Notices

Tuning help. Hesitation between cold and warm (open and closed loop) Uberdata

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning help. Hesitation between cold and warm (open and closed loop) Uberdata

I know its long, just trying to get all the info out

Okay, i have a y7 motor, i had it chipped with my p28. Computer has been used in my hatch for two years, on Uberdata. I threw it in my 98 four door, because i converted it over to obd I. Haven't gotten a p06 yet. So, running NA it was fine, then it started getting down to 10 degrees at night, and maybe 20 for a high. Well, when it started doing this, i noticed as the car would start warming up it would start running leaner, like around 15-17 afr. Never missed or anything. Well, i got bored and boosted my 4 door, missed the boost on the hatch. Just a td05, stock fuel pump, and injectors. 2 inch exhuast with cat still. Don't really ever take it above 5 grand, and afr under boost are more then okay. However, now when it starts warming up, it falls on its face, and goes lean, but if i boost when its doing this, it is fine, afr go low, and stops hesitating.

I am no master at Uberdata, but i do well enough. The hesitation doesn't last long either, and once full warm, never happens again. Also, when i am cruising at say 14.6 afr, and hit the gas even just slightly, it will go lean at first, to around 15-16 and then go rich to where it should. Probably connected???
Old 01-24-2007, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tuning help. Hesitation between cold and warm (open and closed loop) Uberdata (coneheadsracing)

i know UD had one version that had intake air temp tables you could play with, that is what you need to look at
Old 01-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tuning help. Hesitation between cold and warm (xenocron)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xenocron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know UD had one version that had intake air temp tables you could play with, that is what you need to look at</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't see that in uberdata, least not the ones i have I do see it in crome though. There is a thing for main enrich, tps enrich and cold enrich. I changed them and then forgot to hit enable, so on my test drive tonight nothing changed, for obvious reasons

I'll have at it again tommorow, plus my o2 sensor for my LM1 took a crap, so i'll get a new one of those tommorow too.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Tuning help. Hesitation between cold and warm (coneheadsracing)

PM me, I have a custom kind of version that has all the working plug ins, including ect and iat.. atleast they work some what, and should help you out.

EDIT: I sent you the file, you should be able to download it.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tuning help. Hesitation between cold and warm (93turbo16)

This is getting old. It's getting worse, now it will hesitate at light throttle, mainly when going from non boost, to boost, like 1-2 psi. Air fuel goes to 16-17 and is just plain irritating. If i hit the gas harder its gone and just boosts. If i keep it around 5 psi i'm fine too. The problem is, on the highway, up a slight incline, i'm right around boost, and it is just annoying anyone have any ideas.

The car has always had a wierd hesitation, but not this bad. I've tried messing around with the iat and ect settings, not getting any better. I haven't tried disabling closed loop yet. I am also using 190 cc injectors, so i have to scale down uber. I know its not optimal, but this is not meant to be a fast car, just off the line grunt, the air fuels are fine in boost. But could that be an issue. I have some obd I injectors that should be 240 cc. I don't know, its about to go back to na i like the added power, but not the headaches 40 miles a day to and from work sucks.

I'm also using bkre7es or whatever those are.
I have not tried new cap rotor/ or fuel filter. so they are an option, but i don't know.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your problem lies in closed loop. Disable it.