Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ta da!!!!! dohc zc turbo

ill give the specs tomorrow, its kinda a simple setup but it gets up

Old 10-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ta da!!!!! dohc zc turbo (jdmtiiteyo)

um why not now?
This is the tech area.

Nice car but use the pic thread or APC forum for this kinda stuff please.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: ta da!!!!! dohc zc turbo (***$nyper)

blah blah blah, im a little drunk right now but ill try to post some specs

zc
shotpeened ls rods
forged pistons
gude turbo spec cams
jg complete valvetrain
act clutch flywheel
jg edelbrock turbo kit
upgraded to precision gt2871r
thermal turbo exhaust

ksport coilovers
st sway bar
traction rod
rear disc conversion
camber and toe arms

fiber images hood
urethane kit
corbeau seats

nothing too cool really just my scca car. but i guess come with the flames or whatever, i like it i know its not jdmtiiteyo but f it. i just read a couple other threads where people were showing there efs but where should i put my ef? just wanted people to see it. i do like the stock look but i wanted the body kit cause i actually like it more, same with the headlights i dont like the halos and they are not hooked up but i still like them better then stock, i wanted black housing headlights and i was having trouble finding them without the halos so drop the APC comment. thanks for the partial comment though
Old 10-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a simple set up? must be nice.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ta da!!!!! dohc zc turbo (black0hatch)

i like it. needs to be a different color i think.

here what i did with my old headlights to get the black housin look

Old 10-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ta da!!!!! dohc zc turbo (jdminthemakin)

I think bye apc he actually ment The apperanse/cosmetic forum, But who knows
Old 10-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ta da!!!!! dohc zc turbo (MRN1120)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MRN1120 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think bye apc he actually ment The apperanse/cosmetic forum, But who knows</TD></TR></TABLE> Atleast someone got it.

A/C forum is filled with ricers so it's called the APC forum by anyone who does thier own oil changes.

Sorry for the mix up, wait no i'm not.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good job, not a fan of body kit but looks nice otherwise
Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (90SICRX)

pop the valve cover every so often and keep an eye on the gude cams. I've seen two of their cams wear funny and go to crap pretty quickly. nice setup otherwise.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:17 AM

Default Re: ta da!!!!! dohc zc turbo (MRN1120)

yeah i think its a simple setup, i had a fully built y8 motor for it, nothing went untouched until i started autocrossing and now my focus has switch to that rather then drag racing so i figured the y8 would be put to waste if i just used it for autocross. so i sold it to a younger kid that wanted a built motor right from the start and i picked up the zc and did a little work to it. i was always a fan of the dohc zc. but even with this motor setup, the minor build, and with the precision turbo if i wanted to do some drag racing i could raise boost some to get me moving.
this winter it will sit in a bodyshop getting worked but im a fan of black so it will stay black. yeah i was torn between the stock look vs. a body kit, but this is also my dd so i wanted it to look somewhat sleeker and a little more aggresive, but i didnt want to go over the top with it and i didnt want a fiberglass kit, so i chose the urethane wings west kit.
yeah i do keep an eye on the cams, ive been using gude cams for several years now there has been a couple sets that went to crap but all in all ive always been happy with them and they produce good power with the ranges i want.
thanks for the comments i will post more pics after i take care of my hangover
Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 AM

why does everyone use being drunk as an excuse to being stupid? and they always have to mention "sorry im a little drunk right now..." really, who gives a expletive if you are drunk?

p.s. your car looks like ****
Old 10-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: ta da!!!!! dohc zc turbo (KillSwitch)

Do you have a full shot of the bay?

