Notices

Where is matt? The manifold man. (One-FAB)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is matt? The manifold man. (One-FAB)

Well here is another thread from someone who's been waiting and waiting to get a turbo manifold from matt, the sneaky manifold man, who seems very quick to take people's order and money, but then disappears, and when you get a hold of him on a rare ocassion he always has a different excuse.

I ordered:

- Manifold
- Turbo
- Wastegate
- Downpipe
- Dumptube

This was back around mid october. At the time I e-mailed him a few times to get prices and he was very quick with the replies and offered decent prices so I went ahead and placed the order over the phone. The deal was that he would get the order out to me right before the SEMA show, or right after he got back from the show. This wasnt the case, he didnt ship it before the show, and didnt send it after either. Instead, he told me the turbo I wanted was in backorder and that I would have to wait around two weeks to get it. I told him that he could send me the rest of the order, and then get me the turbo once he got it, but he said he needed to fit the manifold to the turbo to make sure that everything fits.

The week before thanksgiving, I spoke to matt once again, and he told me the turbo was still on backorder and that he didnt know when precision was going to have it. I told him to send me the rest of the order and he agreed, and told me that I would have a tracking number by friday of that week or monday. Once again, I didnt get a tracking number and it took me the whole week of thanksgiving to get a hold of him again. I cant even remember the excuse he gave me for not sending it out, but we agreed again on that he would send it, the friday after thanksgivings or the monday after depending how busy his schedule was with the family and all that.

I've been trying to get a hold of him since and he doesnt return my calls or e-mails. I dont mind having to wait a little bit longer for a good product, but it just pisses me off that he's lied to me twice about sending me the rest of my order, and then everytime I need to get a hold of him I have to call and leave messages a bunch of times, and when he finally replies to an e-mail, or calls back, he complains, and says that I'm a difficult customer. I'm not the only one with this issue, I've seen quite a few of these threads about one-fab in the past few weeks, and they need to get their **** together and stop taking people's money if they're not going to provide the service that they advertise.

Just venting here, and hoping matt will see this, because it's impossible to get him on e-mail or the phone.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (BoostGoneWild)

Seems to be the thing with all the new manifold makers.

I had a similiar experience with CRFAB before he totally disappeared. Got my manifold and it didn't even fit right

Oh well. I hope you get your stuff settled. At least you are waiting during the off season, not in the middle of a race season .
Old 12-03-2005, 02:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (dester223)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dester223 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seems to be the thing with all the new manifold makers.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think Matt is a new manifold maker.. this has been a recent common occurance though.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (dester223)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dester223 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seems to be the thing with all the new manifold makers.

I had a similiar experience with CRFAB before he totally disappeared. Got my manifold and it didn't even fit right

Oh well. I hope you get your stuff settled. At least you are waiting during the off season, not in the middle of a race season .</TD></TR></TABLE>

what part of it didnt fit? the flange to the head or what? got my crfab few months ago and never test fitted it
Old 12-03-2005, 05:45 PM

Im right here, I have never once lied to you.
The Turbo is on backorder once agian. I cannot do anything whatsoever about that.
I was not quick to take your money.
I offered to refund your money on the turbo and send the parts, you told me no the backorder wasnt a problem.
You've given me crap since day two of the order, you were pissed off when i didnt have your order complete two weeks into this after I told you all day 4 weeks?

You told me You wanted me to send the remainder of the order in which I told you I would do no problem, but it wouldn't Happen instantly?
I dont understand, Every single time ive told you it will take me few days to get everything else together. You email me with the same response every time?
I dont get it. Ive tried to accomadate all of you needs. I gave you cost on the turbo being its on backorder? this is ridiculous
I cannot always answer the phone or check my email 24/7, I appologize.

Ive been busting me *** for weeks no trying to get caught up, I just moved to another city and have help in the shop.
I dont understand why you've come at me like this from day one.
Ive been up to date with you on everything, gimme a break
Old 12-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

typical...youlll get your manifold...and youll love the quality...but it will take a while....i dont think hes going to rip you off.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't be quick to jump the gun. Manifolds take awhile to construct, especially if there's only one guy making them. Remember, patience is a virtue, I had to wait 4 months for my topmount. If it wasn't for the hurricane in his area, which cut ties with his materials supplier in Houston, and moving to a new shop, I'm sure he would have had it done for me alot quicker. Nice things take time. You'll be happy once you get your mani.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (This One)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by This One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im right here......I cannot always answer the phone or check my email 24/7, I appologize.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now that is just a smart *** answer and a shitty excuse for a business. I could care less about your quality or your product once the wait is over. People pay you good money for a product and you throw every excuse in the world on why you can't answer a e-mail or answer the phone call. Then you put the blame on the cutomers because they are not patient with your wait times. You can't keep up with the orders? Quit taking them till you catch up!

This is not the only person who makes manifolds by himself, but it's the only one with threads of people unhappy with customer service and wait time and with very vaild reasons. A backorder turbo is one thing but it goes deeper than that.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (B18 CYA)

I sent you a PM, I didn't want to clutter his thread.

