Notices

When Do we stop does it go on forever?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 08:26 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When Do we stop does it go on forever?

I know we all have goals. Quikb18b has a signature "turbo isn't a bolt on it's a life style". But when do we stop. After we reach our goals, do we shoot higher and spend more money or save it, and prepare for the future and make our grandchildrens...children rich. Making a legacy. Or just jelping out people. All that money could be given to a Nice charity or somthing. Just a thought.

I hope to reach my goal this weekend. After that, I wont hesitate to sell everything maybe i just lose intrest fast. Or I just like to try new things. Just wanted to know Am I the only one that feels this way. I really want to try the Bike world now.

Ant
Old 10-21-2003, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: When Do we stop does it go on forever? (HybridcivicLS-T)

Keep dumping money in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:43 AM

only stop when the money runs out.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:49 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: (Turbo E)

Nice avatar.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HybridcivicLS-T)

Just raise your goals to a reachable level...

My goal this year although barely met left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I know I could have gone faster with my setup this year than I did. But there is always next year, and next year I *WILL* make 10 second 1/4 mile passes.

I don't tell myself I can reach the goals I want with my car, I tell myself I will reach the goals I want to reach. It may sound as coming off cocky but it seems to work so far.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:58 AM

Default Re: (integra_gsr98)

it seems the only thing stopping people from spending there money in this hobby is
A. they get their **** jacked and dont want any paty of it anymore, but some still do it anyway
or
B. they run out of money, but as soon as money is flowing again it goes back in the car, i worked full time all this summer and have no money in the bank, my cars broke, and i bought a hatch so i could take my time fixing the coupe , so yeah it worries me i may never stop haha
Old 10-21-2003, 09:00 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

So after that 10 what are you gonna do? 9's...8's...
Old 10-21-2003, 09:03 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: (vha27)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vha27 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it seems the only thing stopping people from spending there money in this hobby is
A. they get their **** jacked and dont want any paty of it anymore, but some still do it anyway
or
B. they run out of money, but as soon as money is flowing again it goes back in the car, i worked full time all this summer and have no money in the bank, my cars broke, and i bought a hatch so i could take my time fixing the coupe , so yeah it worries me i may never stop haha </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think there could be a
C: as well.......just a change. Money isn't the issue for me I don't have money right now, but that becuase of a stupid cell phone, not turbo. Maybe Im having a crazy day
Old 10-21-2003, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra_gsr98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just raise your goals to a reachable level...

My goal this year although barely met left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I know I could have gone faster with my setup this year than I did. But there is always next year, and next year I *WILL* make 10 second 1/4 mile passes.

I don't tell myself I can reach the goals I want with my car, I tell myself I will reach the goals I want to reach. It may sound as coming off cocky but it seems to work so far. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree with you, ive set some goals myself this past summer and achieved most of them. i know i will continue to dump money into my car but the enjoyment i get out of it is well worth the price if u ask me. in all honesty my car has helped me through some tough times, just helps get the mind of things by messin with it or installin a new part. my goals are definitely less substantial as you all but my next goal is to be boosted by the end of next spring if funds are available..

but i just wish i was as motivated towards other things in life as i am with my car.........
Old 10-21-2003, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know we all have goals. Quikb18b has a signature "turbo isn't a bolt on it's a life style". But when do we stop. After we reach our goals, do we shoot higher and spend more money or save it, and prepare for the future and make our grandchildrens...children rich. Making a legacy. Or just jelping out people. All that money could be given to a Nice charity or somthing. Just a thought.

I hope to reach my goal this weekend. After that, I wont hesitate to sell everything maybe i just lose intrest fast. Or I just like to try new things. Just wanted to know Am I the only one that feels this way. I really want to try the Bike world now.

Ant
</TD></TR></TABLE>

my goal is to take my honda where no honda has gone before..space...to bad i got rid of my type r wing.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:11 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: When Do we stop does it go on forever? (espanol)

that's a good goal. I hope you make it there. I bet i can beat you.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's a good goal. I hope you make it there. I bet i can beat you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you can't beat me then just join me.. E.S.P.

