Notices

T3 rebuild or not ???? help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T3 rebuild or not ???? help

ok i got a turbo off a saab it's a T3 now i will be boosting my B16 in my crx si. would it be a good idea to rebuild it or should it be fine the fines spine freely and there is very little shaft play ! i have found one site that will do it for $200 is this a good price or not . i have seen rebuild kits on e bay for $75.has anyone heard of them or had work done by them?
14b (90-94 DSM), T25 (95-99 DSM) and T3 Turbo rebuilds $200 for all parts, labor, and shipping back to you

If your turbo is burning oil, has shaft-play, if you just want to get a rebuild for preventative maintence, or want to rebuild your turbo before putting it on your car, I can help you out. I can rebuild all 14b, T25 and T3 turbos as long as the compressor and/or turbine wheels have not come in contact with the respective housings (noticable by wear marks).

Here is what your turbo gets:

- All new bearings, seals, o-rings, etc.
- Properly balanced
- Thourghly cleaned inside and out, including all turbo components (compressor/turbine wheels, shaft, etc.)

In addition, I will mirror-polish the insides of both turbine and compressor housings. This means that you will get less carbon buildup, much better air/exhaust flow, and less heat build-up. A ceramic-coating on the outsides of both compressor and exhaust housings will also be done to help keep the turbo running cooler as well as make it look better.

I will also include proper break-in instructions for your turbo, as I have seen too many people ruin brand-new turbos by not following proper break-in procedures.

Most places charge $300+ for just a rebuild with up to a month turn-around! I am only asking $200 for all parts, labor, and shipping back to you.

Rebuild turn-around time is about 1 week or so from the time I receive the turbo and it will be shipped to you via 2-3day mail insured with tracking.
http://www.hondainfosource.com/