Notices

Vent!

Old 12-15-2001, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent!

I know that this isn't the time/place for this, but I like it in here (FI forum) and hang out here the most, so this is where the post goes.

WTF is happening around here lately?!?!!?!?!?

Tom

Old 12-15-2001, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Vent! (Tomakit)

What do ya mean? All the fighting? No one answering your/my/our posts?
Old 12-15-2001, 09:53 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Vent! (Farnsrocket)

No he is speaking of all the BS post that have been posted lately.

Old 12-15-2001, 10:26 PM
New User

Default Re: Vent! (Arturbo)

EXACTLY!! Like for instance if you go through the threads for the past month you will find posts like "Rev hard vs drag vs the f-in world" posted in the double digits, or is crower or eagle rods good XXXX amount of times. I feel Tomakit and don't blame the venting. Oh well , doubt it's gonna stop anyhow but good to let out. Lates,

Nick
Old 12-15-2001, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No he is speaking of all the BS post that have been posted lately.
You guys aren't talking about me are you?
Old 12-15-2001, 11:27 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Vent! (BlueShadow)

Ever since purehonda got shut down we have had them post over here. Look, Im not any better than the next person, but we have expierenced people like Viren(b18bturbo), Brian(turboInteg95), Mark(MarkC), & Dustin who have been succesful with their set ups. And not one of the people have the same set up, but very similar.
We all have a brain and our brain is made to think. A lot of performance shops are out to make money, but who isnt. Any place you go to, any magazine you read is gonna tell you that you NEED this or you NEED that. Remember, magazines make money from the companys they adverstise for and they'll tell you the same thing.

My advice is learn how things work. Learn some basic math to figure out formulas that some manufactors put on their products so you dont overdrive them. Take a physics class to learn how things interact with each other. I dont claim to know it all, becasue Im still learning and I have so much to learn. But a majority of the stuff I have learned was from some of the members, on my own, and from others mistakes. I sure hope HT doesnt turn into another ClubSi...I have respect for some of the people on Club si, but not many.

art
Old 12-15-2001, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vent! (BlueShadow)

Yes some posts are not needed. . .racist,balnut,***** farts, DOHC is better than SOHC. . .I'll admit I have put my .02 into some of the threads . . .but I do see where you are coming from. . .before I even logged on here I was just reading everything here gathering info.
Now within the past two months there's alot of BS. . .it's fun to read granted. . .but. . .what can ya do?

Marc
Old 12-15-2001, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vent! (turbocoupe)

Well put Art,

Marc
Old 12-15-2001, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Art, you couldn't have said it best

I agree, i made the same post around last spring in "the other board", as it was going in this directions, and nobody seems wants to do anything about it and that board has gone worst and worst everyday....

I think we need to completely ignored the stupid dumbass Q's like which kit is better, which standalone is better, I have $ 5000 what should I do...which EBC is better...
everyone has their own opinion based on what they have, so it is very irrelevant...

And MODS, sticky archives won't help either, dumbasses will be dumbasses...so let's not waste your time on making an archives..

but, by completely ignoring these newbies, it may solve our repetitive threads, or will it not ?????

stan

PS: I was a newbie but I learned..if I ever made the stupid post here and there, i apologized...

Old 12-15-2001, 11:49 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Vent! (Flamenco-T)

Stan,
You have learned so much since I first meet you. But let me give you and example of a certain member here. His name is chris(DIRep972) and I meet him over the summer at the local street races. When I first meet him he approached me and started to talk, but I kinda felt he didnt know what he was talking about which he didnt. But being the nice guy that I am I continued to talk to him to try to help him with my experience. I have him a ride in my car, showed him how and why I did the things I did.
Well, for the past year he has learned so much on his own by reading books(maximum boost) and figureing out on his own. With the help of some people on HT and reading he has turned to a very smart individual. This kid has learned so much because he thinks for himself. Every so offten I'll give him some stuff on cool readings so he can learn and he does. I feel so proud of him because I feel like he is one of my students. LOL....The reason I admire chris so much is because he is gonna be the person in 1-5 years that is gonna be helping others long after Im old and dead. I am on old guy at 26, and I dont feel very younger as time goes by.

Also, I really hate that Viren was driven away by all the BS. If its anybody we had to look up to it was him because he has a 9 sec Civic. He will be Rookie of the year if NHRA ever gave that award. He finished 6th in points standing with not a large sponsorship. He is just a hard working guy that loves racing just like you and me. He is the kinda person that would talk to anyone at a race and isnt snobby like alot of the other racers. Like Viren put it, "people in the scene make racing no fun." Its everybody against everyone.

good god I have alot to vent....

art
Old 12-16-2001, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Art,

you know what this board's (this forum in particular) quality that I think is still stands out among others......

the love to helps others.......period.

