Old 05-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default where can i buy a cheap cooler?

sup guys,
i need a cheap cooler like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-5-...Q5fAccessories

i need it for my winter beater,
anyone know where can i find a cooler like this for a good price, sellers on ebay wants $175 just to ship the cooler....

thanks
Old 05-01-2010, 03:01 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: where can i buy a cheap cooler?

um. where are you located? International is never cheap.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
um. where are you located? International is never cheap.
hi,
im from israel, and shipped intercoolers to here before, shipping should be $110 for a
27"-34" X 13" cooler.

but the one i need now is alot smaller, around 18-20" X 9-11" and ebay sellers want 175 for shipping them here,
Old 05-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe im missing the question..... you already know what shipping will cost to your country

find one that small enough for your setup and just get over the shipping cost... sorry if thats harsh but its not like we can hook you up

i hate shipping anything international
Old 05-02-2010, 02:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by azandford
maybe im missing the question..... you already know what shipping will cost to your country

find one that small enough for your setup and just get over the shipping cost... sorry if thats harsh but its not like we can hook you up

i hate shipping anything international
lol i dont want to be "hooked up" just wondering if anyone know a shop that have the same coolers and wont rip me off on shipping, $175 in shipping is $100 more then it should cost,
Old 05-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Last 2 times I shipped international, 5 day shipping took 5 weeks. Motherf'ing customs in other countries, especially middle-east countries, can be a nightmare and something the seller can't control. If they use USPS, then it's up to the receiving country's good/bad postal service to get it to you.

Given you only get a tracking number with the costly shipping options, and that paypal basicly requires it for seller protection...it will always be expensive. Last time I made an international quote, it was $92 for just shipping to Romania - for a 5 ounce boost solenoid! Ebay is about the cheapest you'll find on the internet, so your only other bet is to find someone local.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HiProfile
Last 2 times I shipped international, 5 day shipping took 5 weeks. Motherf'ing customs in other countries, especially middle-east countries, can be a nightmare and something the seller can't control. If they use USPS, then it's up to the receiving country's good/bad postal service to get it to you.

Given you only get a tracking number with the costly shipping options, and that paypal basicly requires it for seller protection...it will always be expensive. Last time I made an international quote, it was $92 for just shipping to Romania - for a 5 ounce boost solenoid! Ebay is about the cheapest you'll find on the internet, so your only other bet is to find someone local.
actualy, the israely mail services are very orginized, i personally never had any issues with them, customs too,

you probably tryed to send the solenoid by usps express, becuase shipping a blow off valve to israel hks ssqv for example (with box) cost only $36 by usps priority, (i know this because i buy alot of bovs on ebay from all around the US and sell them in israel.)
Old 05-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

USPS is cheap as hell because they basicly hand it off to the local postal service. That is also why they do not offer any tracking for any international packages. The fact remains that postal theft is higher than you think in every country. Almost every country will x-ray boxes, and it just takes one greedy x-ray tech who's into cars to ruin your day.

The expensive stuff I mentioned is the CHEAPEST services for UPS and FedEx. They offer full tracking, since they are carry it from my door to your door - no hand-offs or outsourcing. Off the top of my head it was $74 fedex to London, $17 for USPS. $83 to Norway UPS, $19ish USPS. 3 weeks total for Norway, and 5 weeks to London. Both also have well organized postal services, supposedly.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HiProfile
USPS is cheap as hell because they basicly hand it off to the local postal service. That is also why they do not offer any tracking for any international packages. The fact remains that postal theft is higher than you think in every country. Almost every country will x-ray boxes, and it just takes one greedy x-ray tech who's into cars to ruin your day.

The expensive stuff I mentioned is the CHEAPEST services for UPS and FedEx. They offer full tracking, since they are carry it from my door to your door - no hand-offs or outsourcing. Off the top of my head it was $74 fedex to London, $17 for USPS. $83 to Norway UPS, $19ish USPS. 3 weeks total for Norway, and 5 weeks to London. Both also have well organized postal services, supposedly.
i think you were mistaken, usps has tracking number i know that because all my packages are tracked.
priority AND express,