Notices

what mod for mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what mod for mustang

ok guy's what mod should i do next p&p intake or mass air meter . and what gain can i get. HELP my mod's are cold air, under pully's custom super chip aluminum driveshaft mac x pipe flow master's king cobra clucth and fly wheel 3.73 gear's :
Old 06-16-2003, 07:15 PM

Default Re: what mod for mustang (Black-Stang)

uhhhhhhh this is Honda tech, come back when you have a smaller motor
Old 06-16-2003, 07:29 PM

Default Re: what mod for mustang (94dxt)

hey i just asked for help man i have a honda accord to but i love muscle cars. smaller engine ok. honda engines are geting bigger not smaller every 4 years they do there car's over from 1.6 to 1.8 in gsr and so on thank you
Old 06-16-2003, 08:07 PM

You might want to try other sites because very few people will have mustang experiences.

You might want to try http://www.superstallions.com for all your mustang questions. They are very cool people on that board as well as fast stangs.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:10 PM

short shifter? Something like a tri-ax ( i think that's what they're called)

Save your money for a blower
Old 06-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: what mod for mustang (bryan305)

Screw a blower, they are gay. Get a turbo kit http://www.proturbokits.com

art
Old 06-16-2003, 10:02 PM

Default Re: what mod for mustang (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Screw a blower, they are gay. Get a turbo kit http://www.proturbokits.com

art</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry but I have to disagree here.
Sc for v-8's is the way to go. A sc to a v-8 is like a turbo to a 4-cylinder.
Esp when we're talking about engines with 6k rpm redlines, blowers are the way to go, not to mention cheaper to fabricate a kit (to my knowledge).
Nothing like 400whp of tire shredding power at 3krpm ....and enough torque to rip the front wheels off our car (ok maybe not that much but lots if you get my drift)...
Old 06-16-2003, 10:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Screw a blower, they are gay. Get a turbo kit http://www.proturbokits.com

art</TD></TR></TABLE>

good god look at the power they put out Can you make the same amount of power on a blower w/ v8's as turbo???
Old 06-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: what mod for mustang (b16ahybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm sorry but I have to disagree here.
Sc for v-8's is the way to go. A sc to a v-8 is like a turbo to a 4-cylinder.
Esp when we're talking about engines with 6k rpm redlines, blowers are the way to go, not to mention cheaper to fabricate a kit (to my knowledge).
Nothing like 400whp of tire shredding power at 3krpm ....and enough torque to rip the front wheels off our car (ok maybe not that much but lots if you get my drift)...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Typical domestic thinking at it's finest... ^^^

A properly setup turbo will be much faster at the same boost as a supercharger. Turbos are way more efficient and don't take power to make power. You don't see many turbo v8's, but when you do, notice the numbers they make!
Old 06-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: what mod for mustang (b16ahybrid)

What is this, 1985? do you still run carbs too?

art
Old 06-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** that! its all about about a 2spd. powerglide and big *** stall converter. Some 10" wide slicks on the back and a 300shot, maybe heads/cam. GAME OVER!

but yeh. for all the V8 Stupid Charger fans. Ever heard of Dwayne "big daddy" Guthridge? quickest and fastest street tire Mustang. guess what he runs? a Big *** turbo! The SC guys can't even compete with him.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:16 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: what mod for mustang (DIRep)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** that! its all about about a 2spd. powerglide and big *** stall converter. Some 10" wide slicks on the back and a 300shot, maybe heads/cam. GAME OVER! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Thats it chris!! You are not going to FunFord with me this year!!

art
Old 06-16-2003, 11:25 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Thats it chris!! You are not going to FunFord with me this year!!

art</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL. V8's just have so many ways to go fast. I thought id throw another option in there. but really. heads/cam/bottle v8's w/ stall/slicks are nothing to **** around with from a dead stop. almost unbeatable on the street.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Better than steak

