Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: turbo filters/screens

Originally Posted by TravisBiggie
actually you started with the attitude *******, so quit trying to preach to me
Uh huh

No attitude was given to you, you didn't like what you heard, that's on you... If I wanted to be an *******, youd have absolutely no doubt.

Last edited by extralargenog; 04-27-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do have a big ****ing mouth especially when you're gonna give attitude. You're just pissed cause I shot it back at you, you gonna cwy?

you're the first person Ive been negative to on here. How old are you? Are you really 40+ years old, tryin to stand tall on an online forum? -_-
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Judging by your posts, you dont know much and could use some help. You started talking **** to someone thats been making 600-700+ for YEARS... and dont take input from people that actually know what the **** they're doing to well.

You started ****. You dont like the fact you did and look like a moron. I get it, so when you drop the tough guy ****... And are ready for some help.... Maybe then Ill chime back in...

Ya. Im 40, big, angry and an *******. What.

-edit-

Being as I AM an ******* (Yes...... honestly, you got that right, Im trying to do it less often...) I looked again:

Originally Posted by Spawne32
Youre going to have to do something, because you cannot leave it like that.

reason being?

Originally Posted by extralargenog
Ughhhhh Charge contamination for one. How close to the turbo inlet does it dump... Think about what happens to afrs and power when you recirc air with no O2 in it.

Thanks
So where is it? Pretty straightforward statement, and reason... which you asked for..... followed by a (what should have been) thought provoking statement, I dont see the attitude....

followed by you:

Thanks? Do u think you're cute? Go **** yourself.

The end of the dump pipe will be no where near the intake of the turbo, just because its there doesnt mean its gonna shoot dirty exhaust near the inlet. I can put the end of the piping where ever I Want
And I have the attitude? Ya. You're right. Ive seen 300 WHP cars that gained 30 WHP from simply putting intake tubes that redirect the air inlet away from the dumps that didnt even run as close to yours that were more than a FOOT away from the inducer. my car gained 50 (when I was at 620 Yeaaaars ago) moving it away (back) on a top mount setup from the ****ing dumps contaminating the air under my hood... They were nowhere close to the turbo...

Thats not even touching the subject of this thread. Filters. Re do your dump, it sucks and its keeping you form running a filter when there's no need for it.

Better?

Last edited by extralargenog; 04-27-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tldr
Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im pretty sure Im local. When youre ***** ready, let me know... Ill show you how slow mine is. Ill be nice, and even help you when you want to go fast afterward, Ive helped alot of people... Because early on people helped me learn.. But they were able to listen. I had a lot of people help me learn what I know... Because I wanted to make power reliably and go fast..

I didnt like all of them either.

Also... My roomate is looking for a 72mm for his mustang...., trolling your **** I see you have one for sale.

Ironic isnt it.

Last edited by extralargenog; 04-27-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:50 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Im pretty sure Im local. When youre ***** ready, let me know... Ill show you how slow mine is. Ill be nice, and even help you when you want to go fast afterward, Ive helped alot of people... Because early on people helped me learn.. But they were able to listen. I had a lot of people help me learn what I know... Because I wanted to make power reliably and go fast..

I didnt like all of them either.

Also... My roomate is looking for a 72mm for his mustang...., trolling your **** I see you have one for sale.

Ironic isnt it.
You are an *******.. Absolutely. (As am I at times), and though we disagree on many things, I'll give you this..., that was very well put... Adult, straight forward and to-the-point. If he doesn't learn to get off that high horse and listen to a highly experienced-*****-f*cka, then we have to "let life teach him".

He'll learn... One way, or another, he'll learn. Its just a shame that he can't get that ugly pride out of his system and learn to listen once in a while on preventing some mistakes.

Last edited by TheShodan; 04-28-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

tldr
Quit showing your ignorance with 4 letter useless posts, read his response, take into consideration this is "Nog" being civil, and follow his advice on relocating your WG dump. I would give the exact same advice. You never, ever, want to have your WG dump anywhere close to your compressor inlet if you do not have to. Radiant heat, air contamination, will both lead to power losses. On a stock bottom end, where you are trying to make power on an already brittle part, optimizing your incoming air quality would be of the highest priority in my eyes. Give us a full picture of your manifold/WG/turbo/DP/radiator/fan/accessories configuration and we will try and help you determine a better route for the WG dump and also see if we can't get you some good filtered air for that turbo as well.

