Notices

TECH Help! Boosted Teg wont start...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TECH Help! Boosted Teg wont start...

Alright heres the story, I tried posting about a week ago with the same problem but no one really responded.. Well, about 2 weeks ago i had a nasty oil leak so i dropped the turbo/downpipe and installed a new oil pan gasket (and a new mani gasket while i was at it). While my car was jacked, i decided to take out my A/C to free up some room, shed weight, and make it easier to drop and put turbo back up whenever i needed to. I took out all the lines but left the motor mount with the pulley on it in, for obvious reasons. I also took out the condensor? thing that holds enron to make the a/c cold (oh and if anyone plans on doing this, for future reference- watch out!! That enron is very much presurized and shot up in my face when i broke a line). Also while my car was up i decided to drop my stock exhaust, and made a custom 2.5 inch dump out pipe that exited from the drivers side front tire. This was super loud, but i only needed to do it untill this weekend- when i get the thermal 3inch on... Well after i did everything, i secured all the bolts etc.
The next day I pulled out my plug wires off the distributer and cranked the motor for a few seconds, then again- to prime the turbo...I tried starting up the car, but it was a little harder (hesitant) to start than usuall, but still turned over. I drove around town for a test drive and found that i was getting boost on my guauge, but i wasnt going anywhere!! It felt like my car was completley stock, or even slower. And another wierd thing, i know its not a wideband or anything, but my autometer a/f guauge kept reading lean, not matter what the throttle position was. I knew something was wrong, so i returned home. Later that night i though i would check to make sure i put the wires back on in right order- i thought i might have criss-crossed them and creating a missfire. But nope, they were all fine. I tried to start the motor, and it became even harder to start but still turned over. After letting the car idle for a little while, i turned it off to head inside for the night. The next day i tried starting my car and it wouldent... The rotor was turning, it was trying to start but just wouldent turn over. I do have an MSD SCI, and i checked the ground and power- all connected fine. So then i checked my fuses- main IG, coil, and even fuel pump-- all fine. I also checked the lines connecting my FMU- i thought there might of been a vacume leak- but the lines were all connected. I also have a walboro fuel pump- but havent checked that yet, it should be fine-- i put it in less than a month ago. What to do????
Old 12-14-2002, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TECH Help! Boosted Teg wont start... (XLR8 GS-R)

what kind of fuel management are you using? fmu, and walbro?
Old 12-15-2002, 10:28 AM

Default Re: TECH Help! Boosted Teg wont start... (turbod16y8)

Yes, I have an FMU and a walboro 255lph in-tank fuel pump. Last night i checked the FMU lines for kinks etc. but i saw nothing... Im leading to believe there is a vacume leak somewhere in the fuel lines- but i cant see nothing!! Should i open up my tank and check my walboro pump for loose connections?? I do all my own installs..
Thanks!!
Ken
Old 12-15-2002, 01:03 PM

Default Re: TECH Help! Boosted Teg wont start... (XLR8 GS-R)

"I also took out the condensor? thing that holds enron to make the a/c cold (oh and if anyone plans on doing this, for future reference- watch out!! That enron is very much presurized and shot up in my face when i broke a line)."

-- why don't you just get mommy and daddy to get it installed for you too ?
Old 12-15-2002, 01:35 PM

Default Re: TECH Help! Boosted Teg wont start... (2ndgenteg-md)

isn't it called freon?? anyways, double check to make sure you have the plugs on right, then check for spark, then check for fuel, then get back to us.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:43 PM
Trial User

"I also took out the condensor? thing that holds enron to make the a/c cold (oh and if anyone plans on doing this, for future reference- watch out!! That enron is very much presurized and shot up in my face when i broke a line)."

-- why don't you just get mommy and daddy to get it installed for you too ?
WTF? lol

goodluck with your problem
Old 12-15-2002, 03:21 PM

First of all, What the **** is your problem?!? Im 20 years old, i may still live with my parents but thats just cause i dont have enough $$ to move out yet. (Plus i blow it all on my car). I bought my car, pay for 100% of my mods..What the hell would posses you to say something like that? Why dont you shut your ******* mouth and go back to wackin off, and not critizing people for no god damn reason. I believe this is called "honda tech" for a reason- not for criticizing people.. I bet i know more about cars than you ever will.