Notices

Turbonetics manual boost controller problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonetics manual boost controller problem

Hello all,

Like title says I have a turbonetics manual boost controller and I am having problems..... so hear goes my story:

I get home, pull into driveway about 2-3k rpm through the neighborhood. I come to a stop and shut down the car, about 5 seconds after I shut off the car I hear stuff fall from the car. I go out to check and I have two plastic gaskets a spring and a bolt on the ground below my boost controller, also the boost controller is in two pieces, obviously it wasn't screwed on tight enough and came apart.

Now my question is....... is this thing salvageable? Can I put it back together and use it? Does it sound like I am missing any parts? I tried looking online, with no luck, to see what all the internals are and how to reassemble I suppose my next step will be to call someone at turbonetics tomorrow. I was just curious if anyone else ever had this happen? I will be swapping to an electronic controller soon just want to keep things running smooth until then. Thanks for any and all help.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:04 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Turbonetics manual boost controller problem

That's rare, but happens. Typically, for the low cost these controllers are, you're best getting another one (Hallman, Grimmspeed, GoFast bits, etc) and go from there, if you don't have any luck with Turbonetics.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbonetics manual boost controller problem

Originally Posted by TheShodan
That's rare, but happens. Typically, for the low cost these controllers are, you're best getting another one (Hallman, Grimmspeed, GoFast bits, etc) and go from there, if you don't have any luck with Turbonetics.
Thanks for the reply, i will probably just bypass it temporarily until i can get my ecu set up for electronic boost control hopefully this week.