Notices

Turbo kits for b18b EG

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo kits for b18b EG

Ok, anyone who has read any of my posts knows that I have gone back and forth in trying to decide on an engine. I finally got a hold to a b18b swap. I just have to finish paying someone back for my car.
I want to turbo this thing with the money that I get from selling my Si. I was looking at a few turbokits, Drag Gen III, Revhard, Greddy, F-Max etc...

What are the difference between these kits and which is the best for the money. I live in Fulton Co. GA so I dont have CARB just emissions testings.

I know the Greddy kit is CARB legal and uses slightly different hardware and also doesn't come with an Intercooler. The F-Max/Drag/Revhard all seem to use identical hardware with the exception of the fuel systems and electronics. I know the F-Max comes with injectors which I like, but are the decent ones to run when pushing 10-13psi?

One less question, when I get a Hondata, are these fuel control systems that come with these kits going to be sitting in the bottom of a trash can? If so is it worth buying a kit if I plan on getting a Hondata in the very near future, possibly on the same day as I purchase my turbo?
Old 12-17-2002, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo kits for b18b EG (tealeh2)

bump
Old 12-17-2002, 08:34 PM
Boostless97Lude

if you get an FMAX, it come with extra injectors and a special piggyback fuel controller called the MF2. if you get a hondata, you would no longer be able to use the MF2 and the 2 extra injectors. i personally like the FMAX quality about any of the others, but i am not a big fan of the MF2, my suggestion is buy the FMAX kit w/o the MF2 and extra inkectors, and instead buy a set of 4 440cc injectors and then get the hondata
Old 12-17-2002, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, anyone who has read any of my posts knows that I have gone back and forth in trying to decide on an engine. I finally got a hold to a b18b swap. I just have to finish paying someone back for my car.
I want to turbo this thing with the money that I get from selling my Si. I was looking at a few turbokits, Drag Gen III, Revhard, Greddy, F-Max etc...

What are the difference between these kits and which is the best for the money. I live in Fulton Co. GA so I dont have CARB just emissions testings.

I know the Greddy kit is CARB legal and uses slightly different hardware and also doesn't come with an Intercooler. The F-Max/Drag/Revhard all seem to use identical hardware with the exception of the fuel systems and electronics. I know the F-Max comes with injectors which I like, but are the decent ones to run when pushing 10-13psi?

One less question, when I get a Hondata, are these fuel control systems that come with these kits going to be sitting in the bottom of a trash can? If so is it worth buying a kit if I plan on getting a Hondata in the very near future, possibly on the same day as I purchase my turbo?
if you plan to run hondata, and want to go with a kit, some dealers may exlude the fuel stuff, fmu's, missing links, and you'd pay less for the kit and have money towards hondata.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo kits for b18b EG (vtec.dc2)

Hmm. One more question, actually its more of a dilema. I feel very comfortable doing the turbo install with all the mechanical and electrical parts, but....

If I do a custom kit, how do I install it myself, then get it to a place to have it tuned without blowing the **** out of my engine?
Old 12-25-2002, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you should be able to drive it without going into boost