Notices

Uberdata Nokia USB cable

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Uberdata Nokia USB cable

I have researched this for ever. I am just curious if you can buy a universal USB cable for a Nokia phone and have this work. Or if it has to be the one you get from radio shack. I am not really sure of the difference. Anyone with insight is welcome. I did check my local radio shack and they didn't have any, the kind the had were like $25.00 or something. thanks
Old 10-08-2004, 06:12 PM

I know somebody has experience with this in here, just looking for some more insight. BuMp
Old 10-09-2004, 04:15 AM

another bump.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (93turbo16)

If you send me your ecu I can set you up for $45 shipped, I've got 2 in stock right now, plenty of jumpers and headers for the board...
Old 10-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have got many USB nokia cables from this guy on ebay called ukglassesuk
he sells them for $2.50

Old 10-09-2004, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Default Re: (USDM 4G VTEC)

Forgive me...but im a newb when it comes to uberdata. What exactly is this cable for? Im guessing it has something to do with datalogging or dl'ing your maps to your computer or something...but im not sure. Damn the more i read about uberdata the more im liking it. It seems like theres a shitload more people that are knowledgeable about it and it looks like its gotten alot more user friendly since the time i was looking for cheap engine management
Old 10-09-2004, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sCeRaXn)

i ordered the cable on ebay but haven't recieved it yet... from the uberdata forum.. i see people using many different ones.

Old 10-05-2005, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MADEINIRAQ)

damn hate to revive old thread
but if i put the honda usb cable then i dont need a ROM burner to change the parameters on my ECU or do i still need that the part i fear most about chippin my own ECU is burning the ROM so with this i dont have to burn ROMS anymore just transfer .bin file to ECU via a laptop also can i unplug ecu and transfer .bin like in a desktop or does it have to b plugged in the car?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (TypeRobert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TypeRobert &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn hate to revive old thread
but if i put the honda usb cable then i dont need a ROM burner to change the parameters on my ECU or do i still need that the part i fear most about chippin my own ECU is burning the ROM so with this i dont have to burn ROMS anymore just transfer .bin file to ECU via a laptop also can i unplug ecu and transfer .bin like in a desktop or does it have to b plugged in the car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you need to hang out on the pgmfi.org and uberdata.org forums a little more and do some more research.

The USB cable he is talking about connects to your ECU and plugs into your laptops USB port. This allows you to datalog through your ECU. When you datalog you are pulling engine information off of the ECU such as AFR, IAT, RPM, vacuum/boost, injector duty cycles and stuff like that.

You still have to burn a chip or run an Ostrich to the 29C256 socket. Also if you are burning chips and swapping them out, then you need to turn the car off. However if you have an Ostrich romulator then you plug this into your 29C256 socket and it allows you to change things in realtime, without having to turn the car off.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueShadow)

damn fast response im bored in skool
can u xplain more about this ostrich romulator wut is it a software?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The Ostrich is a ROM emulator...think of it as a ROM chip that you can continously update. You dont have to plug it into a burner or anything. You plug it via USB cable to your laptop, and it has a 28 pin ribbon cable that you plug into your ECU's 29C256 socket.

http://www.moates.net/product_...id=57
Old 10-05-2005, 07:51 AM
D-t
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueShadow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Ostrich is a ROM emulator...think of it as a ROM chip that you can continously update. You dont have to plug it into a burner or anything. You plug it via USB cable to your laptop, and it has a 28 pin ribbon cable that you plug into your ECU's 29C256 socket.

http://www.moates.net/product_...id=57</TD></TR></TABLE>

Engine management/tuning gets me a little confused.

With the Ostrich, say I am boosting 8psi daily, but on the weekends for races or on track days I would like to boost 11 or 12. when I want to boost 12psi could I just bring the ostrich and my laptop with me, with car on, open up hood raise the boost on my mbc, and I will be set with the ostrich?

This would be something helpful. Imagine you come into contact with someone with a real quick setup . You don't want to tell them hold on, turn off car, go get your other 12psi chip, pop it in, and hope that it will start up and everything will work fine.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:30 AM

DT i dont get what you are talking about

if you have a map thats tuned in every psi column which a good tuned map should be then you have no need in swapping btwn bins
you can run your 12psi bin all the time and it will still be tuned at 8psi, you just need to play with the mbc

as for the ostrich its more of a tuning tool
when you are datalogging you can make realtime changes aswell so you dont have to pull over, cool the turbo, burn a new chip, then restart the whole process. if you had the ostrcih you can simply pull over or even at a stop like, make changes, then apply instantly before the light even changes to green

as for the cables you can use any smart cable,
some usb phone cables are stright thru usb cables with no chips and these ones wont work
aslong as you get a usbcable with built in serial to usb convertor and a driver then it will work
Old 10-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D-t)

You shouldn't need two chips or .bins for an 8 psi and 12 psi tune. Just tune it for the max amount of boost you will run, in your case that would be 12 psi. Then just use your boost controller to switch between 8 and 12 psi.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:37 AM

oh ya
if you are looking for an usb cable there buy it off this guy

i bought one from him and it works perfect
tell him sohcblackcrx sent you

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nokia-Bran...wItem
Old 10-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackCRX)

yes now this is wut i wanted to hear so ostrich is a device that connects between the laptop and ECU i like the way it sounds y is it i dont hear much talk of this also any DIY on ostrich?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:13 PM

no diy on ostrich for uberdata
but you can run DIY RTP for crome which is what i plan to do in the next couple of weeks

if i ever get my **** together and finish my DIY wideband along with my datalogging and rtp stuff
Old 10-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackCRX)

ok so another question wuts RTP crome is like uberdata right wut are the biggest differences?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

RTP stands for real time programming, it's a term associated with the Ostrich which can be used for RTP.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:08 PM
D-t
Trial User

Oh okay, thats what I thought I had read. I guess I was getting confused with another aspect of tuning/management.

I have to tune up to 12psi and then all I have to do is turn up the boost on my mbc (does car have to be off?)

Now I better understand how the Ostrich works. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought that is what you had to do, but I was getting confused about something.

Also If I have an electronic boost controller, say with the same situation before, and I have a low boost, and a high boost setting like many EBC have. While the car is on and running, under load while driving, I could flick the switch to say 12psi while cruising? Or do I need to be at a stop to do this.

Thanks for clearing that up fellas
Old 10-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get on PGMFI or http://uberdata.pgmfi.org/forum/ . Its the TUNING department of ht
Old 10-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (amit)

oh thats wut RTP means so i guess that is what im lookin for then. wut are the most known real time programmers outthere??
Old 10-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Oh okay, thats what I thought I had read. I guess I was getting confused with another aspect of tuning/management.

I have to tune up to 12psi and then all I have to do is turn up the boost on my mbc (does car have to be off?)

Now I better understand how the Ostrich works. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought that is what you had to do, but I was getting confused about something.

Also If I have an electronic boost controller, say with the same situation before, and I have a low boost, and a high boost setting like many EBC have. While the car is on and running, under load while driving, I could flick the switch to say 12psi while cruising? Or do I need to be at a stop to do this.

Thanks for clearing that up fellas </TD></TR></TABLE>

u dont need to stop the car to turn up the boost.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:47 PM
D-t
Trial User

Default Re: (boosted k20)

^ I didn't mean shut it off ^

I meant just not under any load. I guess you don't. Unless I have a MBC then I would need to be stopped of course, hehe.

Thanks.