Notices

vacuum block manifold

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum block manifold

I cant seem to find a single place to get this from in the UK, so info is limited.
Was just hoping people might be able to help on here on some info about them...

I like the idea of them as tidying up all the vacuum feeds and simplifying the plumbing, but I wasn't sure of the pro's and con's of taking them all in one place.
could it make the vacuum weaker at all? is it still just as accurate/good as taking the vacuum from a few different places

My plan is to have the vacuum block feeding the boost gauge, BOV and wastegate all from the inlet for the PCV as I'll be deleting this PCV for a catch can feed...would all of the above be okay for a vacuum block? is getting all the feeds separately better?
Old 12-29-2014, 05:14 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: vacuum block manifold

As long as you have a solid vacuum source, there should be no issues with weakened vacuum signal. Also, the vac block reduces the number of T's where you would have otherwise tied into existing lines, thereby reducing possible vacuum leaks / issues.

Back when I owned a boosted Honda, a vac manifold was one of the first parts I purchased. (I used the one below with the brass fitting kit)

Fast-Turbo Vacuum Manifold
Old 12-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats great thanks for the input

did the fast turbo one come with any fittings or is it just the block and a kit to secure it?
Old 12-29-2014, 07:24 AM
Man U FTW

The Fast-Turbo vac block is just the vacuum block itself. They have an Add-on option to include the brass fittings. The common method is to tap the vac signal to the block from the brake booster (on the engine side of the backflow valve). I dont recall if that fitting is included, so you may have to source that T...otherwise everything else is included.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ahh okay, the little fittings here seem to sell for about £5 each! (not sure what that is in dollars, 10 maybe)

i was thinking of getting it from here

I have heard about the brake booster bit but wasnt sure if i wanted to interfere with any braking systems.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:37 AM
Man U FTW

There is a check valve in the brake vac line. Provided you T in on the correct side of that valve, there is no issue. This is how literally everyone does it.

http://www.fast-turbo.com/fast-turbo...-manifold-kit/

Again, the kit with the brass fittings (which is an option on their site), comes with everything you need....its $10 for all the fittings, rather than buying them separately
Old 12-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running my vacuum block off that same hose. Except It goes straight to it since I don't have a pcv anymore. I've got my boost gauge, bov, map, and wastegate all connected to it that way they all get the exact same pressure from the exact same source.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:36 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

did a new user just post a clear, concise, and proper thread? I mean we've got a question, they know what they're looking for, they're open to advice, accepting of the advice, and aren't wasting our time or resurrecting decade old threads from the dead. I think it's a red letter day for forced induction boys and girls
Old 12-30-2014, 05:15 AM
Man U FTW

Originally Posted by wantboost
did a new user just post a clear, concise, and proper thread? I mean we've got a question, they know what they're looking for, they're open to advice, accepting of the advice, and aren't wasting our time or resurrecting decade old threads from the dead. I think it's a red letter day for forced induction boys and girls
This calls for a celebration!