Notices

How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block?

Old 01-26-2002, 08:33 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block?

I was under my car changing my oil for the first time (used to go to the dealer for it) and i've decided that i need to change my oil feed line as well. I currently have TWO brass T's coming off of the block, 1 for the stock oil sensor and 1 for an autometer electric sender, which looks like it might be kinda heavy.

In any case, do you guys have any advice on how to get all that stuff out and work with it? i bought a new 3-ton floor jack today and i barely have enough room to move my hands together if i ever need to transfer poo poo, etc, and it's definitely a tight fit up there.

any words of wisdom?

thanks
-Xerxes
Old 01-26-2002, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block? (Xerxes)

three words bro. . .slowly but surely. . .it's really tight up there. . .
Old 01-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block? (turbocoupe)

If you are trying to take it completly out, be very carefull. Ive seen so many people break them inside the block and then you have to tap out the remains out of the block. Not an easy thing to do with not very much space. Take your time and dont rupoo poo...

art
Old 01-26-2002, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block? (Arturbo)

If you are trying to take it completly out, be very carefull. Ive seen so many people break them inside the block and then you have to tap out the remains out of the block. Not an easy thing to do with not very much space. Take your time and dont rupoo poo...

art
lol... and dont rupoo poo???

i guess u meant to say not to rusch it (spelled correctly of course)
Old 01-26-2002, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block? (Tom)

rushit
Old 01-26-2002, 09:53 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block? (dustin)

hahaaha, I meant rushit not rupoo poo...

art
Old 01-26-2002, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block? (Arturbo)

rushit
Old 01-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block? (dustin)

Your Brass T is gonna BREAK for sure. Mine did, and I had to drill out the thing and rethread it. Luckily I pulled off to my friends house really quickly after I saw a TON of smoke coming from my car because the oil was dripping on the downpipe.

And now, what I did was, I bought a 3 feet long stainless steel braided line and use it to EXTEND the oil source up to the top, where I T'ed it from the OTHER end of the braided line.
Old 01-27-2002, 11:19 PM
New User

Default Re: How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block? (BG Boost)

Your Brass T is gonna BREAK for sure. Mine did, and I had to drill out the thing and rethread it. Luckily I pulled off to my friends house really quickly after I saw a TON of smoke coming from my car because the oil was dripping on the downpipe.
Yeah that's what i'm afraid of, which is why i'm tearing it all down and rebuilding it now...

here's another dumb question
How do i get it all back together? seems to me that everything is tightened by turning it a bunch, so how the hell do i tighten the lines (1 from block, 1 to turbo) to the tee? is it okay to twist the hose? I looked for earl's swivel-seal but it looks like they only make -6 and up for the swivel ones...

-Xerxes
Old 07-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How the !@#$ do you install/remove the oil feed line etc on the back of the block? (Xerxes)

Bump.

Im about to do this and need some advice.

Because of the way my turbo is attached to my manifold I can only get to the feed when I pull the turbo and take it off the manifold, so I need to make sure it wont leak the first time I install it. Ideas?