Notices

sorry guys, gotta dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry guys, gotta dilemma

okay, i know this is FI forum, but in all honesty, i did a search in all other forums, and the answers i found do not sound very educated. i know you guys are technical, and to make it fit, my boy just installed a low compression fully built dart block, and built b16 head to my 97 teg. so im ready for boost. but my question is this. since the new motor was put in, every so often my car overheats. turns out the fans were not coming on. my boy changed out my engine temp sensor, thinking that would do it, and it did for a bit, but almost a week later now its overheating again and i dont want to bake this motor. he said hes gonna hard wire it so the fans turn on everytime all the time, but i dont want it rigged, i want to know what the problem is. any suggestions? tonight when i got home, it was over heating while i was driving, and that confused the hell out of me. i got home and in to the garage, and of course the fans werent on. i shut it off, and turn the key to on, didnt start it, and the fans were blowing like hell. then i started it, and it got over hot, fans didnt turn on. any ideas fellas? any and all help is much appreciated.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: sorry guys, gotta dilemma (dartdc97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dartdc97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay, i know this is FI forum, but in all honesty, i did a search in all other forums, and the answers i found do not sound very educated. i know you guys are technical, and to make it fit, my boy just installed a low compression fully built dart block, and built b16 head to my 97 teg. so im ready for boost. but my question is this. since the new motor was put in, every so often my car overheats. turns out the fans were not coming on. my boy changed out my engine temp sensor, thinking that would do it, and it did for a bit, but almost a week later now its overheating again and i dont want to bake this motor. he said hes gonna hard wire it so the fans turn on everytime all the time, but i dont want it rigged, i want to know what the problem is. any suggestions? tonight when i got home, it was over heating while i was driving, and that confused the hell out of me. i got home and in to the garage, and of course the fans werent on. i shut it off, and turn the key to on, didnt start it, and the fans were blowing like hell. then i started it, and it got over hot, fans didnt turn on. any ideas fellas? any and all help is much appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jump (using a wire) the 2 wire thermo switch located on your lower radiator hose inlet of the motor.

This "should" turn on your fans with the vehicle running, if it does not you have a problem elsewhere.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Check all the connections and wires going to the fans. sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere
Old 02-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sorry guys, gotta dilemma (Turbocivic94)

Arent Dart blocks closed deck? I doubt that is what is causing the problem though.........

Probably a loose connection.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sorry guys, gotta dilemma (JDM00SI)

yes the dart block is closed deck. i was contemplating getting an aftermarket rad soon, but for now i at least need the fans to work
Old 02-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dartdc97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes the dart block is closed deck. i was contemplating getting an aftermarket rad soon, but for now i at least need the fans to work </TD></TR></TABLE>

put a jumper in the fan plug
Old 02-11-2006, 03:55 PM

Default Re: sorry guys, gotta dilemma (Turbocivic94)

don't forget to change the coolant and bleed the system