Notices

Strenghting OEM pistons by variouse methods

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strenghting OEM pistons by variouse methods

well i have read about different types of coating that will help strenghten metal compounds. The main ones i hear about is ceramic and byrcoat(TiN)

But i don't know much about how it really work or if it will even work at all. Does anyone here know what I'm referring to?

The was a article in DRAG magazine about how ceramic coated OEM poiston is another alternative haveing strong pistons rather than buying new forged. It also states that it will make more power then forged piston( @ same boost leaves) because it's coated and will help reduce heat... or somthing like that.

anyone please shead some light. I have not done search yet because i don't really know what it look under
Old 05-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Strenghting OEM pistons by variouse methods (Charlie Moua)

coating them doesn'tmake them stronger, it just makes them take the heat better..i did this to a set of wiseco's, after about six months the coating was gone..
Old 05-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Strenghting OEM pistons by variouse methods (espano(ls))

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espano(ls) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">coating them doesn'tmake them stronger, it just makes them take the heat better..i did this to a set of wiseco's, after about six months the coating was gone..</TD></TR></TABLE>\

damn... i thought it was a permanite coating that would not burn or flake off. So who did you get them coated through?
Old 05-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why bother, go aftermarket
Old 05-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Strenghting OEM pistons by variouse methods (speedworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why bother, go aftermarket</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. This is what my pistons looked like after I pulled them out---and I was wondering where all the blue smoke came from
Yes, thats all 4.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Charlie Moua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">\

damn... i thought it was a permanite coating that would not burn or flake off. So who did you get them coated through?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used a local machine shop..They probably just sent them out to someone else..It was only like $40 to get them coated..