Notices

trying to boost my b18a1 in stock internals

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to boost my b18a1 in stock internals

Hey you guys im new here and i just bought a 1990 acura integra gs sedan and i raced my friend in a forester with a wrx engine and i was caught up with him most of the way but i want to be faster i have all stock internals and was wondering how much boost or hp can i get out from it ho it is its really healthy it gots 142xxx miles i just did a tune up so its running great .
i know the recommended like arp head studs, pistons, connecting rods, crankshaft, cam gears, valve kit but im just trying to run around 5-7 pounds of boost i know its not much and its not gonna give me much power but i also want it just to have a nice sounding blow off valve help me out and give me some advice with those goals im trying to do around 200-220 hp and i am trying to use it as a daily
Old 09-30-2015, 11:44 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: trying to boost my b18a1 in stock internals

Hello

You will probably be soon bombarded by people telling you to search and use the FAQs (found at the top of this sub forum)
They may seem mean and *******-ish, it's just that noobies come around all the time asking this very question (for many years now) and it's simply been answered many, many, many x10000 times. Nobody likes repeating themselves THAT often, right?

You should probably get a better overall understanding of turbos in general, so check out the faqs first (so many of your questions will be answered there, it's a great information resource) and then you can always google a question and add 'honda tech' to the end of the phrase or whatever so it will show you threads from this site in which people have been helped from very knowledgeable members.

After you've done this, if there is still anything you don't understand or you have a more specific question, feel free to ask anytime and we will be more than willing to help you. This question is a bit too basic to even really delve into to telling you all the answers because as I said, it's basic and has been answered many times. Plus, it wouldn't do you any good anyways because you still would need a better understanding of the topic as a whole to really dive into turboing your car, right?

Oh and welcome to honda-tech
Old 09-30-2015, 05:20 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: trying to boost my b18a1 in stock internals

https://honda-tech.com/forced-induct...2A%2A-1024174/

At least put in a modicum of effort before posting. All of the information you need can be found right there in the FAQ sticky. Also, no one here is going to support street racing dumbfuckery.