Notices

Turbo help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo help.

Okay, i think ive got all the questions that i need to ask lol.. ebay turbo are **** ive gathered, the manifold crack are the biggest problem that ive read about so far...but what if you put a turbo such as this(link posted at the bottom) to drive daily to work and occasionally the race every now again, you drive it normal, on a stock everything from rods to pistons to block to everything its stock, ive heard of turbod16 i cant get logged in so i dont know what to do about that, but what if you just like i said put an ebay turbo on to hold up to daily driving ????? because i dont race my car that much..ive bought alot of parts from ebay they've held up very well, mainly for just the daily drive so wouldnt this turbo hold up for the daily drive as well and the occasional race????? Please Help.
THanks.

(this is the turbo that i was considering buying.)
Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
Old 01-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo help. (vtec99ej)

yeah man. you make crazy power!. naw i would try to stick with a name brand turbo.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i wouldnt run that turbo or any turbo off ebay. if your going to spend $500 on a turbo might as well get something good that is going to last. i would look in the classified ads you might be able to find a good turbo new or with low miles on it for a good price. just my $.02
Old 01-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbo_ls_69)

i run a ebay turbo and its doing just fine. it depends on if u want to take a chance or not. I did and im one of the "lucky" ones......so far
Old 02-01-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Turbo help. (vtec99ej)

Definatley get a namebrand turbo kit. You are paying $600 for a headache. That kit will probably take your A/C away, and or your power steering. Not to mention It has nothing for fuel management. Then theres the object of it it fits correctly or you have to modify any parts. It sure looks like the cheap way to go but if this turbo fails, then not only are you out of the turbo but also the car while either removing or fixing the problem. I have a 99 civic ex with a jdm b16 in it. It is currently running a turbonetics t3/t4 kit. I purchased the kit from summit racing and paid $3500 for it. It came with all the hardware and gaskets, additional fuel injectors, a boost timing master, a fuel injector driver for the injectors, a spearco intercooler, all the intercooler piping, intercooler couplers, and very detailed instructions. I had never personally put on a turbo before, and we had my car running and driving in 2 days. Everything bolted right up no fitment issues, or running around for parts. If you are going to turbo your car do it right, because if not you are looking for a blown head gasket, or worse melted pistons, or blown motor. If you are really interested in turboing your car do some research, and save your money. OH, you also dont have to worry about getting your car tuned because the fuel injector driver comes preprogrammed. It also comes with a case of synthetic oil.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Turbo help. (hondab16tuner)

I was just looking at that kit and noticed it doesn't come with a downpipe for your exhaust either.