Notices

where to get pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to get pulleys

ive been looking for pulleys for my jrsc on my gsr and i cant find it anywhere all i want is the pulley does anyone know where i can find these thanks in advance.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: where to get pulleys

I found this on Team-Integra.net

"JR's high-boost kit is a waste of money in my opinion... to run the higher boost, they throw in waaaay too many band-aid fixes.

but anyhow, for more boost ona JRSC, there's 3 choices:
--blower nose pulley (smaller dia)
--crank pulley (bigger dia)
--alternator stepper(bigger on blower half)

blower nose pulley should be thrown out right off the bat. first off, it adds to possible belt slippage, as stated above. but secondly, and more importantly in my opinion, it voids your eaton warranty on the blower. 2 yr/100k miles is a decent warranty for an aftermarket part, and i'd hate to screw it up with a nose pulley when there's other options.

crank pulley. not a good idea if you ask me b/c most of the aftermarket crank pullies are not harmonically balanced, and this creates problems in it self, yadda yadda, we all know this. if you go for another OEM pulley, like the CRV... just note that the balancer is designed for b20, so it will still balance, but it's not tuned for the specific frequencies seen in the b18 motors. and last of all, with the crv pulley, it overspins EVERYTHING attached to your belts. alternator gets overspun, shortening it's bearing life... it overspings the p/s, making steering mushy... overspins a/c, yadda yadda.

and finally, that leaves alternator stepper pullies. the best option, if you ask me. it only overspins the blower, and everything else is left alone. no screwing up the tuned harmonic balancers, etc. it also reduces the chances for belt slippage on the alt/blower belt. i'm not sure if JR has steppers, but i know endyn (more on that later), and MVM in alabama has them. both of the latter usually run boost up 3 psi, so you can expect 8-9 psi from your stock 5psi kit.

there have been issues in the past with the endyn pulley eating up belts, but they say they've resolved the issue. MVM has never had such issues. price is about the same, within 30 bucks, but MVM also bundles the new belt you'll need. so you can pick your poison on that. i also know that endyn can make custom pullies, for +3, +6 (i think), and pretty much any other boost you might pick (if you have the guts to overrev an eaton waaay over spec) "

call jim @ motorvations motorsports
205-661-3600

They sell the alternator stepper pulley

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/di...1&ThreadPage=2

Here is the thread, hope this helps.

http://www.ftlracing.com/tech/honda/jrsc_pulley.html

This has super information about swapping the crank pullies around to make more boost too if you want to go that route.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: where to get pulleys

wow nice info thanks. ill contact them.