Notices

TurboXS dual stage MBC question:

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 10:34 PM
kaj
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TurboXS dual stage MBC question:

i give up. maybe i'm just tired and not thinking clearly.

i installed the controller. no matter where i run my vaccum lines i get 8psi in first, 9ish in second, 10 in third and 11ish in fourth.
i currently have a vaccum line from the bottom nipple of my waste gate to the vaccum line connected to my intake mani
i have another from the TOP nipple of the wate gate to the boost controller ( the spot marked with the "in" arrow) and the the last line from the controller to the line on the fuel pressure regulator.
no matter how much i turn the allen screws, i get the same amount of boost. i can hear what sounds like air escaping from the "low boost" part of the controller. is this normal? it sounds to be coming from under the rubber rings that wrap around each part of the controller. when i rotate them i can hear the air changing pitch. also: as a test i hooked up "pressure" lines to both sides of the controller and heard A LOT of air coming out.
i currently do not have the wires hooked up for the solenoid, i am currently running on the low boost side only.

am i really so tired of dealing with my car that i have it hooked up wrong and i'm just not REALIZING it yet?? can anyone smack me upside the head and tell me what i'm doing wrong? thanks.

kaj
Old 09-04-2003, 10:41 PM
t616

Default Re: TurboXS dual stage MBC question: (kaj)

hope this helps...

Old 09-05-2003, 08:11 AM
kaj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TurboXS dual stage MBC question: (aesop-)

i have that diagram in the instructions. only i'm using a wastegate, not an actuator. also, with my last boost controller, i ran vaccum lines from the wastegate and never used the nipple on the compressor side of the turbo.
i feel like a dumbass for not being able to figure this out.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:08 AM
New User

Default Re: TurboXS dual stage MBC question: (kaj)

i have that boost controller and it works fine for me. Hooked up as per the instructions. does the boost hold in each gear or does it bounce up and down really fast like its struggling?

I suspect a vacuum leak somewhere... are your hoses zip tied or clamped?
Old 09-05-2003, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TurboXS dual stage MBC question: (psileepR)

what kinda wastegate and where is the line hooked up to it at?
Old 09-05-2003, 09:30 AM

Default Re: TurboXS dual stage MBC question: (BoostingSnail)

just follow the diagram and you should be fine. Mine works great.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:56 AM

Default Re: TurboXS dual stage MBC question: (Kack)

First-undo all the vacuum lines you have going to the waste gate and the boost controller
Second-find a spot before the throttle body most turbo have a spot right on the hosing it sounds like you don’t have one so you may have to put one on you charge pipe.
Third-Run the line form there to the side nipple on the boost controller.
Fourth-run the line form the bottom of the boost controller to the side nipple on the waste gate.
That should be it you don’t need one on the top nipple of the waste gate when you are using a manual boost controller if it was an electric boost controller you would need to use the top nipple.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:05 PM
kaj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TurboXS dual stage MBC question: (EFrollingout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFrollingout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> it you donÂ’t need one on the top nipple of the waste gate when you are using a manual boost controller if it was an electric boost controller you would need to use the top nipple.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ooooooooooooooooh. that would explain a lot. i'll try that next
Old 09-05-2003, 04:21 PM
kaj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TurboXS dual stage MBC question: (EFrollingout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFrollingout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First-undo all the vacuum lines you have going to the waste gate and the boost controller
Second-find a spot before the throttle body most turbo have a spot right on the hosing it sounds like you don’t have one so you may have to put one on you charge pipe.
Third-Run the line form there to the side nipple on the boost controller.
Fourth-run the line form the bottom of the boost controller to the side nipple on the waste gate.
That should be it you don’t need one on the top nipple of the waste gate when you are using a manual boost controller if it was an electric boost controller you would need to use the top nipple.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

did EXACTLY that. still gets 7psi in first, 9.5 in second, 10.5 in third, and 11 in fourth. maybe it's my boost gauge? i have it tapped into a vaccum line RIGHT behind the throttle body. i figured that to be the safest place.

is my controller whack, or what?