Notices

Turbo and A/C in a integra..

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo and A/C in a integra..

After searching for a hour and getting some questions answered I still have a few left.
My dilemma is I am trying to turbo my integra and I need to retain AC. From what I have read it seems I have a few options, but I just have a few questions in regard to each.

I already have a 12in slim fan to mount on the front of my stock rad if I choose to use it, but if I went that route I would need a smallers fan perhaps a 10in to go on the passigner side as well correct? Also if I chose to go this route is there anyway to get everything in the car w/o having to bend all of the AC lines or is it safe to do so? The one I am most concerned about is the line that comes straight up and bolts to the chassis if I can move that one out of the way some how I think I will be okay with the rest of the lines...

My second option is to ditch my full size and get a civic half rad this idea seems more appealing to me, but to retain AC I have heard I would need a civic condenser since it will bolt up to the half rad correctly? I am wondering if this is true if not how have some of you with integras mounted it?

Sorry for the mass amount of questions, but trying to figure out how all of this will work out is a bit confusing when the details are unknown...

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:17 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Turbo and A/C in a integra..

You can locate the fans on the opposite side of the radiator. Depending on what manifold you use will determine whether or not lines need to be adjusted. You can use a half radiator but obviously your gonna need your condenser.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

back in the day, we sold rev-hard turbo kits which allowed the fullsize rad, ac/ps, and everything still located in the stock mounting position. not sure if this helps, but figured id throw it up on the table.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

greddy turbo works with AC, jsut a thought.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

inline pro manifolds work also and if you dont want a log style peakboost sells a ac kit the 3 inch down pipe is tight but it fits (i was doing a mock up for the oil drain so please dont tell me that will not work )
Attached Images  

Last edited by legomytego; 01-14-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have A/C in my EK on a JG fab log manifold. Let me know if you find a nice tubular style manifold that supports A/C and doesn't have the turbo right behind the rad fan.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:34 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Spoolin performance also has A/C compatible setups that work well.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a blox turbo manifold and 2.5in downpipe in my integra with a/c. I have a aftermarket radiator which is a MUST for running a/c, intown stop and go traffic. the motor will over heat rather quickly without. I have a 10in slim fan on the passenger side inside the bay and a 12in slim fan on the front condenser driver side. there is not enough room to put a slim fan directly infront of the radiator. Also heat wrap is your friend. lol. I also made a custom heat shield for my manifold to keep the temps down alittle.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Has anyone considered putting in an integra condenser into a civic? I was thinking of switching out the civic condenser and putting in a teg setup to free up some space and having the lines switched out.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redlsvtec4door
I have a blox turbo manifold and 2.5in downpipe in my integra with a/c. I have a aftermarket radiator which is a MUST for running a/c, intown stop and go traffic. the motor will over heat rather quickly without. I have a 10in slim fan on the passenger side inside the bay and a 12in slim fan on the front condenser driver side. there is not enough room to put a slim fan directly infront of the radiator. Also heat wrap is your friend. lol. I also made a custom heat shield for my manifold to keep the temps down alittle.

your aftermarket rad is it a half size or full size? also you said there isnt enough room to mount a slim fan
to the rad if not how did you end up mounting it?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i guess my first post was not very clear i have a 3in downpipe on a ac compatable log manifold so i dont need an ac compatable kit i just need to know what to do with the lines in front of the header if i keep my stock rad. is it okay to bend them and put some heat wrap on them and be done?

on the other hand i need to know if i chose to get the slim fan is using my integra condenser a possiblity or would i need a smaller civic one? also would i have to move any lines or is it pretty much drop it in after you make the mounting tabs?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did u ever figure this out ?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by blaze the chemi
Has anyone considered putting in an integra condenser into a civic? I was thinking of switching out the civic condenser and putting in a teg setup to free up some space and having the lines switched out.
wondering also.. I can fit my a/c compressor around my top mount, but the stock condensor is in the way.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TehGhett0P1mp
i guess my first post was not very clear i have a 3in downpipe on a ac compatable log manifold so i dont need an ac compatable kit i just need to know what to do with the lines in front of the header if i keep my stock rad. is it okay to bend them and put some heat wrap on them and be done?

on the other hand i need to know if i chose to get the slim fan is using my integra condenser a possiblity or would i need a smaller civic one? also would i have to move any lines or is it pretty much drop it in after you make the mounting tabs?
you can use youre stock condensor it should be fine. did you test fit everything yet?
the lines my need to be moved but only alittle bit tou should also get them heat wraped for extra insurance you can also use the slim fan it should work.