Notices

What components for a FI engine buildup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What components for a FI engine buildup?

I just need to know what I should be looking for...not specific brands or whatever, just parts.

The engine: B18C1
The setup: T04E turbo, Spearco intercooler, Turbonetics Wastegate, HKS bov, dp, carsounds cat, apex'i cat-back, ACT clutch, Toda flywheel, Skunk2 intake manifold, Hondata S200, AEM high performance fuel filter, 440cc injectors

This is how my engine is going to be by spring. I'm getting the Hondata professionally tuned by Payne. I will be running about 7-8psi on the stock internals. I have researched and asked my turbo Honda friends and they tell me that I will be fine. During the summer I plan to buy some more things to complete the setup, including an LSD, Profec B, and some upgraded brakes. During the winter I want to build up the engine a bit so I can run about 10-12psi on a "high" setting. I know I will probably need forged pistons and rods. I'm not sure what else to get though - like cams? cam gears? sleeves (where do you find those?)?
What else? Maybe a fuel pump? I don't need to have a HUGE setup, as this car is my DD also. I just want the ability to turn up the boost a bit if I want, but to still have the car relatively reliable.

Just some suggestions/comments on the setup would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Tyler
Old 02-10-2004, 03:32 PM

are you asking what else you need for the build? im kind of confused. The Hondata will need to have boost option i think you just forgot to say it had it.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:36 PM

Default Re: (stinger)

You dont have to sleeve the motor it would be safer too Darton, or Golden Eagle are both good companies to do it for you. Forged pistons and rods yes. Pistons there are many choices I.E. JE, Weisco(sp?), Arias etc. Rods need forged also to run more boost. Youll also want to proably build the valve train to handle the extra power your throwin at it.... and a clutch if you dont already have a strong one. I know im missin somethen but that was a quick run down for ya.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:35 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

When it comes the the cams, no worries, the GS-R Cams should work just fine for your setup. You may want to consider larger injectors and even datalogging if possible to know what you'll be at during the tune