Notices

u think my engine could handle FI??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default u think my engine could handle FI??

hey guys. some of u may have remembered me a few weeks back posting up my problem about my engine. i made a huge thread about it and all. to sum it up, during turbo install, a buddy was trying to install my oil feed line into my block. he screwed a fitting into my block way too tight and cracked/chipped off a chunk of my block. i actually ended up gettng a really good aluminum welder to weld it back on and the mechanic said it should be as solid as a new block BUT NO GUARANTEE on his work due to the possible heat expansion of the block causing it to crack open again. SOOO>

for those of u who had aluminum welding done on their block, especially the oil feed line area, how has it held so far? im starting to think its one of those "well, it depends on how good of a job your welder did" type of things.

basically, if i were to add a JRSC kit to my engine, i dont think ANY part of this kit would involve touching the oil lines or any part of that area. so im guessing the JRSC would just add more stress and wear and tear on my engine (as would any type of FI). so i was curious would this have ANY effect on the part that was welded or if it would IN ANY WAY cause the welded area to chip off/crack again?

i am down right paranoid about that welded area cracking again and would avoid anything that would even increase the risk of it cracking at all. but im a sucker for forced induction. I NEED BOOST! but if its too risky, then i will have to pass.

opinions are greaky appreciated.

btw, i will try and take some pics of the welded part of my engine soon so u guys can have a better idea of what i have right now.