Old 10-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Where the wild things are in, NY, United States of America
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(referencing top picture) got that manifold on yet?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: ta da!!!!! dohc zc turbo (KillSwitch)

damn killswitch, obviously you care whether or not im drunk since you wrote a comment on it. for an internet @ssh0le, like you can talk man i checked out your thread, and yeah good save, but still trash. you got an earl scheib paint job with a knockoff mugen valve cover not too mention your homemade intake. after your comment i expected to see something worthwhile in your crx. but its okay most people who talk trash on someone or their car over the internet usually means they cant get away with talking like that off the web. but good job anyway on your car and if you want ill be in az next month if you need a cheap intercooler ill sell you one, maybe we can meet up and compare cars. homo tough talker

comeonkip, yes i did get the manifold to fit thanks for the suggestion it worked!!

here is a pic of the engine bay

Old 10-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the irrelevant **** talking has already killed this thread.

I'm guessing the charge pipe and distributor were haveing some sort of clearance issue. Why did you run our piping ata 90 to the TB instead of a 45 which would have given more clearance?

Old 10-21-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: ta da!!!!! dohc zc turbo (Autoworks)

i was actually having dizzy issues and i had to rebuild it but i was fitting the intercooler piping. i had gotten an greddy intercooler kit thinking i could modify the piping but after i recieved the kit it ended up just being too big a hassle and the intercooler was way to big so i sold that kit for cash plus this no name fmic kit. but friday i ordered a precision intercooler so im in need of the cold piping. could you pm me prices? also the hot pipe coming off the turbo has a little clearance issue with my jimfad traction rod. i got all the piping fitted and installed but sometimes during peak boost the hotpipe will come off the turbo no matter how i tight i have it just cause i cant put it straight in due to the traction rod. but that is another thing i have for my agenda for the winter.

i apologize for the **** talking but when you work hard on a car that you have alot of time as well as money into and someone bashes it, its bullshit
Old 10-21-2007, 09:43 AM

oh and also another problem i ran into that i never had before is that on this particular intake manifold the throttle body doesnt bolt on so its a straight the manifold angles it kind of weird so the piping actually sits closer to the motor. i kind of thought maybe because this was a auto motorset. any ideas?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: (jdmtiiteyo)

more pics, here is how i bought it. i was just about to do some suspension work. jimfab traction rod sitting down in front of it

after i rewrapped all the harnesses and painted the engine bay black. also fitted and installed headlights

fitted fiber images sir hood

suspension fitment of thermal 3" exhaust over the st sway bar

after installing kit and lights, i think it looks good. hate it or love

Old 10-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think it looks fine since its very similar to the mugen kit and many circuit raced crx's use that kind on kit....the duckbill looks good too...not too crazy bought the headlights though...
Old 10-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueRex1020)

bout***
Old 10-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtiiteyo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was actually having dizzy issues and i had to rebuild it but i was fitting the intercooler piping. i had gotten an greddy intercooler kit thinking i could modify the piping but after i recieved the kit it ended up just being too big a hassle and the intercooler was way to big so i sold that kit for cash plus this no name fmic kit. but friday i ordered a precision intercooler so im in need of the cold piping. could you pm me prices? also the hot pipe coming off the turbo has a little clearance issue with my jimfad traction rod. i got all the piping fitted and installed but sometimes during peak boost the hotpipe will come off the turbo no matter how i tight i have it just cause i cant put it straight in due to the traction rod. but that is another thing i have for my agenda for the winter.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
sent you a PM
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtiiteyo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh and also another problem i ran into that i never had before is that on this particular intake manifold the throttle body doesnt bolt on so its a straight the manifold angles it kind of weird so the piping actually sits closer to the motor. i kind of thought maybe because this was a auto motorset. any ideas?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Auto and manual DOHC ZC manisposition the TB the same. The only difference I've ever noticed was the auto has 1 or 2 extra vacuum ports on the intake manifold.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:20 PM

well i actually took the throttle body off my a6 and it was positioned differently and i dont remember any of my other zcs being positioned at that angle but i could be wrong. i also was going to use my aem cold air piping as the uicp but with the position of the throttle body put the pipe not in line with the hole behind the passenger headlight where it fit perfectly with the position of the tb on the a6 before it was swapped.