Notices

Starting all over. Either nitrous or turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting all over. Either nitrous or turbo...

I've finally gotten rid of my money pit DSM after thousands of dollars in loss so I'm in the beginning steps of my CRX. This would be more of asking the regulars of "Force Induction" their opinions regarding the build up of my current car. I am debating between an all nitrous set up or going turbo. I've had previous experience with both, nitrous on my EK coupe and turbo for my DSM(Also my cousin's C5 Vette). Just wanted to hear some opinions from the fellow H-T members to help finalize my decision. Thanx.

Sam
Old 02-02-2004, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Starting all over. Either nitrous or turbo... (RaceProfessor)

I say turbo, just b/c of the simple fact that its always there. If you have nitrous and you pull up next to a vette...then u look at your bottle pressure and see you have no pressure, then u cant race. However if u had turbo...u know the turbo is always gonna be there..you can race and win. Bottom line is that turbo is constantly there...NOS is not.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Starting all over. Either nitrous or turbo... (SpoolnG2)

Strong point. This isn't going to be my daily driver so if a race was gonna take place, I would be prepared. In a street race, under less than perfect conditions, a nitrous car would be more than ideal cuz you can more easily control the juice as opposed to the constant pedaling of the boosted car. In extremely cold weather however, even with the heater on, it would more difficult dealing with bottle pressure. Just so many different variables making my decision difficult so I just needed some reassurance from you guys.

Sam
Old 02-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would go with boost. Dont forget they do make dual stage boost controllers now . Get a decent radial on the rex and go to work. A buddy of mine went 11.6 this summer on a drag radial in his full interior turbo hatch. I doubt any nos fwd car can do that. Plus dont forget, the bottle does run out . You will be happy with boost trust me, thats what I would pick.

EVIL
Old 02-02-2004, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Starting all over. Either nitrous or turbo... (SpoolnG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolnG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I say turbo, just b/c of the simple fact that its always there. If you have nitrous and you pull up next to a vette...then u look at your bottle pressure and see you have no pressure, then u cant race. However if u had turbo...u know the turbo is always gonna be there..you can race and win. Bottom line is that turbo is constantly there...NOS is not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good point, you may not be able to put your life and everybody elses life at stake if you have nitrous......My vote is for n20.....

but really, i've never used n20 so i cant speak for it. I would just recomend turbo for the smimple fact that i have one and enjoy it. Also for the most part it's pretty consistent, and i enjoy the feel of the boost kicking in....
Btw my car is driven on the track 95% of time (the other 5 % is just starting it up and taking it around the block a few times to keep it from sitting for to long)
Old 02-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Starting all over. Either nitrous or turbo... (b16ahybrid)

Man, what a tough decision. I used to be a die hard nitrous junkie but those 120mph+ traps are so enticing. I've got 2 very close friends(who like to think of themselves as rivals), one with a B18 with direct port and the other with a B16 turbo and it's all about the consistently of the nitrous car or the wailing top end of the boosted car that'll claim the win. Maybe the victor of that race will determine my choice of force induction.

Sam
Old 02-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm in the same situation myself. I know if I want to go faster, turbo is the choice. However, I kind of just want a NA LS motor (11.2:1CR, crower cams, etc) and add in a 75 shot when I'm at the track. I don't want to turbo, because I want to keep the setup simple and I don't really need to go fast anymore (not with the way the laws have changed)....quite a dilemma
Old 02-02-2004, 07:29 PM

Get a turbo!

Have you heard that saying "take the bottle away from the baby...." (for you to finish)
Old 02-02-2004, 09:31 PM

WELL IF U STILL DONT NO WHAT U WANT WHY NOT DO BOTH. NITROUS AND TURBO MAN THERE IS NO FELLING LIKE IT
Old 02-03-2004, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (redturbohatch)

i live my life a quartermi..... just get 2 bottles of NAWS!
but seriously tho...n02 is expensive. to keep refilling it i mean.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:19 PM

Default Re: (Cramerox)

Sam, bottle that bitch out, and bottle chris to, then maybe you could beat the v-dub