Notices

turbo motor setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo motor setup

hey everyone recently i broke a sleeve in my b18c wasn't pretty but it happens anyways i have been lookin into the crower stroker setup im lookin at a 84mm bore and 95mm stroke i was curious if i need to do any block modifications to hold that stroke and what kind of power range i could build with a setup like that with a gt2860 on 25psi. thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo motor setup (justa4dr)

turbo might be a little small for that stroke.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: turbo motor setup (ITR-EKcoupe)

might have to notch the block for the rods to clear. ive never had a 95mm crank. so im guessing

i agree with the turbo being on the small side, for that engine.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well im only planning on running that turbo for one summer cuz its pretty much bran new and i wanna get some use outta it but the plan is to go with a gt35r next summer hopefully the will do the trick
Old 09-29-2008, 02:01 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I had some luck with the 95 stroker kits. Unfortunately all the luck was bad. the cranks for some reason were killing all kinds of bearings that were thrown into the car. ACL, OEM, Clevite, you name it. For some reason the roundness of the journal and the bearing never quite matched, and there was always some scoring on the crank journals. My other builder has also realized that some B18C blocks cannot accept this crank. Something about the way the crank sits in some of the blocks makes it have some clearance issues (I'll have to get to my builder to be more explicable.)

It was a 2.1 litre, using a GT3567R. it was nice for a bit, until it killed the bearings.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo motor setup (TheShodan)

hey man thanks for the info so do you know what blocks were not right for it because i have a 94 gsr motor is there any way to avoid the bearing failure? what were the clearences like? could i line bore the crank journal possibly to fix the problem? Im lookin to buy something soon i wanna start the build i've been with out my car all summer and im starting to get withdrawls lol
Old 10-01-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justa4dr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey man thanks for the info so do you know what blocks were not right for it because i have a 94 gsr motor is there any way to avoid the bearing failure? what were the clearences like? could i line bore the crank journal possibly to fix the problem? Im lookin to buy something soon i wanna start the build i've been with out my car all summer and im starting to get withdrawls lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

This was always the problem as we had checked about 15 different blocks, w/ serial numbers, and about 3 were of this "weird" design, and was only able to tell when we set the crank in. After over 6 months of attempting to find the pattern of design, we gave it up, and kept w/ a more prudent and reliably consistent setup; that being the LS crank and sleeved the 84mm bore. When we found that something went wrong down the road with other users of that 92mm or 95mm crank, they too found it wasn't worth the trouble for the 2.1 litre B-series. Rod replacement was also a hassle because only Eagle had those available, and you were easily waiting WEEKS just to get 4 rods, even when you only needed 1 rod.

If this is your only car, I warn you now. K.I.S.S.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo motor setup (TheShodan)

so the stroker setup was n.f.g. hmmm what crank were you using was it the crower setup? what oiling sustem were you using? Well if i stay with the honda crank should i use my gsr crank or a ls crank cuz i have one of each and what kind of differences in power can i expect from stock stroke to a stroker motor