Notices

Where is matt? The manifold man. (One-FAB)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 03:07 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (wantboost)

Just because you did, doesnt mean everyone else has to. I can understand delays and it takes time to get **** done. But dont promise something and not deliver. I have never understood, once again, why shops feel the need to lie about what they will be able to accomplish. If you cant do it for ANY reason call the customer and let them know. They may not be happy, but at least they know you are pretending to care about their satisfaction as a customer.

I can also see this guys point of view. He has seen around 3 threads now of people waiting at least 3-5 months for their manifold and he doesnt want to be the next guy that has to. So he wants to make sure things are addressed BEFORE it gets to that point.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:10 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (RTErnie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTErnie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Matt if you read this. I learned my lesson the hard way like you are. DON'T promise the customer anything you can't be sure about. If you're not sure say...IDK, I can't give you a date. I've found that if you tell someone its going to be 4 months and it comes out in 2 they love you...but if you tell them 4 weeks and it comes out in 2 months they hate you. Your parts are nice and high quality, but be sure you take care of your production issues. I had to stop taking orders for a month or so to catch up on everything. Now I just don't take on more than 2 orders at a time. It's not the most beneficial way for me to make parts, but I don't have the same kind of problems that you're having now.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

How it should be
Old 12-04-2005, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (BoostGoneWild)

IT HAS NOT BEEN 8 WEEKS!
You add a week to this every day we talk.
It had been 6 weeks from the Date your card was charged.
two weeks ago YOu decided you wanted me to Send out the Rest of the stuff. Agian It takes time, i never told you I would have a tracking number for you that day.

I havent Responded to your recent email because its an exact copy of the last emails you sent me in which ive replied to several times. Ive replied to your every other email.
I dont know what else to tell you?
Would you like me to lie to you and tell you this and that instead?

you've been pissed off at me every time Ive talked to you, since the day after you ordered your Parts.
You were pissed at me 2 weeks later when you still hadnt hard your parts after you were told several times how long it would take?
At this point all I see is an oppurtunity for you to attack me.
Everyone is always quick to post on here. There are plenty of other ways to get ahold of me since you think im hiding from you.
You've held everyone else problems agianst me from day one,
Where's your post agianst precision being on backorder, yet the parts that are avialable you bitch at me about?
I dont see you complaining about them and I dont even have an ETA on their stuff.

I'll just go ahead and refund the money for you turbo, and you'll have your manifold and DP ASAP
Old 12-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not a very mature response and not anything to do with the thread. </TD></TR></TABLE>

it has everything to do with it... this guy thinks that because he ordered a manifold that matt is supposed to stop what he is doing on all of his other orders and get this guys done first so hes happy.

he doesnt get that things take time and he isnt the most important person in matt's little bubble
Old 12-04-2005, 03:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTErnie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Matt if you read this. I learned my lesson the hard way like you are. DON'T promise the customer anything you can't be sure about. If you're not sure say...IDK, I can't give you a date. I've found that if you tell someone its going to be 4 months and it comes out in 2 they love you...but if you tell them 4 weeks and it comes out in 2 months they hate you. Your parts are nice and high quality, but be sure you take care of your production issues. I had to stop taking orders for a month or so to catch up on everything. Now I just don't take on more than 2 orders at a time. It's not the most beneficial way for me to make parts, but I don't have the same kind of problems that you're having now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I compelty Agree. Im sure you can assume the Recent threads have done their own to slow business down.
Changes are being made around here. Im not talking about it, because everyone else just labels them as excuses, So i'll just keep it to myself and Let everyone think Im lieing I guess

The thing is, the situation with this customer has been to the "t" of what you just explained.
He has been updated On everything other than this week, because I dont have anything for him and He knows that. The emails are an exact replica of what me and him just spoke about last week, I dont know how to explain it to him agian.
He's been pissed that he didnt have it two weeks into the order

I have not once told him it would leave on friday or whatever friday it was. I told him specifically that it would take me a few days to gather everything together.
Not only that after explaining to him It woudl be beneficial That he waited so i can mock everything up and build his setup off of his specific parts once I acquired them.
being I dont have them, I cant do that so the last discussion we had seemed mutual for the most part and He agreed.
Know he comes on here and bashes me for not sending them out.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (This One)

this is what I'd do with this customer... send him his money back and never sell him a part again. I have about 3 people on my never sell a part to them again list. Each of them are exactly how you described BoostGoneWild...not to mention the backing of his posts.

Old 12-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

8 weeks, 6weeks still isnt that long for a custom part. i think i waited that long for my revhard mani directly from revhard. i also had to wait that long for my turbo from garrett since they were on back order. have i made a post on honda-tech complaining but how my parts took longer then expected. no. just relax. also one thing to realize is that one-fab is not the only on taking in orders for his products. he has orders coming in from vendors as well. bottom line. there really isnt a set timeframe on custom parts.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (flip1199)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flip1199 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> bottom line. there really isnt a set timeframe on custom parts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-04-2005, 03:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
he doesnt get that things take time and he isnt the most important person in matt's little bubble</TD></TR></TABLE>

He is in important as a customer, in no way is he not.
I've told him every time we've been in contact what the update was and He was never happy. Im still busting my *** to get orders cuaght up, the conversation has been the same every time, yet i get the same call thenext day?
I dont know what to do in that situation, I cant please everyone.
My order list has dropped in half over the last 3 weeks since we've moved
No one is going to wait What other people have waited in the past, all of those orders have been shipped and recieved. NO ONE IS GETTING RIPPED OFF!!

