Notices

Turbo update .. Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2001, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo update .. Need Help

I am soo close but yet soooo far I got the Drag 3 kit in last Monday, but really hadn't had a chance to mess with it til this weekend. Unfortunetly I was missing some crucial parts like a 90 bent coupling for the charge pipe, manifold-turbo gasket, and other small nick nacks.. fortunetly though Ben will take car of it, but I must wait another damned week to get it. Anyhow, So far I have other issues. I have the manifold, turbo, oil feed, and return line in, and the polished intercooler mounted. My problem starts here on out. For one thing my Tial wastegate doesn't fit my hybrid. Ben sent me an elbow to use but the flange that the wastegate bolts to is clocked slightly wrong and I am going to have to get that welded the right way so that my wastegate will fit. Problem number 2... The kit is designed for a civic/integra with stock suspension. I currently have comp engineering traction bars and I absolutely love them, but I have an issue. The radius arm and the brace that attaches to the driver side are in the way of the charge pipe that come around to the intercooler. I have 2 solutions.. I have to hack up the traction bars on the drivers side which cost a pretty penny. The other would be to remove them completely which I really really really, would not like to do as they are awsome. My 60' were dramatically improved with them. I hate decisions like this. Hopefully I will have my car up and action by the end of next week. I will add that although I am having these slight problems.. the kit looks really nice. I just wish it had detailed instructions like the jrsc did so I would not have to be bugging the world to find out what goes where. Installation is definately not as easy as the jrsc.... As for the installation instruction on overboost and importparts.. they are not very detailed.. I still have questions regarding the plumbing of vaccum lines. There is threaded port on the compressor side before the charge exits the housing. What is that for?? Also just to make sure, the BOV has only one vaccum line and that is connected to the intake manifold after the t/b right?? Next.. I have a profec b.. the black box has an "in" and "out" port where do these go attached to?? I am assuming to the wastegate, but there are 2 ports on the wastegate as you know.. but I have no clue.. where do they go to?? Last but not least the vaccum port on the acutal boost controler goes where?? Sorry for all the questions but I would really like to get the show on the road as I have alot of tunning to do. And I am also getting alittle ansy and miss my car!! Anyhelp would be GREATLY appreciated.
Alex
Old 09-16-2001, 02:17 AM
Banned

Default Re: Turbo update .. Need Help (GSRev)

i can't answer all your questions but i was just curious.....your supercharger is staying on your car as well with the turbo? or are you getting rid of the jrsc ?
Old 09-16-2001, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo update .. Need Help (immortal)

oh hell no, I aint trying to be a guinue pig.. its for sale. 1600 and it is yours.. I also have a , crv crank, and 10 psi pulley, and 320 cc injectors for a small additional fee.
Old 09-16-2001, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey GSRev,
Here's how I have my vacuum lines connected to my Profec B:
From the GReddy (what you called the black box) "OUT" to the top port of the TiAL wastegate.
From the compressor housing, I have a 90° with the vaccum line going to the "IN" on the "black box". The side port of my TiAL wastegate is tee'd into that line.
Here's a pic for clarity (hopefully):

BTW, in the picture, when looking at the GReddy box under the hood, the "OUT" is on the left and the "IN" is on the right.
Hope that helps.
Take care,
Mick
Old 09-16-2001, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo update .. Need Help (The Mick)

Thanks a million mick... That is what I needed to know. Now let me ask this... there is a port on the back of the profec b module that goes inside the car.. does this go to vacuum anywhere?? I really appreciate the help. I am soo eager to get my car back on the road.
Old 09-17-2001, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

D'oh! You already asked that question, but I forgot to answer that part... my bad.
Here's the way I have mine:
From the back of the Profec B unit inside the car, I have that vacuum line tee'd into the stock FPR vacuum line.
And yes, the BOV is connected to a vacuum source after the throttle body.
All this (and the wastegate stuff) was very unclear to me during the install as well.
Good luck and I'm looking forward to the update as soon as you get that ***** runnin'. The difference between the JRSC and Drag 3 is quite noticeable.
Enjoy!
Mick