Notices

Where to mount gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to mount gauges?

i don't want to mount my gauges on the a-pillar like most people do. the car is a 93 del sol si and i was thinking it might be nice to have the gauges on the upper pillar between the sun visors, but i haven't seen anything like this so idk where id get a pod. if anybody has any pictures,links,etc it'd be helpful. also, is the top of the del sol dash similar to the integra,eg civic,ek civic?i found pods that mount on top of the dash and have holes for gauges on either side(they look like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...38660 )
Old 07-13-2004, 09:38 AM

i mounted mine in the center vent.. it was a pain but it looks pretty cool
Old 07-13-2004, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Where to mount gauges? (PA MATT)

Mounted my gauges in the trim around the gauge cluster. That way they are all in the line of sight.

I used one of these, and with some cutting, trimming and filling, I made a custom one out of my stock bezel:

Old 07-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to mount gauges? (beepy)

i wanna retain my center vents, although i have thought about puttin my gauges there.
beepy-del sol's don't have the outer cover, so thats not an option
Old 07-13-2004, 12:14 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: Where to mount gauges? (beepy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beepy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mounted my gauges in the trim around the gauge cluster. That way they are all in the line of sight.

I used one of these, and with some cutting, trimming and filling, I made a custom one out of my stock bezel:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm still waiting on my dash mounted one like that. NEVER order from the knuckleheads at theneonedge.com 3 months and I'm getting the run around from them. Filed for an ebay fruad thing as well as paypal. Anyway, I have one of those coming (maybe ) and a double gauge pillar pod. 4 gauges total. I don't think the a pillar one would be all that bad man.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Where to mount gauges? (IslandSi)

Del sol's have nice circle airvents in the side...seen many people put boost gauges, tachs, etc. in the driver's side and still allow air to flow through it.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to mount gauges? (carbonDelSol)

i'd really like to put the gauges on the top plastic between the sun visors, but i have no idea where to get a pod for up there.i've thought about the vents but it doesnt seem like i'd still be able to get air through there and since this is my daily driver i need heat in the winter...
Old 07-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 07-14-2004, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PA MATT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'd really like to put the gauges on the top plastic between the sun visors, but i have no idea where to get a pod for up there.i've thought about the vents but it doesnt seem like i'd still be able to get air through there and since this is my daily driver i need heat in the winter...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not to be harsh, but that is one of the worst ideas i've ever heard. When you're driving, are you typically looking straight forward with the gauges right in your peripheral vision, or are you looking up above the rear view mirrors? Having gauges there just doesn't make sense, it's too akward and clumsy to look at while you're driving and just seems unsafe. Most people mount the gauges on the A-pillar because they're easy to see while driving.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to mount gauges? (boosted92)

well that's probably why nobody's done it yet, but im just lookin for ideas. the a-pillar looks to be where im goin but the gauges will be right above the rear view mirror so it doesnt seem like it'd be that hard to see em, but thanx for the advice