Notices

where to get upper insulator for rc injector?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default where to get upper insulator for rc injector?

i have a set of rc 550s in my civic, and one of the top rubber insulators is torn. where can i get another one? i assume they are different than the oem ones?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where to get upper insulator for rc injector? (kyden)

anyone?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Moderator in Chief

I believe you mean the O-ring at the top? They are the same size as OEM but RC sells them cheaper. I think they are about $1 each.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where to get upper insulator for rc injector? (Muckman)

no, its like a rubber spacer on the top of the injector, (i have 550's- my 750's don't have the rubber spacer). can you order those directly from RC?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no spacer up top. Just small o-rings. Find a pic and show us what you're talking about.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where to get upper insulator for rc injector? (Sprockets)

Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Moderator in Chief

No, I believe he is talking about a black sleeve that is not shown in your picture. It sits below the green O-ring. I dont know its function other than to "insulate" as original described. I dont see how its absolutely nessecary and if its not completely ripped in half Id use it anyways.

But if you want to replace it, RC is your only source.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where to get upper insulator for rc injector? (Muckman)

I think I have the actual Honda part he wants. I bought them a while back before installing RCs and ended up never using them. I'll take pics, hold on...
Old 03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you mean these?

PM me if you want them, because I have no use for them.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kyden &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a set of rc 550s in my civic, and one of the top rubber insulators is torn. where can i get another one? i assume they are different than the oem ones?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you mean these spacers on the pic below?

I do not know where to buy them either... If anyone has an idea where to get them, I would like to know as well! I have two RC 550's injectors that are missing those plastic spacers as well.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where to get upper insulator for rc injector? (Tony the Tiger)

Old 03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where to get upper insulator for rc injector? (dpetro1)

Hey D-petro, all the RC injectors have that lower rubber insulator... Kyden mentioned that only his 550's have it, but not the 750's, and he was asking for the top of the injector. Kyden is right, only the RC 550's have that stupid removable soft plastic/rubber-like spacer at the top. All the other injectors doesn't have it at all. That's how I dropped mine when I first took the injectors out of the rail, not knowing that the plastic piece was removable...

Here are his posts:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kyden &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a set of rc 550s in my civic, and one of the top rubber insulators is torn. where can i get another one? i assume they are different than the oem ones?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kyden &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no, its like a rubber spacer on the top of the injector, (i have 550's- my 750's don't have the rubber spacer). can you order those directly from RC?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where to get upper insulator for rc injector? (Tony the Tiger)

didnt mean to offend you tony, maybe the red x on your pic was a little much. my 550s dont have the piece you are talking about. i think me and muckman might be on the same page.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, I believe he is talking about a black sleeve that is not shown in your picture. It sits below the green O-ring. I dont know its function other than to "insulate" as original described. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hey kyden, so which one is it? if its what me, muckman and sprockets are thinking of then you can use the oem honda part or get them from rc.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dpetro is correct, its the one with the yellow arrow. i'm gonna call RC tomorrow.

and tony, never seen that plastic spacer go on top. that one looks exactly like the piece that goes in the intake manifold. mine just has the o-ring in a groove.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kyden &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dpetro is correct, its the one with the yellow arrow. i'm gonna call RC tomorrow.

and tony, never seen that plastic spacer go on top. that one looks exactly like the piece that goes in the intake manifold. mine just has the o-ring in a groove.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Great... looks like I need to somehow find those replacement plastic rings myself

For the rubber insulators, the OEM Honda ones also work on the RC injectors. So maybe you can save the hassle from getting them directly from RC.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpetro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">didnt mean to offend you tony, maybe the red x on your pic was a little much. my 550s dont have the piece you are talking about. i think me and muckman might be on the same page.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, no offense taken at all. I was also trying to find out exactly which part Kyden was referring to; quite frankly, I am missing those plastic spacers and I want to know where to get them (instead of RC shipping me a few plastic rings for $50 or some **** like that).