Old 09-28-2015, 11:44 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the greddy
Old 09-28-2015, 11:46 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Wastegate dilemma noob

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I was able to find a website that sold it separately. Long gone now. that was 4 years ago.
Cool!! With some good porting and a little work, even more cool... . Sorry I never got a chance to use those. Perhaps another lifetime..

Edlebrock did justice to those kits. I never know how well they took off for the D-series guys. But they put their back into it, that's for sure.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Dirt cheap too. $100 IIRC. I miss that setup.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Dirt cheap too. $100 IIRC. I miss that setup.
Good find on that manifold
Old 09-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just throwing something into the mix. Not trying to knock a tried and true piece of equipment. The issue with waste gate placement really comes into play when you have an over sized turbo or something like boost by gear. If you're not dumping a ton of boost, it shouldn't be an issue. Correct?
Old 09-28-2015, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Freemananana
I was just throwing something into the mix. Not trying to knock a tried and true piece of equipment. The issue with waste gate placement really comes into play when you have an over sized turbo or something like boost by gear. If you're not dumping a ton of boost, it shouldn't be an issue. Correct?
For the most part part, yes
Old 09-28-2015, 10:30 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 98vtec
I literally just choked... On ice cream lol

This place hasn't been a TECH forum for many many years.
I'm working on changing that very soon. I've been creating/compiling tech articles of various kinds in an effort to un-**** this place.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:34 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Yea I found a few site that sold the Edelbrock turbo manifolds separately like 2 years ago. I can find those sites anymore though. While the Greddy manifold is a solid piece and could easily get you into the 400s with the right GT/GTX T25 flanged turbocharger it's a bit restrictive. Porting it like I'm doing to mine will help but the Edelbrock mani flows considerably better.

I wish I could find an Edelbrock B turbo manifold. I'd buy it and sit on it for a rainy day/just because like I'm doing with my Greddy. Granted I think I'm selling the Greddy.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:07 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wantboost
I literally just choked... On ice cream lol

I'm working on changing that very soon. I've been creating/compiling tech articles of various kinds in an effort to un-**** this place.
The only way to change is to change the mindset of the current generation in development. Spending a bunch of time on articles they aren't going to read may help the few that already are in the right mindset but most people just want to be given answers and be able to press an easy button that is cheap to get the end result

Kind of like the whole argument on making the world a better place to live. It's never going to get any better unless the people living in it want to change for the better. Doesn't matter who is in office, what laws are made, what handouts are given.....if the mindset to be a better person isn't in the mass community, it will never change.

Sorry, won't rant.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alot of good stuff here guys. Thank you. I guess I have to fight through the **** to get to the good just like everything else in life! I got what I got and have a vision for the car. Sure everyone's vision may not be the same but I'll do what I can to get there. I have only had the car for 2 weeks. I haven't even got the title back in the mail yet. Now I have a plan for the entire car not just the wastegate fire ring.
Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:30 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

True. However I'm hoping that the broad topic spectrum and varying degrees of tech "complexity" in each article will encourage productive and educational conversation. Call it a social experiment of sorts.

My hope is that if we can get enough people discussing relevant topics with relevant an contributory information that it will have a trickle down effect on other threads and users.

It's kind of hard to expect everyone to talk tech if no one goes first.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:29 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Not being negative, but it probably won't happen. You have no idea how many people I have had PM me when I posted the LMA comparison test... They would ask me questions that could have easily been answered by reading the thread or looking at the charts. Same with the wheel bearing write-up years ago. People are typically lazy, and if it wasn't for the people that genuinely want to help others... I don't even want to think about what this world would be like.

I am all for sharing, but as of late, I question why I am still even on here anymore. Just like when I got burned out around 2010 - 2011...
Old 09-29-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by OneBadTurboCRV
I am all for sharing, but as of late, I question why I am still even on here anymore. Just like when I got burned out around 2010 - 2011...
It's due to frustration, and the fact that you take the feedback (or lack thereof) and let it affect you personally.. Not saying there's any way completely around it, I mean we all have a personal stake in this forum at some time or another, but it's a lot like learning to scuba dive the first time; you have to re-educate yourself on how to breathe properly..... turn something that's typically second nature to you, and re-learn that process again in a new light. It then becomes easier to deal with: If that's, in fact, what you want to do.

Trust me. It has happened to me several times.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
It's due to frustration, and the fact that you take the feedback (or lack thereof) and let it affect you personally.. Not saying there's any way completely around it, I mean we all have a personal stake in this forum at some time or another, but it's a lot like learning to scuba dive the first time; you have to re-educate yourself on how to breathe properly..... turn something that's typically second nature to you, and re-learn that process again in a new light. It then becomes easier to deal with: If that's, in fact, what you want to do.

Trust me. It has happened to me several times.

lol, I had less of an issue with learning how to scuba dive.

to top it off, I was 12.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:24 AM
moderator emeritus

It's due to frustration, and the fact that you take the feedback (or lack thereof) and let it affect you personally..
That was my problem for a long long time. It took a spiritual encounter (or a continued one) for me to realize that I don't have to be like that and that's not really the person I am.

so instead of trying to help everyone, I simply help where I think I can and everything else is squashed. getting involved in heated arguments over mute points was so agonizing.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:40 AM

That was my problem for a long long time. It took a spiritual encounter (or a continued one) for me to realize that I don't have to be like that and that's not really the person I am.

so instead of trying to help everyone, I simply help where I think I can and everything else is squashed. getting involved in heated arguments over mute points was so agonizing.
Wonderful philosophy and revelation, which is why I don't let certain people get under my skin when I know their true intent. Out of site, out of mind.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:47 AM
moderator emeritus

Wonderful philosophy and revelation, which is why I don't let certain people get under my skin when I know their true intent. Out of site, out of mind.
not saying the path I took to correct it is right for everyone (although it is intended to be) so don't take it as some religious jargon.

anyway, we are way off course lol