Notices

vatn turbocharger anyone here???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vatn turbocharger anyone here???

" a variable area nozzle turbine (VATN) employs a set of vanes that can change position to alter the exhaust gas velocity as it enters the turbine. this permits the turbine to behave like a small A/R housing at low flow rates, and a high A/R housing at the upper end of the rpm range, with a smooth transition between the two. The durability of early VATN assemblies was reportedly poor, but manufacturers have since greatly impoed the reliability of the units."

in the mist of reading this book a bought from barnes and noble **im such a book worm** called street turbocharging

ok 1. i done alot of reading and research on turbochargers probably not near enough but to be honest up till today i neva heard of such a thing i been searching on the web all day havent come across any real info on it deffinitely cant find nobody thats selling them??? was wondering do anybody have anymore information in this particular unit???? please dont bitch and moan about searching
CAUSE I TRIED ON HERE GOOGLE AND ASK.COM
Old 07-03-2006, 12:17 PM

Default Re: vatn turbocharger anyone here??? (STILL_DA_KING)

This is what Porsche is using on the new 911 turbo, as well as Honda on the new acura RDX. Apart from that I haven't heard of them anywhere else yet.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vatn turbocharger anyone here??? (STILL_DA_KING)

Borgwarner is the turbo's on the new porsche, Garrett also makes some, Aerocharger, Bell Engineering Group. Thats all I know of.