Notices

Turbo project checklist/doublecheck and a question or two :P

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo project checklist/doublecheck and a question or two :P

Hey all, I am working on giving my del sol a complete overhall basically
I bought it off of my brother after he got sick of his luck with hondas, first he wrecked the del sol, then we both had eg hatches, and they both got stolen on the same night

I keep forgetting things and want to see if anyone can help me remember things I should put on order the beginning of the upcomming week!

My current setup consists of:
d16z6, hot tanked, micro polished crank, rotating assy. balanced, new bearings, oil pump, water pump, honed, milled girdle and notched bottom of cylinders for eagle rods, forged pistons (lol, i know i am so lame, my bro payed to get the motor built, and I didnt pay too much attention to some of it! ), arp headstuds, every gasket replaced, some aftermarked clutch/flywheel (again, I am lame, I need to get with him and check on what all it is on it!)
garrett t3, .60/.63
cc fab manifold, which i cleaned up alittle inside with a carbide bit and angle grinder, had to make a spacer plate where the turbo bolted to the manifold cause the turbo hit the wastegate flange
tial wastegate 7psi spring
hks ssqv bov
westcoastturbo intercooler 20"x9"x2.5"
cc fab ic piping, had to hack up and re weld the intercooler-to-turbo side, has a kind of tight bend to the turbo, so I will probably make a new pipe later down the road.
tunertoys oil feed/return kit - I am using the feed line, but will make a diff way to distribute the oil, and will be making my own crimped high pressure/heat line, jic ends, with a steel jic fitting welded to oil pan
autometer boost/oil pressure/oil temp gauges, I got a air/fuel but I wont use it, I will get my wideband display later.
dsm blue tops
3" downpipe, just finished fabing it up today
2 1/2 exhaust right after dp, I am going to go 3" later most likely, but the exhaust my bro had made is in perfect condition I am going to run it for a little

Need to order on tuesday:
Couplers
High strength/tension band/pipe clamps for my ic piping
chip kit, eprom emulator, lc-1 wideband, chrome lisence
new motor mounts (these are sooooooooo crappy!!!!!)

If anyone sees anything I missed that I may be overlooking, lmk please, I want to place all my orders on tuesday lol.

Also I will have some high res pics of my progress tomorrow!

Modified by HackeN at 10:20 PM 5/26/2007
Old 05-27-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Turbo project checklist/doublecheck and a question or two :P (HackeN)

I think you should slap some larger compressor on that .63 a/r turbine, such as a t04b s trim or a t04e 46 trim. otherwise, with just the t3 60, you'll be maxed out at 270 hp only.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo project checklist/doublecheck and a question or two :P (Blaast)

I am only aiming for roughly 220 for now, then higher numbers later.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo project checklist/doublecheck and a question or two :P (HackeN)

some pics

progress so far, the only thing I don't like is the intercooler piping at the sharp '180' off of the compresser housing.. :/ I am going to run it like that for alittle until I get the build running smooth. After that I may go with a diff compresser housing, I cant stand whats on it now! But may as well put it to use

Dropped the oil pan and welded my nipple for the oil return from the turbo. I took a #8 JIC cap and threw it in the mill and milled through it so it was no longer a cap, and then welded it solid all the way around. Leak tested it and it turned out good
I ran a npt to 8 jic fitting off the bottom of the turbo, after my adapter plate that came with my 'feed/return kit' and crimped up a high heat, high pressure line that went on to the oil pan.
Started it up open wastegate no oil pressure leaks which is great. Oil pressure gauge works great, and my factory oil pressure sensor still kicken.

While I am waiting for my chipping kit, new radiator, and couplers/clamps I am going to realign the front and rear end, pull any dents, repair the small rust spot and get some brand new paint on it!
By the time I am done doing all that hopefully I have everything else so I can throw in my injectors, finish hooking everything up, chip my ecu, my laptop, get my basemap and start street tuning it