.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (btotherizzle)

i thought there was a way to disable certain sensors with hondata.

i have never tuned with the software, so not 100% sure on that.

platinum.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you have a cold solder joint on the eprom, alot of the time it will throw a code at higher temps or vibration.

ive found it to be a common problem for the novice DIY's that solder their own chip set. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive done that. Two solder points were just a little lacking with the solder, tested the ECU on my car, worked fine, sent the ECU, it worked fine, then i got a IM saying it was throwing a random cell only going over bumps.

Biggest problem with hondata tuners(this is only some, not all) is they do all their tuning on a dyno jet and just assume the hondata basemaps provided will take care of the part throttle. I never paticularly cared for that thinking and thats why some guys have small hiccups and such in part throttle. That always bothered me, "i got tuned in 2 hours on my dyno jet" but no one touched the part throttle....

At this point i would say the system is pretty solid. I would imagine any problems would be user error or the infrequent error while building the chip/box.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

After a year of running fine my stage2b gives me a code 1 .. oxygen sensor voltage code almost every time I drive it. i have no oxygen sensor so it must be a program bug...
Old 01-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (TurboBumblBee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboBumblBee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thank you itr206... so this smartass here was right! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I wasnt trying to be a smart ***. You should have asked me if that was what I was referring to instead of trying to be cool. Instead you made yourself look like an ***. but yeah, no harm done.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:05 AM

i just had my car tuned, and i get a partial throttle studder sometimes, and when i get on the accelerator from cruising on the highway. Also, my injectors seem to pour out gas on cold starts till it warms up... Theres so much soot on my driveway and bumper It idles normal after warmup though, is that common?
Old 01-05-2005, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who is having problems or have had with hondata? (VinceVTEC)

people are having these issues' with hondata. but do these issues not exsist with other management systems.

platinum.