Espanol Space Program!! launching beaters into space!
Old 10-21-2003, 09:20 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Thats the only reason i do what i do... Personal Goals..
I wa slucky enough to reach 2 of my 3 personal goals this year. and i think i can get there next time out. My first goal was 10.999. Second goal was 140mph. Third goal is 10.25 and/or 145
Old 10-21-2003, 09:21 AM

No reason to build it spend the time and $ and then give up when your done. only applies to women j/k It's fine if you want to move on to different things, just make your acclomplishments worthwhile
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espanol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you can't beat me then just join me.. E.S.P.

Espanol Space Program!! launching beaters into space! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Man you crack me up. and make me laugh.

well for some people like me when u just get out of a three year relationship/ and ur leg being fucked up because of a drunk driver and never will walk normal or have a normal life again... and really depressed over it.. my car is there for me so i spoil her plus whenever im workin on my car i dont think bout things.. my mind goes to a better place knowing what im doin to my car is makin it faster/nicer.. i rather spend my money on my car than some stupid BITCH!!! yeah im pretty bitter bout life right now.. but when i look at my car it always puts a smile on my face. just my thoughts on this topic hope i make sense
Old 10-21-2003, 09:24 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: When Do we stop does it go on forever? (quikB18B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikB18B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No reason to build it spend the time and $ and then give up when your done. only applies to women j/k It's fine if you want to move on to different things, just make your acclomplishments worthwhile </TD></TR></TABLE>

That sounds like that makes since to me. After a while it gets boring. I don't drive my car hard everyday...well. it depnds. Last night i saw a WS6 and I just ignored him. It's only fun when you reach your goals.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Man you crack me up. and make me laugh.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's what i'm here for!

Old 10-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: When Do we stop does it go on forever? (egturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well for some people like me when u just get out of a three year relationship/ and ur leg being fucked up because of a drunk driver and never will walk normal or have a normal life again... and really depressed over it.. my car is there for me so i spoil her plus whenever im workin on my car i dont think bout things.. my mind goes to a better place knowing what im doin to my car is makin it faster/nicer.. i rather spend my money on my car than some stupid BITCH!!! yeah im pretty bitter bout life right now.. but when i look at my car it always puts a smile on my face. just my thoughts on this topic hope i make sense </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn man..your going to make me cry..at least you've got that car to make you happy1
Old 10-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HybridcivicLS-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So after that 10 what are you gonna do? 9's...8's...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Goals are as follows, very similar to Ron's...:

1) 10.999999999 or faster
2) 140 mph
3) 10.50s orfaster
4) 145 mph

and my goal I never accomplished this year.

5) 15.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile @ 125 mph (I will get that one damnit!)
Old 10-21-2003, 09:33 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: When Do we stop does it go on forever? (egturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well for some people like me when u just get out of a three year relationship/ and ur leg being fucked up because of a drunk driver and never will walk normal or have a normal life again... and really depressed over it.. my car is there for me so i spoil her plus whenever im workin on my car i dont think bout things.. my mind goes to a better place knowing what im doin to my car is makin it faster/nicer.. i rather spend my money on my car than some stupid BITCH!!! yeah im pretty bitter bout life right now.. but when i look at my car it always puts a smile on my face. just my thoughts on this topic hope i make sense </TD></TR></TABLE>

It makes complete since. That's why i posted this topic just to see ow others felt. I remember when i wasn't turboed, i was not happy, now Im turboed, it's fun but.....what else is there. I can't live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.........Hay wasn't that from a movie?
Old 10-21-2003, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It makes complete since. That's why i posted this topic just to see ow others felt. I remember when i wasn't turboed, i was not happy, now Im turboed, it's fun but.....what else is there. I can't live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.........Hay wasn't that from a movie? </TD></TR></TABLE>

have a kid and buy some ninja turtles!...
Old 10-21-2003, 09:43 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espanol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

have a kid and buy some ninja turtles!...</TD></TR></TABLE>

That would be money well spent.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:44 AM

After Three years of being interested in moding cars, I would have to say that to most car guys their cars will never be done in their eyes. There needs to be more power, more grip, stiffer springs, the car needs to be lighter, more dependable, etc. The point is for most people they will never find what is "enough" for them. So to answer the question I believe for many people myself included it is a life long hobby and is that so bad?

Jake d.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: When Do we stop does it go on forever? (BlackKnight7)

I want to run a 13.8 on street tires @ 10 psi with less than $1500 in mods.

And I can do it too, just like others have. Maybe mid-low 13's on slicks? We'll see, but there's other priorities in my life (other than a car) so I don't really care right now.

Quick Reply: When Do we stop does it go on forever?