Notices

stock map sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock map sensor question

I have a jdm d15b vitara setup, gsr throttle body with a to4e 50trim, evo 8 injectors, stock fuel pump with a chipped pm6 ecu with a custom base map from xenocron but i haven't upgraded my map sensor yet how many lbs of boost can i run before i start comming into issues with this setup? I'm getting ready to start the care and i just want to know where i will start running into problems. Yes i know i'm going to need a new fuel pump and a different map sensor but just for now this is what i have.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stock map sensor question

Originally Posted by turboblack2door
I have a jdm d15b vitara setup, gsr throttle body with a to4e 50trim, evo 8 injectors, stock fuel pump with a chipped pm6 ecu with a custom base map from xenocron but i haven't upgraded my map sensor yet how many lbs of boost can i run before i start comming into issues with this setup? I'm getting ready to start the care and i just want to know where i will start running into problems. Yes i know i'm going to need a new fuel pump and a different map sensor but just for now this is what i have.

hmmmm stock map only reads to 11.5psi and i would suggest the gm 3 bar map sensor... easy to wire up and alot of people use it so there are people out there that can help you..... part #85146 from pep boys is the connector you will need... just slight modification to the connector to work.... better than hard wireing to the sensor.... and you will run into problems with out a tune... even the base map might be a little rough.... to many variables...

kev
Old 03-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i plan on puttin a gm 3bar on my car but right now i'm just putting it back together so i can drive it some. Do you think i'm going to have any issues on the stock fuel pump if i don't go over 15lbs as of right now?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:23 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

9 pounds becuase boost cut has to be set.

you HAVE to change the fuel pump. that's not a question
Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turboblack2door
i plan on puttin a gm 3bar on my car but right now i'm just putting it back together so i can drive it some. Do you think i'm going to have any issues on the stock fuel pump if i don't go over 15lbs as of right now?

honestly i would not boost at all on that set up til you get the fuel pump..... and if it does drive with that set up on the base map, i wouldnt push it.... keep it out of any type of load and dont build any boost and you may be ok if you really have to drive it.... trust me tearing back into an engine you just put togather because you were impatiant and just wanted to drive it is not worth it..... i have done that before... it aint fun..

kev
Old 03-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The stock Civic pump is ~79lph, while the stock dohc vtec models use a 139lph pump. 200whp and 300whp are about all you should expect from them, respectively. A 50trim would be over 200whp when closer to 7psi on your motor. Adding a fuel pump now won't do much besides possible making your idle a bit too ruch (if you use the stock FPR). Not using one could lean it out under boost, meaning you'll be among the few to have cracked/melted vitaras.

You'll also need a different basemap with a MAP sensor upgrade. I'd suggest the 4bar Omni sensor, since its a simple bolt-on affair, and the GM 3bar are poor in regards to individual calibration. They generally don't have a good linear output in vac or high boost.