Notices

So Whats Up With This 4" Down Pipe Craze?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: So Whats Up With This 4" Down Pipe Craze? (integlspwr2k)

I find it fuun people are always trying to up horsepower levels as if that is all that counts in a car. I personally like a well balanced car that is fun to drive. At least that is what i'm striving for.

Default Re: (newgsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by newgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I can do that for you Dave!! Iowa State University baby!! lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

iowa state?

nahh mang.

isu = illinois state university.

were the girls love and and the love the biggest down pipes that they can fit.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AVATAR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AVATAR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Narrowminded, retarded posts are making this thread useless. Some may benefit from it, others will not dont post BS like it's useless in your eyes.

And for the the dude that only gained "5hp" on a "race engine", your funny dude. . . I'd like to know what you race set up consists of.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Retarded posts like yours is making this thread useless.

if you can not find the truth in my two reasons why a 4" down pipe is useless i'd like to hear it.

and tell me who will actually benefit from it, i'd like to know their reasons why they went to a 4" dp besides "i want to have the biggest dick" reasons.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: (Suprdave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You need to introduce me to her...</TD></TR></TABLE>

c'mon d-r-e dont ya remember?

u kissed her at the halloween party we went to.

u were just to drunk to close the deal

bring that black car down here and lets go have some fun.

isu- where the parties always have a 65-35 or better ratio. girls to guys that is

Old 01-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So Whats Up With This 4" Down Pipe Craze? (Mr. Miyagi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Miyagi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I find it fuun people are always trying to up horsepower levels as if that is all that counts in a car. I personally like a well balanced car that is fun to drive. At least that is what i'm striving for.</TD></TR></TABLE>

unfortuantly most people on HT that are pushing the 4" DP are just trying to make peak numbers and dont care about driveability, they just want numbers..
Old 01-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (integlspwr2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integlspwr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

2. if running 4" exhuast on a street car, its BS because if you are running that big, your car shouldnt be on the street anyways because it wont hook up... and really who can really drive a 500+ whp street car.

So honestly, give me a break 4" down pipe is USELESS.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

So lets say you have a 600whp Honda and your 4" exhaust is helping make that power. But you want to drive on the street too. So you set it to low boost and drive around with 350whp. Does it make sense to change back to a smaller exhaust when you drive on the street? No it doesn't, therefore this is case where a 4" exhaust is not 'useless' or 'BS'. open you mind just a tiny bit if you are able, and maybe logic won't evade you next time.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bailhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So lets say you have a 600whp Honda and your 4" exhaust is helping make that power. But you want to drive on the street too. So you set it to low boost and drive around with 350whp. Does it make sense to change back to a smaller exhaust when you drive on the street? No it doesn't, therefore this is case where a 4" exhaust is not 'useless' or 'BS'. open you mind just a tiny bit if you are able, and maybe logic won't evade you next time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so now your street machine is detuned and the 600whp you just made were just for "numbers"

you can make 600whp fine with a 3" exhuast. Honestly there is no need for 4" exhaust. and with that added weight of the exhuast, you wont be no more fastest on 350whp then the gsr greddy turbo kit next to you.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integlspwr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so now your street machine is detuned and the 600whp you just made were just for "numbers"

you can make 600whp fine with a 3" exhuast. Honestly there is no need for 4" exhaust. and with that added weight of the exhuast, you wont be no more fastest on 350whp then the gsr greddy turbo kit next to you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure, you can make 600 WHP on 3" exhaust, you'll just do it with 2 pounds less boost and spool the turbo 3-400 RPM's quicker. I just made up those numbers, incase you want to try and nitpick that ****. For someone who makes posts about taking a GT35R over a T67 in the other post for more mid range power, you sure seem to be opposed to a 4" DP that can do nothing but make more mid range power.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

...or maybe you have that power for for drag racing? eh eh? stranger things have happened.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bailhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

...or maybe you have that power for for drag racing? eh eh? stranger things have happened.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

but you said he wants to drive it on the street.

Make up your mind....

Is it gonna be a all out drag car or a street machine?