I remember on my old post, when I had so much trouble with the FMU, bogging, running too rich and etc...
I had a lot of peoples responded to my post, I mean a lot..from dustin, art, mark, vireen...hell, I was on IM with vireen for a gazzilion times...going thru all the possibilities

My point is, as of right now, we still had a good thing going..we help each other out..always..I just hate to see that Dustin, markC, B18Bturbo, tomakit don't post here as often as it used to be....and tehy have more knowledge than anyone due to experience...

let's bring them back as they are a very valuable resources to this forum and kick this PITA stupid dumbasses Q's out of here, delete them, banned them or something...

my gosh, i need to sleep..

stan

Old 12-16-2001, 01:00 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Vent! (Flamenco-T)

I just wish people would use the search engine a lil' more often. Seeing the same crap posted over and over again is getting really stale. The head gasket argument, the which kit is better argument, Walbro vs. Bosch, SC vs Turbo, Quaife vs KAAZ.... there have been TOO DAMN MANY of these post lately. I am nowhere near being an "Old Schooler" on H-T so I only only imagine how Art, Mark and Dustin feel when it comes to regurgitated threads.
Old 12-16-2001, 04:41 AM
New User

dang i wonder if any of these new people even look through the pages of threads before they post. cuz i remember going through as many of them pages as i can before, until id fall asleep. darn, my first post was like 2 months after reading the wealth of info on this site. but now it seems to be the messiah for repeated questions, noobs who never research before they post, and sorry to say but idiots. what happened to the type of informative posts i used to see?

[Modified by 01geeser, 1:45 PM 12/16/2001]

[Modified by 01geeser, 1:45 PM 12/16/2001]
Old 12-16-2001, 06:06 AM

He is the kinda person that would talk to anyone at a race and isnt snobby like alot of the other racers.
art

It sounds like some of the people here are getting snobby. Yes, I am a newbie and I am replying to this topic because although some of the posts seem redundant, THINGS CHANGE! There are new products, info, techniques, etc. all of the time. Someone does a search and comes up with some limited info on a subject. So he posts a question, and it is read by a new EXPERIENCED member and HE gives valuable NEW information.

I don't know why some of you are being so closed minded about this, especially on a public forum. Why don't YOU start a new page and make new members fill out a questionnaire to 'qualify' for your page?

I checked out 'The Old One' message board and it seems like members have to bow down for every little 'crumb' they receive. Is this what you would like Honda-Tech to turn into? Or just a little clique of old members? Maybe you could just ignore the redundancy.

Anyway there is MY vent towards the subject...

[Modified by 1, 7:07 AM 12/16/2001]
Old 12-16-2001, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vent! (1)

So i just clicked on my username, and my profile popped up. It told me that i have 850+ posts, that i post 1.24 times per day, and that i've been a member for almost 689 days. That's almost 2 years. I can't even begin to tell you how much ive learned in these two years. But what i can say is that the turbo set-ups haven't changed that much. The basic band-aid set-ups haven't changed a bit. The new technology that is coming out is all in the standalone's and things like that. (imho)

I used to wake up every morning, grab my breakfast, sit my still groggy, sleepy eyed self down in front of the computer and browse through the posts...it was a good way to start my morning. but now, as im browsing through the posts, i just find that i have this incessant desire to curse at all the BS that is being thrown around. and if you don't understand what i mean, chances are that you are part of the problem.

F*CK, we had a member on the board (Viren) who was a PRO drag racer, running a friggin 9 second tube-framed car...who would also post here and help us "little" guys out. chit, he even helped me with part of my turbo install (granted, it was over the im, but still, he took the time to help me set-up 6psi on my daily driver...). who better to learn from? how amazing was that? how f*cked up is it that the actions of some newbies have ruined it for the rest of us?

*rant off*

Tom
Old 12-16-2001, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vent! (1)

I checked out 'The Old One' message board and it seems like members have to bow down for every little 'crumb' they receive. Is this what you would like Honda-Tech to turn into? Or just a little clique of old members? Maybe you could just ignore the redundancy.[Modified by 1, 7:07 AM 12/16/2001]
I don't think anybody is advocating limiting those who can post or anything of the sort.

I know when I was a newbie, and this was to both messageboards and Hondas, I would literally spend hours reading the archives on the FI board on Hostboard. I think I was a member there for like 2 months before I posted a single question. Im not saying that you should HAVE to spend massive amounts of time reading every single post, but at least do a little research prior to posting.

[Modified by Strng1dah, 9:11 AM 12/16/2001]
Old 12-16-2001, 08:21 AM
New User

WOW, Being here as short a time as I have... I have truely learned alot and I hope I've been able to teach some people at least somewhat. I don't have the average turbo setup, So I hope my lack of mainstream ideals helps out the widespread aspect of this site's followers!