Ive offerred him his money back and he tells me no, just as he posted.
then he gets upset and bashes me?
Old 12-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

well, in the sense that you should drop everything you had to previously do and make his order top priority, you see where im coming from? there is an order as to what things get done when.... i dont think he likes where he is at on the list, i bet his parents gave him everythign when h e was little as soon as he asked
Old 12-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

finish the mani/dp without the turbo and send it to him.. if it dont fit right explain to him that he didtn want to wait for the turbo so it's his fault. i dont see what the big deal is on waitin anyways.. it's not like he can install the mani/dp without the turbo anyways..
Old 12-04-2005, 03:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, in the sense that you should drop everything you had to previously do and make his order top priority, you see where im coming from? there is an order as to what things get done when.... i dont think he likes where he is at on the list, i bet his parents gave him everythign when h e was little as soon as he asked</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes i see where your coming from, i just wanted to clarify.

Its not as if He's at the bottom of the list, It just takes me a few days to finish up last minute differences from manifold to manifold, build the Dp's and package and ship it all out.
I've had close to 15 manifolds leave in the last 2 weeks with two people working on them. No one is going to have to wait what people have had to wait before.

Old 12-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its a good thing he doesn't need a custom crankshaft from Crower.

I waited about 6 months for mine.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (k24em2)

All good things come to those who wait.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:11 PM

I cant believe that i am reading another one of these threads about 1fab, it seems that everyone that deals with him goes through the same problem. A very good friend of mine waited almost 6 months for his ac compatible 1fab manifold and downpipe and when it finally arrived the manifold hit the valvecover and had to be shaved down alot, the manifold was in no way ac compatible, and neither was the downpipe. to top it all off
the manifold cracked the day before mase was suppose to tune the car. Its just unbelievable.... thank god i bought a lovefab!
Old 12-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTErnie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All good things come to those who wait.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is the worst thing you could ever tell a customer. Anyone who thinks their product is so good that the customer can wait till they get around to it won't be in business very long.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all chinese proverbs don't apply to everything in life do they
Old 12-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (JDMs1eeper)

It comes down to:

A customer purchases an item that should be delivered by a certain date.

When it's months and months past that, no excuse will be good enough for me. No "quality" is going to make it "worth it", either.

As someone else said, there are plenty of quality companies who make great manifolds in a timely fashion. People should stop sending out thousands of dollars to a builder of a product that doesn't exist.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (HybridKOOP)

supply and demand?

its 2 guys VS the world. They could be makeing P&J sandwiches but the line starts here so take a number. Think you could supply the world w/ the hunger of tha o so wonderful P&J sandich?

Old 12-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's just silly.

Of course they couldn't. The difference that you're leaving out is...

Would they be promising the world P&J Sandwiches by so and so date when they KNOW they aren't going to be able to produce the product by then? It seems all too often these days that people won't hesitate to take customers money... and then send the product whenever they get around to it. Like I said, if this person said there is a 4-5 month wait time at the POINT OF SALE, then threads like these wouldn't exist.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (HybridKOOP)

yeah, thats somthing that should be revised in the advertisment.

"due to long lines at the P&J line , the wait may be awhile but your bread will still be fresh "

EDIT:

btw, I'm only kidding around but i do hope this is a learning experience for us 'all". When i had my business, on the website customers had to read a long agreement and click agree before even entering my site. On the bill of sale it also had this where they were to sign by the X. I made sure I was covered on back ordered parts or custom parts and anything possible that could come up to my knowledge. Trust me you'll run into a lot of guys/girls that are wanting to be #1 above all. Terms and Agreements protect you and other customers that are just as important as the complainant
Old 12-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I read all of the posts and I am still wondering why nxsmatt is complaining.

nsxmatt - are you the new H-T *** clown or are you just practicing to be a politician?

Some of you guy's mothers shouldn't have breastfed you until you were 18 years old
Old 12-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (Dee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read all of the posts and I am still wondering why nxsmatt is complaining.

nsxmatt - are you the new H-T *** clown or are you just practicing to be a politician?

Some of you guy's mothers shouldn't have breastfed you until you were 18 years old </TD></TR></TABLE>

EDIT: haha had to delete that. i was only kidding...
Old 12-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Where is matt? The manifold man. (Dee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read all of the posts and I am still wondering why nxsmatt is complaining.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Last time I checked it's a public message board. When my friends get screwed over by anyone I will reply with my opinion on the matter. How that makes me a *** clown is beyond me.

If your only reply to this thread is to start something with me, take it to PM's or just **** off
Old 12-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

why didnt you tell your friend to buy a neukin, you seem to ride his ***** alot

Quick Reply: Where is matt? The manifold man. (One-FAB)