Notices

Turboing my hatch using DSM parts. Info needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turboing my hatch using DSM parts. Info needed

First off I just want to say that I am not a newbie by any means. I have plenty experience turboing cars as I turboed my N/A 4g64 eclipse.

I got a 1990 hatch dx. We already swapped in a d16z6 out of a 94 si coupe. It has a small shot of spray, but it needs to be turbo. This car is a budget buildup and I'm not trying to spend any more money than I have to.

Anyways I am a long time DSMer so I have aquired an abundance of turbo DSM parts. So my plans for this car is to run a small standard mitsubishi flanged turbo such as a t25. I am also going to use a factory 2g dsm side mount intercooler and a 1g BOV. Gonna run no more than 8 psi.

I'm new to this honda stuff so I have a few questions:

-I was told that a dsm manifold will "probably" work on this head, I havent had the time to check so I was just wondering if anyone knew.
-If not, does anyone make a cast iron manifold for this car with a DSM flange?
-Can I use my spare SAFC 2 on this car if I wire it to the MAP signal wire on pressure setting?
-I was told that some Honda guys run DSM 450cc injectors. Will these even fit on my d16z6? If so will I have to wire on DSM injector clips? Will I have to wire in a DSM resistor pack?
-If I use the 450's and SAFC 2 and a fuel pressure regulator will I also need a bigger pump?
-What would be a good oil feed source for the turbo?

Sorry for all the questions. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

vanilla gorilla
Old 10-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turboing my hatch using DSM parts. Info needed (vanilla gorilla)

I know this will help: http://www.homemadeturbo.com
Old 10-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manifold will not work. Youl have to find a std civic mani and bluild an adapter plate.

Safc 2 you could use, but its shotty, and a hack, and you have no control of timing and the safc will cause the timing to advance rather than retard. Wich is not good. Get a chipped computer and tune it properly!!!!

Ya you can use DSM 450's The clips will pop right on but they have a bigger bottom on them and will not fit into the factory honda rubbers in the intake, you have to reem them out with a dremel, but not to much or you get boost leak!! OH, and you need resistor box.

Bigger fuel pump, such as walboro 190, or 255 is always good insurance!!

Oil feed is where the sending unit goes into the back of the block by the oil filter. T it and you have pressure.

OH: http://www.homemadeturbo.com