If this ends up being "TLDR", you might as well crank up the boost controller and do a fourth gear pull and have a few moments of excitement before it goes boom.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All this over a air filter... It kills me sometimes how some people can't recognise simple common sense.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judging by your posts, you dont know much and could use some help. You started talking **** to someone thats been making 600-700+ for YEARS... and dont take input from people that actually know what the **** they're doing to well.

You started ****. You dont like the fact you did and look like a moron. I get it, so when you drop the tough guy ****... And are ready for some help.... Maybe then Ill chime back in...

Ya. Im 40, big, angry and an *******. What.

-edit-

Being as I AM an ******* (Yes...... honestly, you got that right, Im trying to do it less often...) I looked again:

So where is it? Pretty straightforward statement, and reason... which you asked for..... followed by a (what should have been) thought provoking statement, I dont see the attitude....

followed by you:

And I have the attitude? Ya. You're right. Ive seen 300 WHP cars that gained 30 WHP from simply putting intake tubes that redirect the air inlet away from the dumps that didnt even run as close to yours that were more than a FOOT away from the inducer. my car gained 50 (when I was at 620 Yeaaaars ago) moving it away (back) on a top mount setup from the ****ing dumps contaminating the air under my hood... They were nowhere close to the turbo...

Thats not even touching the subject of this thread. Filters. Re do your dump, it sucks and its keeping you form running a filter when there's no need for it.

Better?
a foot u say is too close and will still suck in the exhaust gases? now youve got me wondering mine is about a foot away but dumps way underneath my filter i never thought it would be able to get sucked back up and in but now i wonder.

@justyncredible yes mine is a t3/t4 57 trim and my filter is a 6 inch filter, i removed the power steering cooler to make it fit.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:49 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Im looking for a air filter

I know the thread is old

Does all this info still hold true?

@Tonythetiger
Old 03-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the option I've ran before and will run again is I've used 2 kitchen strainers with a panty hose in between the trainer mesh. stacked: strainer/panty hose/strainer. a panty hose sandwich .
Old 03-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

from the dead, ****.

run an air filter, i'm gonna run a 4" wide 10" long k&n
Old 03-11-2016, 04:33 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by rudebwoy
the option I've ran before and will run again is I've used 2 kitchen strainers with a panty hose in between the trainer mesh. stacked: strainer/panty hose/strainer. a panty hose sandwich .
Lol
Old 03-11-2016, 04:34 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I ended up just getting a k&n from pep boys

K&n website is exhausting to filter through
Old 03-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, its not tooo bad. They need to have a simple entry of the available space, tube size and shape and it would list all compatible filters.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive run either screen or nothing at all on every turbo Honda Ive owned, never noticed any issues. Mind you I put 10k on the car a year, not 50 like some people. But Im not scared of backroads in the fall or even a contruction zone

Windage trays that cover from the front bumper to the engine are also incredibly easy to make
Old 03-12-2016, 05:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Natural Aspirations
Tht spectre filter will fit about anywhere and can be found at your local autozone etc.
I know this is an old post as ive stated earlier

I bought a k&n filter but was too long to fit for my civic

I recently made a intake for my tl. I took the filter from my civic since I wasn't using it at the time and installed it on the tl.

its the same as pictured above

I pulled off the filter pictured above to install the k&n. I noticed shavings in the intake pipe checked the filter and of course it was collapsing from the cone. Luckily I caught it in time.

tldr don't buy cheap air filters
Old 03-12-2016, 05:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Pics
Attached Images    
Old 03-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
I know this is an old post as ive stated earlier

I bought a k&n filter but was too long to fit for my civic

I recently made a intake for my tl. I took the filter from my civic since I wasn't using it at the time and installed it on the tl.

its the same as pictured above

I pulled off the filter pictured above to install the k&n. I noticed shavings in the intake pipe checked the filter and of course it was collapsing from the cone. Luckily I caught it in time.

tldr don't buy cheap air filters

daaaamn daniel. really? shaving inside from a spectre filter.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:34 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Yeah

When I pulled off the intake I seen dirt and I wiped with my finger and seen some shavings. I thought maybe it was from when I made the intake but I put a magnet to the shavings and they stuck to the magnet. My intake is stainless and stainless isn't magnetic
Old 03-12-2016, 05:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I originally bought the cheap filter because the height was short, only about 2 1/2 inches

I found a k&n filter with roughly the same dimensions

Amazon.com: K&N RU-2420 Universal Rubber Filter: Automotive Amazon.com: K&N RU-2420 Universal Rubber Filter: Automotive

Should be here Tuesday
Old 03-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

i dont see any shavings daniel
Old 03-13-2016, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

He said in the intake pipe, do you see a picture of the intake pipe...

Quick Reply: turbo filters/screens