Notices

turbo xs manual boost contoller not working???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default turbo xs manual boost contoller not working???

i just put in my manual boost controller today. I have it hooked up correctly i just dont understand no matter how tight to 0 pounds of boost it constantly runs 10 pounds. At this current time i dont want to be running 10 pounds of boost since i dont have the right size injectors right now and no street tune yet. Im wondering if anyone can help me with this when I put it in i had the allen bolt tightened all the way down to 0psi took a lil cruise to make sure it was 0psi. I came back popped the hood and my buddy told me that for every turn is 1 pound of boost, so i turned it 5 times for what i thought would be for 5psi, took a quick run and saw that it was boosting to 10psi. I came back turned it down 3 turns thinking it might be running 5 or 6 pounds but then it still boosted to 10 pounds. So could it be broken?? is there a way to fix it or what? The boost controller isnt new alsoi received it as payment for help prepping,painting and wet sanding a car.this is the boost controller incase anyone was wondering
Old 04-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the boost controller can only lower your boost as low as your wastegate is set to.

and to lower boost, you usually have to LOOSEN the device. when you loosen it, this should allow less blockage caused by the controller and will allow the boost to lower because of it.

if you want only 5-6psi why dont you not use a controller and just run from the wastegate with no boost controller?

after all, they are used to turn up boost, not lower boost.

what is your wastegate spring set for (in psi)?

and if you are using only an fmu you have no business turning up the boost.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo Dan)

im running 3 pounds of boost and im running really really rich i want to be running around 6 pounds of boost on my td04 turbo which wouldn;t be bad at all seeings how i have arp headstuds and new 3 layer head gasket and yes i kno fmu is shitty but prolly gonna buy dsm450cc's soon and im getting a basemapped ecu from j-k-tuning thats set up for 7 to 8 psi
Old 04-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo Dan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo Dan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and if you are using only an fmu you have no business turning up the boost.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea im not looking to set it at 12 pounds or anything im not stupid haha i know how shitty fmu's are
Old 04-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (turbojdmhatch)

some of those mbc are set to a standard low psi rate. i had one a while back it was turned to lowest boost and it was set for 12 psi. and highest i tested at was 27/28 psi
Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Devo94ac)

i got it fixed it is for high boost applications. Theres 2 seperate boost adjustments theres one thats a fine adjustment(1psi per turn) and another thats for course adjustment(3 to 4psi per turn). I also had the course adjustment at what i thought was at 0psi but it was at max psi which i just turned back down to 0psi and turned the fine adjustment up to 6psi. I did a lil research on the turboxs boost controller and its the HP model not the standard model its all fixed now Cars running much better now not so much black smoke from running to rich and not running enough boost to run to lean