Notices

Where to "T" oil feed off my BLOCK, not firewall, any pics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to "T" oil feed off my BLOCK, not firewall, any pics?

I want to know where can I put my T on the engine BLOCK, not firewall for the oil feed setup. I don't trust the flexing of the engine, might break off fittings.

ALso does anyone know where i can get banjo fittings for -3an line size INTERNAL diameter, i keep finding banjo fitting for only "3 an" size which is actually 2/16" internal diamteter, which is a bit smaller than my 3/16" needed.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to "T" oil feed off my BLOCK, not firewall, any pics? (reignofchaos)

tap into the oil pressure sensor on the back of your block next to your oil filter. flamenco-t has a great feed setup for a good price. check him out
Old 08-03-2003, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Where to "T" oil feed off my BLOCK, not firewall, any pics? (reignofchaos)

i don't understand what your saying by putting the tee on the block but then saying u don't trust the flexing of the engine? the weight of the tee screwed into the stock pressure sender is usually what causes cracking of the fitting or block. if you run a line from the sender to the tee and mount the tee on the firewall, the fitting won't break off unless your not leaving any slack in the oil line. i find putting the tee on the firewall also makes it easier to attach all the other lines to it without getting under the car.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Where to "T" oil feed off my BLOCK, not firewall, any pics? (Pengo)

no, i meant i put the bsp to npt fitting the oil sender near the oil filter, then run a line up to near the valve cover area, and put my "T" there, not on the firewall.. do you get what i'm saying now?
Old 08-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to "T" oil feed off my BLOCK, not firewall, any pics? (Pengo)

For the most part, the weight of the tee is not the only factor, the main factor is the fact that all Street TEE uses 1/8" NPT threads, while the back of our block uses 1/8" BSPT thread, a difference in 1 thread per inch. This causes de-threading and it may cause cracking which leads to leaking and the tee falls off the block.

My oil feed line kit uses 1/8 BSPT to 1/8" NPT adapter for the back of the block, therefore, ELIMINATE the chance of leaking and cracking due to the difference in threads.

Tee silver aluminum fitting between the tee and the block is the adapter.

they look like this,

stan
Old 08-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reignofchaos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want to know where can I put my T on the engine BLOCK, not firewall for the oil feed setup. I don't trust the flexing of the engine, might break off fittings.

ALso does anyone know where i can get banjo fittings for -3an line size INTERNAL diameter, i keep finding banjo fitting for only "3 an" size which is actually 2/16" internal diamteter, which is a bit smaller than my 3/16" needed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you already have a -3AN lines, I can get you a fitting for the turbo to the -3AN line. I have all fittings for all different kind of turbo, from garret, greddy, mitsu, IHI, KKK and etc.

stan
Old 08-03-2003, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Where to "T" oil feed off my BLOCK, not firewall, any pics? (Flamenco-T)

i need a banjo fitting on ihi rhb5 (0.425" HEIGHT and 10mm or 3/8" diameter hole)that can go into NPT or AN fitting on my line.

also material must be aluminum or ss and is swivelable? i dunno about that though

Flamingo, i understand what you said but i think you don't get what i said.

I want to add a "T" near my VALVE COVER or TIMING BELT area so that's where my oil press gauge sender will go. I won't even add a "T" onto the BLOCK NEAR THE OIL FILTER, i'll just use the BSP to NPT and then to my -3an line and that's it, run that line to my VALVE COVER and "T" it there...
Old 08-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reignofchaos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i need a banjo fitting on ihi rhb5 (0.425" HEIGHT and 10mm or 3/8" diameter hole)that can go into NPT or AN fitting on my line.

also material must be aluminum or ss and is swivelable? i dunno about that though

Flamingo, i understand what you said but i think you don't get what i said.

I want to add a "T" near my VALVE COVER or TIMING BELT area so that's where my oil press gauge sender will go. I won't even add a "T" onto the BLOCK NEAR THE OIL FILTER, i'll just use the BSP to NPT and then to my -3an line and that's it, run that line to my VALVE COVER and "T" it there...</TD></TR></TABLE>

sure, then you can tee it off liek this near the valve cover or T-belt area.

One nipple goes to the line to the block, and the other goes to your turbo.
I can make and sell what ever setup you need, just tell me how long of line you need from the block to the Tee location, and from tee to the turbo

stan
Old 08-03-2003, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Where to "T" oil feed off my BLOCK, not firewall, any pics? (Flamenco-T)

can you do oil return as well? so this is better than ordering from those companies? cheaper?
Old 08-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes, I cna do oil return setup as well. I have sold hundreds of oil line kits here to honda-tech community. Check your IM

stan
Old 08-03-2003, 10:24 PM

i just tapped the pressure sender hole so that i wouldnt need any adapter. everything fit in and sealed like a dime