Street machine = 3" fine.

drag car = 3 or 4" elbow.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (@lbert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by @lbert &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sure, you can make 600 WHP on 3" exhaust, you'll just do it with 2 pounds less boost and spool the turbo 3-400 RPM's quicker. I just made up those numbers, incase you want to try and nitpick that ****. For someone who makes posts about taking a GT35R over a T67 in the other post for more mid range power, you sure seem to be opposed to a 4" DP that can do nothing but make more mid range power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you can give me a good reason how a 4" DP can give me more mid range then a 3" i would be happy to see your calculations..
Old 01-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

but you said he wants to drive it on the street.

Make up your mind....

Is it gonna be a all out drag car or a street machine?

Street machine = 3" fine.

drag car = 3 or 4" elbow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought I made my senario clear- high power for drag racing and low power for street. LOTS of poeple do this becasue, as you said high power hondas are kinda pointless on the street but with slicks its another story. Its no fun arguing with you if you dont at least put some thought into your replys
Old 01-26-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: (Casey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Casey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what? u want some old timer? wait till i get my kaa runnin dawg!</TD></TR></TABLE>

pfffffft, I drove my car today, how did yours run?
Old 01-26-2005, 07:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by @lbert &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sure, you can make 600 WHP on 3" exhaust, you'll just do it with 2 pounds less boost and spool the turbo 3-400 RPM's quicker. I just made up those numbers, incase you want to try and nitpick that ****. For someone who makes posts about taking a GT35R over a T67 in the other post for more mid range power, you sure seem to be opposed to a 4" DP that can do nothing but make more mid range power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm someone that would take the gt35r over a t67. why? people are often to focused on making gobs of top end power. I like drivability and decent powerband. now down to the frickin 4 inch down pipe bullshit!! there is nothing wrong when using a 4 inch dp, but for most, the benefit will be minimal if using it with a full exhaust. a 3 inch dp w/e-cutout would work much better on a street car. you have more ground clearance

and for the guy who questioned about gaining 5hp with a 4 inch elbow vs 3 inch elbow. set-up 84mm gsr- built, ported head, water to air ic, yadayada... flow characteristics of both pipes didn't seem to change much. boost did pick up a bit faster, air fuel barely change. there was no need to retune
Old 01-26-2005, 07:02 PM

If you can give me a good reason how a 4" DP can give me more mid range then a 3" i would be happy to see your calculations..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Give me a good ******* reason why it won't. This is a stupid *** argument. Bigger is better after a turbo, period. If you pick up power running an open cutout over a 3" DP + exhaust, OBVIOUSLY it poses some restriction. A LOGICAL person could figure out that bigger will make more power. Your arguments make no god damn sense. LOTS of people up the boost for race gas, and turn it down for pump gas and drive it on the street. That doesn't make them race cars. Jesus christ. I'm done with this, this is just idiotic.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:39 PM

Give me a good ******* reason why it won't. This is a stupid *** argument. Bigger is better after a turbo, period. If you pick up power running an open cutout over a 3" DP + exhaust, OBVIOUSLY it poses some restriction. A LOGICAL person could figure out that bigger will make more power. Your arguments make no god damn sense. LOTS of people up the boost for race gas, and turn it down for pump gas and drive it on the street. That doesn't make them race cars. Jesus christ. I'm done with this, this is just idiotic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup, bigger is better, but i think integ was just trying to state that is it really worth it for the guys who are going to buy it for their stock motor bolt on turbo kits. for the guys who have a built motor, making tons of power, who wish to drive their race cars on the street, sure buy it, then the 4 inch makes sense... lower egt's, better spool, etc.

dp's are like dicks. some girls prefer a average dick, but will take a larger one if thats all thats available. other girls need a big dick, because a small one just can't do the job.

now, lock this stupid thread
Old 01-26-2005, 10:28 PM
SYD
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (martinscott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by martinscott &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yup, bigger is better, but i think integ was just trying to state that is it really worth it for the guys who are going to buy it for their stock motor bolt on turbo kits. for the guys who have a built motor, making tons of power, who wish to drive their race cars on the street, sure buy it, then the 4 inch makes sense... lower egt's, better spool, etc.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh ok.. so now hes only talking about stock motors with bolt on kits?....so only those are street cars now?...thats a new one.

to each his own..
Old 01-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: (bruceleeroy)

If you think a 4" doenst help you must be crazy. I have an exhaut back pressure sensor to prove it. I'll keep it at that.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:48 AM

wholy pissypants batman