Yeah, I used a thesaurus on this post j/p
Old 12-16-2001, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Vent! (SiR Kid)

With every message board their will be people that have different opinions on the same thing. The may think their opinons are correct even if they dont know the acutally answers themselves. When people liek that collide there will be some sort of conflict. Both parties thinking they are right, when in fact mabye both can be wrong. If I sense that someone is making a statement that I do no personally belive I just give them the thumbs up and look the other way. I let them feel they are right, when in fact I may strongly disagree with their opinons. Some people may say things sometimes to get a reaction of of people. They want the attention,they want a response. Just dont give them one and they may go away!

My $.02
Old 12-16-2001, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Vent! (SiR Kid)

Well I hope you don't blame all newbies, I mean I am one, but I came from another site (crx resource page) because I needed more info/insight than that sight could provide. Plus it was getting really redundant, except I would say it was worse. They were practically stacking Q's that were the same in the bandwidth and kids would get mad when their post wasn't replied to (but the same post above it was!). That only lead to immense flaming when the people could have realized there is no need repost when the info is generated already.

Don't give up though, I'd like to hear from smart people still. I am not done learning...please. This is where things that mom used to say reverberate..."don't pay attention to them and they will go away" I think that is true in this case...

I always liked this quote..." I couldn't imagine an intelligent person that wasn't curious." There is alot to be gained from this site...we were all newbies at one point.

Be well

[Modified by Mr.FBR, 6:03 PM 12/16/2001]
Old 12-16-2001, 09:07 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think part of the problem for the people who have been here a long time is there's nothing really new here except for the rare introduction of new products and BS hype. I don't think I've seen a question in a good while that hasn't been discussed before. In short, this forum could be completely dissolved with a turbo install FAQ and a little product research. BUT, that is not the way we learned. There are more and more new guys here each day starting exactly where we were 2 years ago. I say let them enjoy what we had, with the added help of those who have been around a long time.

If you want more technical info, you are not gonna find it on a public internet bulletin board. It seems to me that it's almost laziness to come to a board like this and EXPECT good technical info to be spoon fed to you. I think Art hit the nail on the head, go out and learn how things why and why they work. The info everyone's looking for is out there somewhere, just most people don't want to put forth the effort to find it.

end of rant.
Old 12-16-2001, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vent! (Mr.FBR)

Mr. FBR,
when i said "newbies" i was referring to those that negatively contribute to this forum, by doing the things you mentioned in your post.

Tom

[Modified by Tomakit, 1:11 PM 12/16/2001]
Old 12-16-2001, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just started posting on h-t.com a few months ago. I was basically unsatisfied with the lack of hardcore knowledge that other sites claimed to have (www.clubsi.com, http://www.purehonda.com, etc.). I came to h-t.com b/c you guys here in the forced induction forum really seemed to care, and take the time to explain intelligent questions. Being a mechanical engineering student I usually make sure I know how something works before I open my mouth and ask unitelligent questions. I believe the problem with alot of the posts lately are the newbies lack of understanding about how a internal combustion engine works. You need to take it from step one before you can go to step 10...like dealing with forced induction.

I talk to alot of the kids around my house when I hit the local street races and none of them really have the basic concept of how engine/trans/ecu/etc. work to allow a car to function. These are the same kids that claim they will have the next 10sec street car in a month. I have been lucky being exposed to cars all my life (my father owns restoration shop for classic fords) and have obtained the knowledge that has allowed me to do all the work on my cars myself. I realize that many people have never, and will never pick up a wrench to work on their cars, but an attempt still needs to be made on their part to learn the concepts. Being able to work on cars/understand cars really takes someone who is able to have a solid understanding of what he/she is working on and be able to trouble shoot problems and know how to resolve them. Having said that, I truely do wish that h-t.com does go back to intelligent, interesting content that I saw a few months ago when I became a member. Thanks for your time.
Old 12-16-2001, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont let it get to ya, i'm sure lots of us asked really dumb questions when we first got into this sport/hobby.

it does get frustrating when the quality threads are knocked though, hopefully in time their knowledge will grow and soon enough they will be asking questions that will make us go "hummmm? good question"

Old 12-16-2001, 10:14 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree that there is just too much ranting on this forum lately. I still take the time to sift through the posts looking to learn a bit more. I came to HT last spring with the hope that I would learn enough to take on the challenge of Turbocharging my Integra (thats why I bought it anyway). I rose to the challenge with the help of many people here. I had a few terrible struggles along the way (no thanks to Fmax's lame tube bending and a defective Turbonetics turbo) but I now have a turbo'd integra that I did all myself.

Perhaps we can guide people in their questions so that they can pursue the same level of satisfaction that many of us have achieved. I know that this is not my first and last project and I hope to be around to grow and help others in this fantastic hobby.

torin
Old 12-16-2001, 12:01 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

even with all the BS i still think honda-tech forced induction is the best forum around!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vent!