Notices

what else for the greddy kit

Old 02-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what else for the greddy kit

Ok i got my used greddy kit a month ago. i just got the turbo back from being rebuilt. the kit came with the IC as well. My question is what hoses and vac lines(sizes, part #) do i need since the kit didnt come with any. and what do i tap my oil pan with.

Also the dp is dented pretty bad and i wouldnt mind a bigger one. is there a dp that would eliminate that big cast iron part that the wastegate dumps to and then the dp connect to.

also i was planning on a boost and egt gauge, is that all i need? is egt recommended with just a greddy kit?

thanks for your time.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what else for the greddy kit (kabaroo)

woot
Old 02-24-2004, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kabaroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok i got my used greddy kit a month ago. i just got the turbo back from being rebuilt. the kit came with the IC as well. My question is what hoses and vac lines(sizes, part #) do i need since the kit didnt come with any.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same sice vacuume lines that are on the car now, You will need a few feet of vacuum hose for the wastegate (unless it's hooked to the compressor) and enough for oil return (larger diameter 2'' or so)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kabaroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">. and what do i tap my oil pan with. </TD></TR></TABLE>
drill, you have to remove it before you tap it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kabaroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also the dp is dented pretty bad and i wouldnt mind a bigger one. is there a dp that would eliminate that big cast iron part that the wastegate dumps to and then the dp connect to. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Check cheapturbo.com they should have what your looking for. Just remember that you'll need to get a external wastegate then

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kabaroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also i was planning on a boost and egt gauge, is that all i need? is egt recommended with just a greddy kit?

thanks for your time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd recomend those two, it's always good to keep tabs on your engine
Old 02-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what else for the greddy kit (b16ahybrid)

cool thanks, anyone else
Old 02-24-2004, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with 10 feet of vacuum line, shouldnt be to expensinve, buy a couple of t fittings for BOV Wastegate, FMU, etc,...

Everyone will tell you to go with 3 inch dp. even on such a small turbo it will help.

Remove oil pan, and drill.....but when you reinstall, make sure that there is ABSOLUTELY no matal shavings in the pan.

Gauges are Very important, I would go with EGT, yes even with a greddy kit, and I think they are alot better than a air/fuel, unless its a wideband. Boost, Oil Pressure. and IMO, electronic gauges are more accurate.

Good luck
Old 02-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kabaroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there a dp that would eliminate that big cast iron part that the wastegate dumps to and then the dp connect to.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok this is my major concern.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Check cheapturbo.com they should have what your looking for. Just remember that you'll need to get a external wastegate then
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont really follow that, how would i convert my internally gated to externally... thats besides the point. anyone know if someone makes or could custom make a dp to replace the cast iron thing described above?

Old 02-25-2004, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm