Notices

What do u guys think of my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 10:22 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do u guys think of my setup?

I am currently building a NICE Turbo block thats not in the car yet. Its seeing CP pistons, JE Block guard, Eagle rods, and balancing with new bearings and rings...

Its going to a fully race ported LS head that i used for my N/A All motor application.

Now my turbo setup (which is all purchased and ready to go) consists of

T3 Volvo Turbo
Starion Intercooler with custom end tanks
And a log style manifold with a HKS SS BOV

I was going to trade my high compression block for a STOCK ls block, so i can boost that until my real built block is done. But some were telling me i'm just wasting my old block for something thats stock.

My N/A Block consists of ARP Rod bolts, completely rebuilt, PR3 Honda b16 pistons with new rings, and stock rods.

My real question is, can I boost 5 PSI safely with a FMU and a SAFC on stock injectors? My compression is currently 10.8:1, and i will be using stock cams.. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated
Old 12-08-2003, 11:14 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: What do u guys think of my setup? (VNTEC)

Old 12-09-2003, 06:24 AM
B A N N E D

Any input guys?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:31 AM

OK, you are going to spend all that money building you motor and run junkyard turbo setup

WHY?
Old 12-09-2003, 03:23 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: What do u guys think of my setup? (XratedSi)

It's not necessarily a junk yard set up.. well okay maybe it is, but the only restriction i can really see is my turbine, which i would be upgrading possibly to a Precision turbine or a T3/T4 hybrid
Old 12-09-2003, 03:33 PM

Default Re: What do u guys think of my setup? (XratedSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XratedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK, you are going to spend all that money building you motor and run junkyard turbo setup

WHY?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-09-2003, 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=VNTEC]I am currently building a NICE Turbo block thats not in the car yet. Its seeing CP pistons, JE Block guard, Eagle rods, and balancing with new bearings and rings...

Dump the Eagle rods and go for a nice set of crower econo rods or billet if u got the loot...def worth it

NOT TO PUT U DOWN OR ANYTHING but ur set up looks like **** ur intercooler piping looks like u used pieces laying around ur house...but hey one mans trash is another mans treasure...i wish u the best of luck with ur setup and who knows maybe u will do better then we think

Modified by MONTCOSi at 1:24 AM 12/10/2003
Old 12-09-2003, 04:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VNTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am currently building a NICE Turbo block thats not in the car yet. Its seeing CP pistons, JE Block guard, Eagle rods, and balancing with new bearings and rings...

T3 Volvo Turbo
Starion Intercooler with custom end tanks
And a log style manifold with a HKS SS BOV

My real question is, can I boost 5 PSI safely with a FMU and a SAFC on stock injectors? </TD></TR></TABLE>

To sum it up your building your motor, only to run a junkyard turbo setup, and your asking us about fmu/afc hack

Why build the motor for 5 psi? why build the motor to not get 100% out of it, do some more search not to be a dick but so far your setup is a big waste of money .
Old 12-09-2003, 05:14 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: What do u guys think of my setup? (quikB18B)

Well maybe u guys are misunderstanding me, i'm not 100% done with the set up, i came really close to just swapping my All motor block with a stock LS block so i can boost in the mean time. I'm almost done with my built block for boost but just waiting on some extra $ to complete the set up (Hondata, I'm gonna toss the FMU for sure with my new set up, and 450cc injectors)

No way am i intending on boosting like this for my new block, (meaning the ghetto fuel management), but i was just wondering if something like that would work for the mean time in my all motor block. Oh well, after some research, it seems that i could boost my motor the way it is but imma just wait until everythings done, and yeah my piping is ghetto but it works, piping is piping lol.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:16 PM
B A N N E D

Oh yeah, i think theres a misconception about my set up also, i'm not gonna boost my built block 5psi, its gonna see a lot more, i'm talking about just boosting my 10.8:1 Compression block in the mean time, i wanted to see if it was safe or not, i would think it would be as safe as running an ITR with boost (because of the high compression ratio and stock internals) and i am basically running stock internals also because the Pr3 pistons allow me to achieve the 10.8 compression, u guys get my drift?
Old 12-09-2003, 07:06 PM

Why not boost it? You were willing to trade it off for a stock block, so if it blows up, no big deal right? I personally don't like the FMU, but many people have used it successfully. It all depends on when your other block will be done though. Might be best to just hold on and install it all once, not twice.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
ek9vboi

im confused. some1 sumn it up plz...slow people read too.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:25 PM

Heheh, summary:

block #1 is being built.
block #2 was built for N/A with higher compression.

When block #1 is done, he will put the head from Block #2 on it... but meanwhile wants to boost block #2 at 5 psi with FMU.

That's how I read it.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:34 PM

Default Re: What do u guys think of my setup? (Crazy Cooter)

just save your money and do it the RIGHT way, ONE time, and you will have no regrets or problems... Build it right and get hondata, then tune it
Old 12-09-2003, 07:47 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: What do u guys think of my setup? (Derek14)

Thanks guys, the last 3 replies were really helpful, thanks guys!

Btw, is it worth doing the change from obd0-obd1? Besides the obvious facts that u can run hondata with it.

One more thing. so now that it has been brought to my attention, do you guys really think my turbo is poo? What turbine do u guys suggest running? I really might get my block sent off to DARTON soon... to get it sleeved.

I also will be upgrading my starion pretty soon, i really dont see whats the big deal with my "Intake" piping lol
Old 12-09-2003, 07:49 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: What do u guys think of my setup? (Crazy Cooter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crazy Cooter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heheh, summary:

block #1 is being built.
block #2 was built for N/A with higher compression.

When block #1 is done, he will put the head from Block #2 on it... but meanwhile wants to boost block #2 at 5 psi with FMU.

That's how I read it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for clearing it up and making it simple
Old 12-09-2003, 08:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VNTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks guys, the last 3 replies were really helpful, thanks guys! </TD></TR></TABLE>

ummmm the last three posts were:
1) someone was confused about your topic
2) someone just summarized what you were asking about
3) someone told you not to waste your money on a JUNKYARD setup

and tell us how these last posts helped, please.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:43 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: What do u guys think of my setup? (aaaallll04)

Well my bad, its just the last few posts they were actually giving me real advice to what i should do, and one guy summarized it for me which helped me too, well geez i dont think it matters that much lol, just forget it