<FONT SIZE="5">Say Hello to Mr. Turbo Stang! </FONT>

And a video of the car:
http://www.theclashofthetitans...2.mpg
Old 06-16-2003, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, i was expecting to see a big rip thread about mustangs. im glad to see most of us have grown up. yea, i would deffinately turbo a mustang. look at all the other v motors with forced induction, typhoon-turbo, cyclone-turbo, grand national-turbo, semis-turbo. the only time i would use a supercharger is when u have so much power to begin with, that adding a supercharger wont rob u of too much power.
Remember, your average 5.0L mustang only has like 205hp, not a very good candidate for a supercharger.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:37 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: what mod for mustang (hybridb18)

I have alot of friends that race Mustangs professionaly, like Sports man of the year(2002) chip haveman. He is a good friend and mentor and value his opinion on racing. I am glad that Precision Turbo has sponsored a person like Chip because he is one of the best people to meet. He wrecked his car earlier this year but is soon to return soon. He hasnt been racing much this year because his wife Vivian(owner of http://www.stanggear.com) is expecting their 1st child together.

To my buddy Chip Haveman.

art
Old 06-17-2003, 01:00 AM

i dunno, but dont race my geo whatever you do.... hehehe

http://www.slugbitchracing.com
Old 06-17-2003, 01:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what mod for mustang (lazerus)

turbo mustangs kick ***!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what mod for mustang (SiRkid)

Turbo chargers are sweet on Mustangs, but Superchargers rocks aswell. I hang out at Da silva performance down here with Joe Silva. I grew up with him. He got a 6.5 @ 218mph turbo Mustang. My brother has a Stang that is Supercharged and totally street legal. Turbo to superchargers on these cars are not much different hp wise with the V8's. There are 6.6 @ 215mph Pro 5.0 cars aswell running serious Superchargers. My brother has 2 Mustangs. One is his daily driver (97SVTSupercharged 4.6) which puts out 450whp at 8psi at 380ft torque(Vortech Strim blower). The other one is his 89LX coupe with a 351 supercharged stock ecu (660whp at 611ft torque untuned, now makes 705whp @ 725ft torque tuned) at 18psi on a Vortech T trim blower. Not saying turbo isn't a better more driveable setup, but hp wise with these motors the differnce is not huge as people may think. We have been running 5.0L Mustangs in 89 where Joe Silva had a 13.0 Mustang. Stock 5.0L motors with Superchargers on them make big hp numbers. My brothers SVT is one example. Completely stock untouched motor with a blower and full exhaust making 450whp on pump gas.

Modified by MIKES at 11:48 AM 6/17/2003
Old 06-17-2003, 06:25 AM

Black Stang,
You may want to talk to ELD Performance in Crofton. MD. Ask for Brian Bossone. Heffner's Performance in Baltimore is also a good place to visit. Ask for Jason. These guys know blowers, turbos and nitrous inside out and can help you.

Rod Short
Sales Manager
Precision Turbo
Old 06-17-2003, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dwayne's car hauls ***. job tunes that, i believe.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ah yes ... Nothing like a turbo on a Mustang. I had allot of fun at NMRA.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/alp...iew=t
Old 06-17-2003, 11:42 AM

Default Re: what mod for mustang (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Typical domestic thinking at it's finest... ^^^

A properly setup turbo will be much faster at the same boost as a supercharger. Turbos are way more efficient and don't take power to make power. You don't see many turbo v8's, but when you do, notice the numbers they make! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep sure is huh.
Wow just because i have a difference of oppinion I'm a typical domestic guy, hmm thats brilliant. I never said anything about turbo's sucking, or not making much power, both methods of forced induction are great but I prefer a sc over a turbo (the great thing is thats MY OPPINION) thats why it's call an oppinion.
I'm familiar with both, 96 gt runing 18psi with a turbo, and several sc'd 5.0's and a few 4.6's....Sure the turbo mustang is the fastest but thats because he's runing a lot more boost. reguardless....we all have a difference of oppinion no flaming needed.........typical ignorant remark
Old 06-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

art</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Screw a blower, they are gay. Get a turbo kit http://www.proturbokits.com

art</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn art this website is tite as hell **** i am going mustang these kits a 5psi are putting down massive power
Old 06-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what mod for mustang (b18bturbo)

that video is crazy..

Quick Reply: what mod for mustang