Notices

Turbo GSR Skunk2 Pro1 Cams Idle

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo GSR Skunk2 Pro1 Cams Idle

Just a little short video I made from Saturday. Was able to get my Supertech Valvetrain, Skunk1 Pro1 cams and my JG Engine Dynamics Cam Gears installed. Ran into a couple of issues though while on the dyno and had to cut my dyno session very short. My cylinder position sensor went out, so now I have to buy a new distributor and also my oil feed line started leaking like no tomorrow! It was really bad but I think I've got it fixed today (Christmas Eve) lol. Well after I fixed the oil leak today I was able to get a video of the idle. I've never tuned with Neptune before, but I've gotten the hang of it pretty quickly. Got my 1000cc injectors to idle at a solid 900 rpm's FTW!! I am pretty excited about that as anyone that has ever had 1000cc injectors knows that it's a pain in the @ss to get it to idle even half way decent. Well try to enjoy my shitty video!!

Last edited by SRDFTITAN; 12-25-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo GSR Skunk2 Pro1 Cams Idle

Link doesn't work. Is it my computer?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fixed
Old 12-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Clean idle.. oh and thank you for protecting and serving our communities

I might have to get one of your gauge holders... just debating on if I want my center vents
Old 12-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds good! I have a GSR dist. for sale.PM me
Old 12-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good job, did you degree the camshaft? My pro1s don't idle like that.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah they are degreed, only took about 30 minutes to do. Thanks for the compliments.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
Clean idle.. oh and thank you for protecting and serving our communities

I might have to get one of your gauge holders... just debating on if I want my center vents
Thanks for the thank you, it means a lot to us in public safety.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The first two minutes of the vid were not necessary. Good idle though, I see you have the old version pro 1s. What were your final cam gear settings srdftitan??? How do you like the cams so far? ColeD do you have the new version or old version, and what were you final cam gear settings. When I installed mine I ended up at +3 IN +4 EX. I have the newer versions that come in the grey box stamped x by the intake cam dizzy location.

Neptune's idle is great. t1 style ids 1000 cc injectors idle really well. The more fuel and iacv duty cycle you add the smoother it will become. What were your idle afrs anyway? that's why I say the first 2 mins were not necessary. No afr info, just boring stills of stuff. Forgive my rant!!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clear things up...and not trying to be a dick, but there is no old or new version of the Pro1's. I had read about that rumor so i called Skunk2 and they said its just a rumor. They have not changed anything with the Pro1's in years except maybe the packaging.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by a1320honda
Just to clear things up...and not trying to be a dick, but there is no old or new version of the Pro1's. I had read about that rumor so i called Skunk2 and they said its just a rumor. They have not changed anything with the Pro1's in years except maybe the packaging.
I understand what you're saying a1320. I didn't mean that the cam profiles or the centrelines changed. The markings on the intake cams are different with the newer skunk2 cams. That's all I meant. My pro 1s were marked "x" unlike the op. Mine also came in a grey box, that's all I meant A1320. No harm no foul, everything is cool.

Did you ever get you pwm problem sorted with the s300?
Old 12-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shanebadoo
I understand what you're saying a1320. I didn't mean that the cam profiles or the centrelines changed. The markings on the intake cams are different with the newer skunk2 cams. That's all I meant. My pro 1s were marked "x" unlike the op. Mine also came in a grey box, that's all I meant A1320. No harm no foul, everything is cool.

Did you ever get you pwm problem sorted with the s300?
Yeah no worries, The tech i talked to at skunk2 told me if i had a chance to correct someone on the Pro1 deal he said i should lol. Cause i read all these different posts saying the centerline had changed and things like that. No worries.

Yeah, The bigger solenoid i was trying out from my work didnt work with S300. Ended up getting a solenoid from Locash that i know works.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shanebadoo
The first two minutes of the vid were not necessary. Good idle though, I see you have the old version pro 1s. What were your final cam gear settings srdftitan??? How do you like the cams so far? ColeD do you have the new version or old version, and what were you final cam gear settings. When I installed mine I ended up at +3 IN +4 EX. I have the newer versions that come in the grey box stamped x by the intake cam dizzy location.

Neptune's idle is great. t1 style ids 1000 cc injectors idle really well. The more fuel and iacv duty cycle you add the smoother it will become. What were your idle afrs anyway? that's why I say the first 2 mins were not necessary. No afr info, just boring stills of stuff. Forgive my rant!!
I'm glad you loved the video LOL, if you ever need a video made just hit me up!! Anyway my final cam gear settings were +2 intake and exhaust. Don't know how I like them yet, haven't driven the car. Whats the difference between the older version and the newer versions? I didn't have to mess with the duty cycle of the iacv, I did have to throw some fuel in my overall fuel trim, I think I'm at 15 or so. During warm up my afr's are at 12:1, anything above 185 degrees at idle is 14.7:1
Old 12-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by a1320honda
Thanks, I've heard the same rumors as well for a long time.