Notices

Wanted: Uberdata .bin file for H22a Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: Uberdata .bin file for H22a Turbo

Im getting tired of driving my car without boost and finally have the tools to tune it. I need a basemap either for a stock h22, or preferably an h22 turbo (7psi or so) already tuned so I don't have to start from scratch. I plan on tuning it, but since im a newbie to the tuning world I would rather start on something that runs right and just needs modified for my setup. If you need to know my setup is 18g turbo, 450cc injectors, 7 psi of boost. Any help would be appreciated...thanks
Old 08-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Wanted: Uberdata .bin file for H22a Turbo (solowerks)

oh god another one. no matter what your car has to be tuned. one map that runs well on another similar car could run like absolute **** on yours.

i can take 2 identical motors with identical setups and one map will run differently on both cars..

just make a generic basemap and then get it tuned.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanted: Uberdata .bin file for H22a Turbo (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh god another one. no matter what your car has to be tuned. one map that runs well on another similar car could run like absolute **** on yours.

i can take 2 identical motors with identical setups and one map will run differently on both cars..

just make a generic basemap and then get it tuned.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You mean to tell me that each and every new motor Honda puts in a car they tune individually? If the factory can put "generic" tunes in a car, surely someone could help this guy out.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanted: Uberdata .bin file for H22a Turbo (Specail Ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Specail Ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You mean to tell me that each and every new motor Honda puts in a car they tune individually? If the factory can put "generic" tunes in a car, surely someone could help this guy out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ever wondered why some stock cars run better then others??
Old 08-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanted: Uberdata .bin file for H22a Turbo (Jordo@KAP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ever wondered why some stock cars run better then others??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, it's called the driver. I'm sorry but if you think each car is "tuned" individually, you're mistaken. Do you realize the amount of time and money that would be involved to do something like that? Like every company in the world, car companies operate on profit. If each one of their motors are built the same, then why wouldn't one "generic tune" work for all of them? Wishful thinking, but each car doesn't get that kind of individual attention.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh god another one. no matter what your car has to be tuned. one map that runs well on another similar car could run like absolute **** on yours.

Actually it has been an on going problem finding a stock .bin for H22's, at least it was the last time I checked. John Cui made one for the Crome guys, but so far no one has a good H22 .bin for UD. I'm not talking about a basemap someone can use for a turbo setup, I'm talking about a stock H22 .bin that someone an use as a starting point for making a turbo basemap.

Now on the subject of using somebody elses basemap, it is generally not a good idea to use somebody elses tune fuel/timing maps. A basemap might be fine, but a map that has already been fine tuned by somebody else shouldn't be used. We aren't talking a stock motor out of the factory. We are talking about aftermarket turbocharged motors, where such differences such as temperatures and turbo size will have a big impact on your overall AFR's. Would the same tuned .bin for an H22 with something like an SC61 or GT35R at 10 psi work for an H22 with a smaller 18G at 10 psi? what if map on the SC61 was also made in a location that is 20-50 degrees cooler then the one with the 18G? The tuned map will have the fuel and timing tables precisely matched for the engine size, turbo size, injector size and temperature just to name a few factors.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solowerks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im getting tired of driving my car without boost and finally have the tools to tune it. I need a basemap either for a stock h22, or preferably an h22 turbo (7psi or so) already tuned so I don't have to start from scratch. I plan on tuning it, but since im a newbie to the tuning world I would rather start on something that runs right and just needs modified for my setup. If you need to know my setup is 18g turbo, 450cc injectors, 7 psi of boost. Any help would be appreciated...thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should try contacting John Cui on pgmfi.org and ask him about the Crome .bin he made for stock H22's. Or you can search around for it on pgmfi.org. Ask for his permission to port it over to UD, and ask him how you would go about doing that. I'd tell you how to do it, but I think it would be best if you asked John for permission first.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanted: Uberdata .bin file for H22a Turbo (Specail Ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Specail Ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You mean to tell me that each and every new motor Honda puts in a car they tune individually? If the factory can put "generic" tunes in a car, surely someone could help this guy out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your kidding right? I dont believe he ment n/a or even stock hondas, but turbo hondas.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man.. .that is why uberdata can import the stock P13 maps. Geez guys.

so go get the right scripts, import the P13 map, make a basemap, and off you go.

Also there are atleast 2 H22 basemaps floating around that run decent.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Also there are atleast 2 H22 basemaps floating around that run decent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that's all this guy is looking for. But apparently no basemaps are available.

Old 08-22-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man.. .that is why uberdata can import the stock P13 maps. Geez guys.

so go get the right scripts, import the P13 map, make a basemap, and off you go.

Also there are atleast 2 H22 basemaps floating around that run decent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1 . There is a list of stock .bin files on PGMFI find it and follow the Uberdata basemap guide and make your own basemap.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for telling me something I already know!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Specail Ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think that's all this guy is looking for. But apparently no basemaps are available.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is what I am looking for and have yet to find. I found a couple that were posted on the UD website that looked like ***. Im just hoping the right person stumbles across the thread.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man.. .that is why uberdata can import the stock P13 maps. Geez guys.

You say you can import the stock p13 map, but I guess I have not figured out where to get the map from. I have had little to no time lately for the research yet.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solowerks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You say you can import the stock p13 map, but I guess I have not figured out where to get the map from. I have had little to no time lately for the research yet.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its cool man. It is in the new features/test versions in uber. The import stuff works. But I can send you a file if you want.

http://uberdata.pgmfi.org/foru...=3407