Notices

Stupid Fuel Pressure question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Fuel Pressure question...

I'm getting prepared for my upcoming Hondata install/tuning so I went ahead and installed my Walbro 255 fuel pump and a B&M fuel pressure guage on the stock fuel filter. I was wondering what pressure it should be reading right now? Stock ECU still in place. The motor is stock everything except Arias 9 to 1 compression pistons. The ECU is not throwing any codes either. But at Idle it is currently reading close to 50psi for some odd reason.
Thanks a lot for any info.
Mark
Old 05-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stupid Fuel Pressure question... (01ITR#700)

It's idling at 50 psi because the stock fuel pressure regulator cannot send fuel back to the tank fast enough. The best way to get around this problem is to get a fuel pressure regulator with larger passages like the AEM or the Aeromotive. The B&M isn't a replacement regulator. It's just an adjustable top that you put on top of the stock one. You have adjustability with the B&M, but it has no effect on the size of the passages.

You can also drill a pressure relief hole in the regulator, but I didn't have good luck doing this on a boosted car.

Sonny
Old 05-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stupid Fuel Pressure question... (Sonny)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sonny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It's idling at 50 psi because the stock fuel pressure regulator cannot send fuel back to the tank fast enough. The best way to get around this problem is to get a fuel pressure regulator with larger passages like the AEM or the Aeromotive. The B&M isn't a replacement regulator. It's just an adjustable top that you put on top of the stock one. You have adjustability with the B&M, but it has no effect on the size of the passages.

You can also drill a pressure relief hole in the regulator, but I didn't have good luck doing this on a boosted car.

Sonny
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool, thanks for the info.
Would this have anything to do with my car slightly bogging out or "hiccuping" in the top end right now?
Thanks again.
Mark