Notices

turbo removal in an integra

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 01:22 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo removal in an integra

i was wondering if any of you were able to remove the turbo while it is positioned on the manifold. i have a drag3 kit in a RS (with air conditioning unit installed). i wanted to know if you were able to remove the turbo without taking off the manifold... or at least was able to remove the manifold and turbo without taking off the radiator.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: turbo removal in an integra (SIK IN DA HED)

It could be possible if you pull out the radiator but you might as well pull it off with the manifold. It'll make life a lot easier.

If you're thinking of doing it with the radiator intact..I don't see how that could be possible with the lack of space.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:13 PM

You could remove the turbo from the manifold, but space is limted and getting to all 4 bolts would be a problem. Just remove the manifold/turbo together and save yourself the headache. Just unbolt the downpipe, unscrew oil return, and then loosen the manifold bolts and you should easliy be able to squeeze the turbo/manifold out. You may have to turn it sideways and try different angles, but just play with it a little and it will come right out
Old 03-24-2004, 02:26 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

remove the fans (takes 10min even with all the stupid wire clips) and take the whole manifold / turbo out. its easier. listen to these guys.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:23 PM
New User

Default Re: (falconGSR)

as you can see... im lazy. haha thanks for the tips, guys. thought there might have been a way to take it out faster with less effort.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SIK IN DA HED)

fastest way is taking it out with the manifold. It wouldnt take that long
Old 03-24-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: (redturbocivic)

Your lazy? Then take it out with the manifold, chancea are itll be a bitch to take it off without taking the mani off and would have been easier to just take teh mani off in the first place.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:18 AM
New User

so im goin to start on the removal in a week. any advice on taking it off? i want to make sure i dont break off another manifold screw or anything like that.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: (SIK IN DA HED)

If it has been a while since you installed the turbo I'd be careful with the downpipe bolts. They will break so WD40 them if possible.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed my turbo and manifold on as one peice. Just remove the fans. No problem.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:50 AM
New User

Default Re: turbo removal in an integra (Muckman)

hey guys... do you think its possible to drive the car with a header in place of the manifold and downpipe without disconnecting the oil line to the oil sending unit? i was wondering how that works... if oil will leak out of the oil line while driving. when i take off the turbo and manifold, i will be disconnected the oil line from the turbo... so should i remove the whole line to the oil sending unit? or can i leave it connected and just ziptie it somewhere til i put the manifold/turbo back on.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:10 PM

If you're confident that you can cap off the line without it leaking then you should be able to leave the oil sending line intact. Just make sure it doesn't spring a leak because it could potentially catch on fire.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:07 PM
New User

Default Re: turbo removal in an integra (iiilgsrlll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iiilgsrlll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you're confident that you can cap off the line without it leaking then you should be able to leave the oil sending line intact. Just make sure it doesn't spring a leak because it could potentially catch on fire.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, see.. thats what i was wondering. if i would have to cap off the line... and if so, where would i get a cap to do so that would hold in place?
Old 03-27-2004, 04:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIK IN DA HED &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well, see.. thats what i was wondering. if i would have to cap off the line... and if so, where would i get a cap to do so that would hold in place?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I remember seeing a thread a while ago about this. You should try a search and see if you can find it.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:50 AM
New User

Default Re: turbo removal in an integra (iiilgsrlll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iiilgsrlll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I remember seeing a thread a while ago about this. You should try a search and see if you can find it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i remember that post.