Notices

Are there any performance gains when Jet hotting manifolds and turbo housings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any performance gains when Jet hotting manifolds and turbo housings?

Are there any performance gains when Jet hotting manifolds and turbo housings?
Old 07-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are there any performance gains when Jet hotting manifolds and turbo housings? (Jordo)

up
Old 07-29-2004, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Are there any performance gains when Jet hotting manifolds and turbo housings? (Jordo)

I have no proof, but I do not believe so...
Old 07-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Little to none.

Not worth the money in my opinion. I would opt and coat your pistons instead.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are there any performance gains when Jet hotting manifolds and turbo housings? (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Little to none.

Not worth the money in my opinion. I would opt and coat your pistons instead.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I coated mine, due to the fact my manifold got SICK hoTT!!

i was just wondering if i would even be able to notice
Old 07-29-2004, 08:38 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I disagree. I've done several setups with Jet Hot /HPC coating on the manifolds and turbos and have noticed significant loses in heat, and was able to work on the engine bay minutes sooner than if I hadn't coated the turbo and/or manifolds. I've had decreases of up to 20% in less heat soak in the engine bay
Old 07-29-2004, 08:48 PM

Default Re: (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I disagree. I've done several setups with Jet Hot /HPC coating on the manifolds and turbos and have noticed significant loses in heat, and was able to work on the engine bay minutes sooner than if I hadn't coated the turbo and/or manifolds. I've had decreases of up to 20% in less heat soak in the engine bay</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's about all they're good for. Performance wise as in horsepower you arn't really going to see anything. Don't get the polished silver coat, that flakes off quickly.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I disagree. I've done several setups with Jet Hot /HPC coating on the manifolds and turbos and have noticed significant loses in heat, and was able to work on the engine bay minutes sooner than if I hadn't coated the turbo and/or manifolds. I've had decreases of up to 20% in less heat soak in the engine bay</TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as heat soak is concerned, you'll receive much greater gains with the hondata IM gasket as we all may already know. I do agree with you though, the coatings will comat against heatsoak but only to a certain degree. Read further down and you'll see under which condition. Just curious though, do you actually have any proof that you reduced your heat soak by 20%? Did you datalog your IAT's by any chance? Sorry, but too many people claim they did this and that these days and gained xxx from certain things. I am not trying to write you off as a bullshitter, I would just like to see the proof so I can use it for concrete information reguarding the issue from now on. The best thing about these coatings is combating against heat-loss, but as I said you'll see very little gains. As we know turbo's work through exhaust gasses and less heat loss equals more power yadda yadda yadda.

As far as ambient temperature is involved, once you reach a certain traveling velocity under hood temperatures are going to stay around the same values. Yes jet coating does work, but in my opinion it is over-rated. Reguardless of how much you decide to coat and wrap up, it's going to get hot as hell underneath your hood. It's a turbo motor, what do you expect? As I said before, if you are going to coat anything I would coat the pistons.

It's really a user preference in my opinion. If someone offered me FREE jet coating, I would take it. But if I had to pay 200-250 ouf of my own pocket, I would invest it in a few other things.