Notices

Water Cooled Turbo's.....?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Cooled Turbo's.....?

OK on some of the Junkyard setups Ive used Watercooled Turbos and not used the Coolant and it seemed to be ok.

Now i have this expensive turbo that Im about to use and its Water cooled, but I wanna see what some of you think about not using the lines.

From what ive known, the coolant sections on these "Wet" Turbos are used to provide added reliabilty to factory mass-produced cars to insure ******** that dont change the the oil regularly and dog the **** out of the cars wont destroy the turbo.
So Given you change the oil, take care of the setup i dont see the problem with not using them. Everything is sealed from the coolant passages to the Cartridge.
This is a typical generic *** t3/t4 with coolant passages as well as oil. Its identical to all the other generic *** turbos except for the Coolant.
So its not like this thing is a special turbo that needs the added cooling.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Trial User

YOu dont have to run water cooling if you dont want.
Is that what your asking?

Granted, it may keep the temps a little cooler, I dont know the specifics.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Water Cooled Turbo's.....? (tHIS oNE)

i made a similar post earlier and you are correct, the water cooling part of the turbo is for the dumbasses who do not take car of their cars, it can run just on the oil like any other turbo but, for safety precautions i would hook up the coolant lines, just splice it into the line that goes to ur throtle body and then ur done not so bad
Old 01-13-2004, 08:19 PM

Default Re: (psi420)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by psi420 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOu dont have to run water cooling if you dont want.
Is that what your asking?

Granted, it may keep the temps a little cooler, I dont know the specifics.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea i just wanna make sure im not completly destroying these things
Old 01-13-2004, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Water Cooled Turbo's.....? (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i made a similar post earlier and you are correct, the water cooling part of the turbo is for the dumbasses who do not take car of their cars, it can run just on the oil like any other turbo but, for safety precautions i would hook up the coolant lines, just splice it into the line that goes to ur throtle body and then ur done not so bad </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea Im not worried about doing it, i just hate the complexity of lines running there
Old 01-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Water Cooled Turbo's.....? (tHIS oNE)

it really isn't that hard at all just need some hose there is a line going to the trottle body take that one out and put it to the turbo and then from the turbo to the t/b and then the normal return line will stay put voila ur done it take around 10 minutes to do just get those litle clamps for the connections