twin turbo D-series up and running

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (PseudoSilvia)

man, at the risk of being flammed, im embarassed to be a member of this community...

What the heck is wrong with you people? This sport has evolved because people have got an idea in thier heads, went to the garage, and made it work, or learned from thier mistakes. Whether this system puts down respectable numbers or not, this guy shouldnt be flammed, he should be given props for making an effort.

Years ago people would have scoffed and laughed at the thought of some "jap car" running 7 second 1/4 times. They laughed at Whitney and his cotton gin, as well as the wright brothers and thier obsession with mans ability to fly, granted this guys theroy isnt as innovative, but the point is still the same. Dont flame the people who are out there, making and learning, cause who knows, down the road you just may end up learning from these people.

Also, for those of you who think twin turbos are "silly" and a waste of money and effort, I suggest you do a search for the DRT twin turbo civic thats prouducing 600+ HP and 9 second ET's. Yes, its on a B series motor, and yes, its a full race chassis. No, its not the same as his setup, an yes, perhaps i those numbers can be made with less time and money, but again, thats not the point.

edited for spelling

Old 09-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (My95SlvrBlt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by My95SlvrBlt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what about a radiator? I dont see one there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what's that right there?

Old 09-11-2003, 12:30 AM

Default Re: twin turbo D-series up and running (WhiteyD)

I think it looks great. I wish I could weld like that!
Old 09-11-2003, 02:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: twin turbo D-series up and running (Buster T)

Looks like a big mess to me, but I hope it go's well or impress's people or whatever.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CustomCockpits)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CustomCockpits &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man, at the risk of being flammed, im embarassed to be a member of this community...

What the heck is wrong with you people? This sport has evolved because people have got an idea in thier heads, went to the garage, and made it work, or learned from thier mistakes. Whether this system puts down respectable numbers or not, this guy shouldnt be flammed, he should be given props for making an effort.

Years ago people would have scoffed and laughed at the thought of some "jap car" running 7 second 1/4 times. They laughed at Whitney and his cotton gin, as well as the wright brothers and thier obsession with mans ability to fly, granted this guys theroy isnt as innovative, but the point is still the same. Dont flame the people who are out there, making and learning, cause who knows, down the road you just may end up learning from these people.

Also, for those of you who think twin turbos are "silly" and a waste of money and effort, I suggest you do a search for the DRT twin turbo civic thats prouducing 600+ HP and 9 second ET's. Yes, its on a B series motor, and yes, its a full race chassis. No, its not the same as his setup, an yes, perhaps i those numbers can be made with less time and money, but again, thats not the point.

edited for spelling

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You act as if he was the first one to have the idea of a twin turbo honda. There have been quite a few before him. People have DEFINATELY thought of doing this before him but figure out that HEY theres only one exaust port on a 4 cyl so it'd be more efficient to do 1 turbo rather than 2. And as for the kid who actually made the setup. I mean props to you for spending countless hours doing that crap but seriously, who cares if other people have gone single turbo before. All of us on here just want to go as fast as possible for the least amount of money, you dig? It's not about being different. If it was about being different then you shouldn't have bought a civic.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Happyman)

Actually there are 4 exhaust ports on a 4 cylinder...just like there are 6 on TT Supras, Skylines, etc.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PseudoSilvia)

You know what I meant.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: twin turbo D-series up and running (WhiteyD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WhiteyD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright this is my car and my set-up. For all you haters all I have to say is if you don't like it than I'd like to see you do better. Its a clean setup that just has DOUBLE the amount of stuff your used to so if thats why you think its a mess. I've tried to do something different becuase I didn't want to have the exact same thing as everyone else and if you wanna say that its a stupid thing to do than your an idiot. I didn't want to post this until I did get a timeslip so when the bitches say what a bad setup it is, I'll have the numbers that you can't argue with. This kit will outflow a revhard/Drag/fMax turbo kit for 1/3 the price.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i give you a on being different, but that whole install is a mess...maybe you could get away with that on a dsm, but c'mon it's a honda..
Old 09-11-2003, 07:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (joey1320)

Can anyone else name a 4 banger with two turbos ? I think that usually it's done because of the engine. ie V6 or V8 it's eaiser to run two turbos instead of one.