To the original poster, I hope everything works out.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (nsxmatt)

Would you rather have him answering the phone or working on manifolds? Hiring another employee is not as easy as it sounds, as there a numerous tax and government related things you have to do in order to have a multi-employee business, and the fact that he then has to pay another person causes prices to go up.

At this point he may be able to justify another person working there, perhaps to handle the paperwork. Matt's a good guy, but seems he needs a little help communicating with customers.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Now that is just a smart *** answer and a shitty excuse for a business. I could care less about your quality or your product once the wait is over. People pay you good money for a product and you throw every excuse in the world on why you can't answer a e-mail or answer the phone call. Then you put the blame on the cutomers because they are not patient with your wait times. You can't keep up with the orders? Quit taking them till you catch up!

This is not the only person who makes manifolds by himself, but it's the only one with threads of people unhappy with customer service and wait time and with very vaild reasons. A backorder turbo is one thing but it goes deeper than that.</TD></TR></TABLE> WERD. This would be the fourth thread like I have seen like this, you don't see it with Fullrace or Lovefab etc. Stop making excuses.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (k24em2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k24em2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would you rather have him answering the phone or working on manifolds? </TD></TR></TABLE>

One would think any business could do both answering calls and making the product. If not then you need to either take on less work, or hire some more people.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe Matt is a one man band , i dont know?? RLD-Fab is a 3 person team and we still take a 2-3 weeks to produse a manifold , so just think of that before people start posting stuff , not trying to take sides but give another builders point of view.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (B18C1CYA)

yes, it is matt and just matt as of right now.... he's training a few people to help him....

you have to understand he just moved.... tig welders, metal supply, vehicles, lifts, workbenches, tools, jigs, bandsaws, and everything. not to mention the changing of address, swapping over the phones.

give him a ******* break
Old 12-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (B18C1CYA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C1CYA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe Matt is a one man band , i dont know?? RLD-Fab is a 3 person team and we still take a 2-3 weeks to produse a manifold , so just think of that before people start posting stuff , not trying to take sides but give another builders point of view. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid_Coupe
&raquo;
</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">typical...youlll get your manifold...and youll love the quality...but it will take a while....i dont think hes going to rip you off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm a one man fab crew...I know what matt is going through. He's working his *** off to get everything to go just as planned. Doing his best with everything within his power and some kid who is UBER anxious to get his parts starts freaking the expletive out for no apparent reason. The worst part is...the last time you talked to Matt you probably conveyed no REAL concern with the timing of your parts. And now this you explode on him over the internet to get you e-justice. Well from all of the fabricators on this forum I think I can give you a nice warm cup of STFU.

I'm dealing with the same stuff matt is...only difference is I had to stop production until school is over.(dec 17th) and all it takes is someone like you to spook the rest of the customers for no apparent ******* reason other than you were patient two days ago, but now Matt is the worst person ever. give me a break.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (RTErnie)

Looks to me the customer is to impatient.. i mean if you guys read he even offered a refund for the turbo and to send everything else.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (GiNuWiNe)

I can understand where matt's commin from completely... You always have a class clown. In business you always have the impatient guys lookin for instant satisfaction. life.... gotta love it
Old 12-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (JDMs1eeper)

my Father told me something that I keep with me til this day... he said, "son you won't be able to make everyone happy, some people are just miserable and there is nothing you can do to make them happy."

So true.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (RTErnie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTErnie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my Father told me something that I keep with me til this day... he said, "son you won't be able to make everyone happy, some people are just miserable and there is nothing you can do to make them happy."

So true.</TD></TR></TABLE>

very
Old 12-04-2005, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by This One
Im right here, I have never once lied to you.
The Turbo is on backorder once agian. I cannot do anything whatsoever about that.
I was not quick to take your money.
I offered to refund your money on the turbo and send the parts, you told me no the backorder wasnt a problem.
You've given me crap since day two of the order, you were pissed off when i didnt have your order complete two weeks into this after I told you all day 4 weeks?

You told me You wanted me to send the remainder of the order in which I told you I would do no problem, but it wouldn't Happen instantly?
I dont understand, Every single time ive told you it will take me few days to get everything else together. You email me with the same response every time?
I dont get it. Ive tried to accomadate all of you needs. I gave you cost on the turbo being its on backorder? this is ridiculous

Ive been busting me *** for weeks no trying to get caught up, I just moved to another city and have help in the shop.
I dont understand why you've come at me like this from day one.
Ive been up to date with you on everything, gimme a break
You told me that you would get me a tracking number friday of that week, or monday. That didnt happen, so I called you again the week after that and you said exactly the same thing before thanks givings, and it's more than a week since and I still have no tracking number.

Originally Posted by This One
I cannot always answer the phone or check my email 24/7, I appologize.
No time to answer phone calls or customer e-mails, but have time to be on honda-tech?

