Notices

Track Days + Supercharging questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Suspetise...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Track Days + Supercharging questions

After searching a bit, and doing some general research on everything, I'm left with a few questions unanswered. I figured you guys would be able to address at least some of those

First of all, let's get one thing straight. I'm not interested in a turbo. At all. I don't care if it's more powerful, or has a better $-to-performance ratio, or whatever. It's just not something I'm interested in. Now, onto the real stuff.

I'm looking for some more power on track (roadcourse, not dragstrip), and after a bit of thought a supercharger sounds nice. The engine of choice would be a B16, B18B, or LS/VTEC (~10 or 11:1 CR, OEM internals other than ARP rod bolts, no headwork). I'm leaning more towards the B16, as it seems like it'd give me less trouble and would certainly be less of a hassle. My questions for you all concern reliability and/or problems of such a setup. The engine will be run at high rpms for 20-30 minutes at a time in all manner of temperatures and conditions. I'm aware of the intake temps getting pretty hot, and am very strongly considering either the LHT intercooler, or an alcohol injection thing (as suggested by a friend of mine ) to deal with it. It would also be tuned with Hondata, so that shouldn't be an issue. Are there any big problems anyone can think of? Boost recommendations (would 10psi be too much?) ? Measures that can be taken to increase reliability (I have a big honkin' radiator and oil cooler already)?

Thanks in advance, and if this has been covered a gagillion times, my apologies, and mods delete away.