Notices

Supercharger help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger help!!

I recently bought a jackson racing supercharger with the jackson fuel pump. Now I dont know much about tweaking my car to give the best results nor much about the supercharger. I just got a really good deal on it, and it would have been sold in a matter of minutes if I didn't grab it. So I did...now I'm looking for some advice on mods and tips to reach my max gain.

Right now the car is pretty much stock, only a jdm dc header and aem cai.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:45 PM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: Supercharger help!! (HYPETYPE)

cough forced induction forum cough
Old 04-18-2002, 02:50 PM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have fun being not much faster than stock!
Old 04-18-2002, 02:55 PM
New User

the biggest issue with the JRSCs is tuning, tuning, tuning. the kit as is is pretty much impossible to tune really well.

if you want to do it right, get a standalone and bigger injectors. there are a lot of guys running 9psi or so on the kit without many problems.

if you want to do it cheap and go bandaids (btc, map converter, blah blah)... prepare for some issues with detonation and bogging, and eventually almost as much $$$.

what car and motor is this for?
Old 04-18-2002, 03:08 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Supercharger help!! (Ross)

I would recommend finding an installer/tuner that has experience with installing and tuning JR blowers. Blowers on a Type R with its higher compression and more aggressive cams are trickier than GSR's and SI's. If you can afford it, get a Hondata system and J&S to make sure you don't toast your engine. If not, at least get the JR MAP Controller to control tip in detonation and smooth out partial throttle performance.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Supercharger help!! (2kbill)

What's the price on a Hondata system???......and I'm getting the charger installed at a well known shop. There the guys who built the fastest civic in Ontario, Mike Palagen's car.

But with the way the car will sit after the install, detonation shoudn't be a problem, or will it be?
Old 04-18-2002, 03:15 PM

Stepper pulley - 9psi with either water injection or a J & S Safeguard or some type boost timing retard.
Kamikazi header - short runners with a full 2.5" collector.
2.5" or 3" exhaust
Hondata or some RC310's with a Cartech/Vortech FMU

My mods - 94GSR JRSC with ENDYN stepper pulley. J & S Safeguard timing at 14deg.RC310 injectors and cartech FMU (need Hondata). ITR Exhaust Cam and GSR Intake Cam. Skunk2 gears - intake at 0 exhaust retarded 3 to decrease overlap. ITR springs and lost motion. Crower titainum retainers. Kamikazi header. 3" Thermal Exhaust. MSD6a and blaster coil. Rev limiter moved to 9200rpm. I run consistent high 12.80's with a best of 12.81@108 on 8" slicks. I have not run since my 3" thermal - had a Tanabe Racing Medaloin..

And as far as $$ - I bought most my stuff from friends/used/Ebay etc... right at about 3k invested to run 12's/passes smog/very drivable/bottem end torque and no lag is the best for AutoX and the twisties - I'm 100% happy.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharger help!! (BHSCGSR)

yeah the hondata is key... superchargers like to make power well beyond the rev limiter, so being able to move the rpms up definitely helps. also if you wanna go crazy, get a CRV crank pulley, which is good for 12 psi... but beware of heat! Get the hondata gasket, it should definitely help.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fuel management on the Type R JSRC is extremely problematic. You are going to have a very difficult time getting the car to run at its full potential without a full assortment of bandaids or a standalone.

Go here for more info:
http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper

Even on my Si, the JRSC fuel management was an absolute sh!tty joke. Only with a Hondata was I able to really uncork the potential of this system.

Here are some comparisons:

STOCK ECU, JR FMU, JR IAT RELAY, JR PUMP

Hondata, no FMU, 450cc injectors, stock fuel pump

It took a lot of work to get that kit to produce good numbers on my car. Learn from other people's pain and do it right with engine management.

Overall though: JRSC <--- Never again

Sonny
Old 04-18-2002, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Supercharger help!! (BHSCGSR)

should be going with a liquide injection or another safeguard...and how much do they run?

And again, what's the best price for a hondata system
Old 04-18-2002, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Goto http://www.hondata.com for pricing info. Check with one of their dealers like C-SPEED, SGT, or Payn Technologies for a total price on what you're looking for. A J&S Safeguard is a nice tool. I've always had one with forced induction and I always will.

Sonny