For all the people that are saying I'm just an impatient customer, you're all missing the point. This order was supposed to be completed in 4 weeks (said by him), and it's now been 8 since I placed it. I understand the turbo is on back order, but I have attempted to get the rest of my parts from him twice already and he always promises that he'll ship them out and then doesnt. I've been sending him e-mails all this week and calling him and he doesnt pick the phone or reply to any of my e-mails. Why are you hiding matt? Let me guess, because you didnt send my order out when you were supposed to.

Since you say you have my order ready, and all you're waiting for is the turbo. How about we try doing this once more.

- Send all my parts monday (e-mail me tracking)
- Keep the money for the turbo and just send it as soon as you get it from precision.

Originally Posted by JDMs1eeper
I can understand where matt's commin from completely... You always have a class clown. In business you always have the impatient guys lookin for instant satisfaction. life.... gotta love it
Haha, 8 weeks = Instant satisfaction ? Give me a break dude.

Originally Posted by GiNuWiNe
Looks to me the customer is to impatient.. i mean if you guys read he even offered a refund for the turbo and to send everything else.
And I've told him to just send me all my parts first, and then the turbo whenever it gets there and he's agreed, but then fails to send me any of my parts.

Originally Posted by RTErnie

I'm a one man fab crew...I know what matt is going through. He's working his *** off to get everything to go just as planned. Doing his best with everything within his power and some kid who is UBER anxious to get his parts starts freaking the expletive out for no apparent reason. The worst part is...the last time you talked to Matt you probably conveyed no REAL concern with the timing of your parts. And now this you explode on him over the internet to get you e-justice. Well from all of the fabricators on this forum I think I can give you a nice warm cup of STFU.

I'm dealing with the same stuff matt is...only difference is I had to stop production until school is over.(dec 17th) and all it takes is someone like you to spook the rest of the customers for no apparent ******* reason other than you were patient two days ago, but now Matt is the worst person ever. give me a break.
Warm cup of STFU? I own a business too, and I would love to see what my customers would say if I told them that their orders are going to be late by a month just because I havent had time. If I promise to do something in four weeks I will work my *** off to meet the deadline, and I understand **** happens, but I've never been four weeks late with a customer's order.

First of all, I'm not a kid. And no apparent reason? I've been waiting eight weeks for my stuff when I was told I would get it in four. Havent you seen all the other people that have waited 4-5 months to get a manifold from matt? I'm not the only one with this issue, there's been quite a few threads about him in the past month and all of thread creators had the same problem (waiting months for a manifold that was promised to be done in 3-4 weeks).

Originally Posted by nsxmatt

One would think any business could do both answering calls and making the product. If not then you need to either take on less work, or hire some more people.

Modified by BoostGoneWild at 4:21 PM 12/4/2005
Old 12-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Matt can you please contact me.

Kyle
Old 12-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i waited 2-3 months for mine... ****** calm down, do you want him to stop everything he has to do JUST to satisfy you? go play with your ******* or something
Old 12-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i waited 2-3 months for mine... ****** calm down, do you want him to stop everything he has to do JUST to satisfy you? go play with your ******* or something</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not a very mature response and not anything to do with the thread.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostGoneWild &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Warm cup of STFU? I own a business too, and I would love to see what my customers would say if I told them that their orders are going to be late by a month just because I havent had time. If I promise to do something in four weeks I will work my *** off to meet the deadline, and I understand **** happens, but I've never been four weeks late with a customer's order.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I think not saying anything at all is the worst thing anyone could do. If I tell you its going to be 4 weeks...and its going to be longer I would let you know. And say im sorry that this happened...these are our options(refund, wait, wait with reduction in pricing) etc. Custom parts are way different than selling garrett turbo's and tial bov's.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostGoneWild &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all, I'm not a kid. And no apparent reason? I've been waiting eight weeks for my stuff when I was told I would get it in four. Havent you seen all the other people that have waited 4-5 months to get a manifold from matt? I'm not the only one with this issue, there's been quite a few threads about him in the past month and all of thread creators had the same problem (waiting months for a manifold that was promised to be done in 3-4 weeks).</TD></TR></TABLE>
looks like matt needs to make some changes. I waited 9 months for a custom header for my neon when I was 17... so I know about waiting for parts. You may not be a kid, but by the way you handle situations may be construed that way. You getting really pissed off WILL NOT change the situation. I think its understood that Matt is a stand up guy and IS NOT going to shaft you. So best way to handle this IMO would be to CALL matt, not make slanderous posts on H-T(not saying that you did) and tell him how you HONESTLY feel.

Matt if you read this. I learned my lesson the hard way like you are. DON'T promise the customer anything you can't be sure about. If you're not sure say...IDK, I can't give you a date. I've found that if you tell someone its going to be 4 months and it comes out in 2 they love you...but if you tell them 4 weeks and it comes out in 2 months they hate you. Your parts are nice and high quality, but be sure you take care of your production issues. I had to stop taking orders for a month or so to catch up on everything. Now I just don't take on more than 2 orders at a time. It's not the most beneficial way for me to make parts, but I don't have the same kind of problems that you're having now.

Old 12-04-2005, 03:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not a very mature response and not anything to do with the thread. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: Where is matt? The manifold man. (One-FAB)