Just my 2 cents.

anyways props for the jungle jim under the hood
Old 09-11-2003, 07:25 AM

Default Re: (SpooN Man)

just so everyone knows that the only originality of this is that it is on a d series.... http://www.hpracing.com/sponsor.html this is a twin setup in a crx that look good. check it out.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You act as if he was the first one to have the idea of a twin turbo honda. There have been quite a few before him.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did u read my post? I said " his idea is not as innovative" I also mentioned the DRT TT Civic. How is that "acting like he is the first one to have the idea"?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> All of us on here just want to go as fast as possible for the least amount of money, you dig?It's not about being different. If it was about being different then you shouldn't have bought a civic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Also, how can you speak for all of us and what our goals are? Moreover, perhaps SOME of us bought our Civics an started doing DIY mods to them before the first issue of Super Street ever even came out, and there was ever a scene. I caught all kindsa hell from people for doing something so different, because IT WAS different back then
Old 09-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
All of us on here just want to go as fast as possible for the least amount of money, you dig? .</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you read the other posts you will see that he only spent read with me here $350 ! can you turbo your car for $350? I think not.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If it was about being different then you shouldn't have bought a civic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So having a TT honda isnt different? hmmmmm
Ive seen the DRT Civic and saw that site with the CRX, but that's about it. What count is that 3!

. All of us on here just want to go as fast as possible for the least amount of money, you dig? .</TD></TR></TABLE>

"10 seconds or less Im free", not everybody here wants what you want.

Good job whitey on the TT project, some of these HATERS are just ignorant when they see something different.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I give him a for doing something different.
It's known that one turbo would make more power, but it's still cool because he did something different. I wonder what it drives like...
Old 09-11-2003, 10:05 AM

Default Re: (TheShocker)

man good job! id love to rock that... just for ***** and giggles. onlynegative thing i really have to say is that it could be a bit cleaner.... other than that! MAD PROPS!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 11:05 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CustomCockpits &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man, at the risk of being flammed, im embarassed to be a member of this community...

edited for spelling

</TD></TR></TABLE>

took the words right out of my mouth
Old 09-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sporkcrx)

Nice turbo setup. Now where's the SOHC motor? LOL!

Just to be even more unique, you shoulda ran one small a$$ turbo to each exhaust port! Then we can call you Quadzilla!
Old 09-11-2003, 11:18 AM

Default Re: (98CTRCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98CTRCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice turbo setup. Now where's the SOHC motor? LOL!

Just to be even more unique, you shoulda ran one small a$$ turbo to each exhaust port! Then we can call you Quadzilla! </TD></TR></TABLE>

hehehe.. i dunno.. i give this guy props.. that looks like alot of work, but for 350.. shitz.. cant beat that.. thats the cost of my insurance and phone bill in a month
Old 09-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eli_vang)

I'm ready to vomit...it seems like everyone would have been happier if I took out a loan and bought a drag kit and comformed to the typical honda standard. Just becuase its something new and different it looks "silly?" Grow up and get your head out of your ***. Just remember this kit cost LESS than what you spent on your DC header and cat back exhaust. I didn't invent the twin turbo kit (Its almost like cars came with 2 turbos at one point) I just wanted to see if I could do it. And the countless hours was 3 weeks of fabrication time.

Your comparing my budget car which total cost me under $3000 (including price of the car) to these $50,000 shop cars.

For all who complimented it thanks...

For all who hate it.....Hate it becuase its better than what you have...I build cars that go fast for cheap. If you have a car that runs 15's or 14's you have no right complaining because you don't even know what fast is
Old 09-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Obie

Default Re: (joey1320)

Whats that I smell....sniff sniff....thats detonation
Old 09-11-2003, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is one unique setup. I bet a rice would pay mad money for that setup.

Ebay!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

props WhiteyD.
I'm designing a TT setup for my GSR right now, just to be different and prove my own fabrication skills to others and myself. With that said, I give you huge amounts of respect for going ahead and getting this done.

If you're ever in Vancouver BC, I've got a cold brew with your name on it.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WhiteyD)

Props for being different

How does it run? And do you have any times on it yet?